AC GT Multiclass @ Nordschleife - Sunday 10th October 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I did some practice laps with the MX5 on Bathurst for the Wednesday event and after that I did a few laps the GT4 there.
What you are saying about the learning opportunity from the Maserati for braking, that goes for the Cayman for tyre management. I was really burning the front tyres on Bathurst in the middle sector at first. Wouldn't have finished the race without tyre change that way. I tried some different approaches and without losing (much) pace the wear decreased dramatically.
I've never seen this effect so strong with other cars. So I think that both GT4's are very good cars for optimizing your drive style on these aspects.
I'll stick to the Porsche now for the same reason as you stay with the Maserati. Later I will switch to that car to improve my braking!

I'm grateful to Brian that he added the GT4 class to the Sunday events.

The tyres seem alot more forgiving than the GT3 softs, after a spin or drift you don't get a big overheat issue to deal with. It would be similar to doing a no tyre change GT3 race on mediums. Behave in a similar way but a bit easier to keep the heat/grip in the GT4 tyres.

Last edited:
One question I have is about the Karussell. You were using the flat outside section. Was it faster for you or just safer?
I found the banking quite tricky to enter without losing time in the Nissan, but if you manage do that I think it is faster than taking the outside
Very difficult to be specific, I recon the outside line is 1/2 second slower when someone commits to the inside line, but there is a risk to that, but I get a better drive out of the corner and I do not know what that gives me. I would say I probably get some of the 1/2 second back, maybe.?
:)

Last edited:
Very difficult to be specific, I recon the outside line is 1/2 second slower when someone commits to the inside line, but there is a risk to that, but I get a better drive out of the corner and I do not know what the gives me. I would say I probably get some of the 1/2 second back, maybe.?
:)
I just checked the replay, and we were .3s apart going to the Karussell, and .2 running uphill after it even though my exit line was not ideal as I had to accommodate for that white thick butt on my right. Going in the turn itself, I even edged slightly ahead momentarily. So I guess taking the banking is faster overall if you nail it, but if you don't and hang between the banking and the flat part you can easily lose a second right there. Don't ask me how I know it :D

Not a WR lap yet, but very close. There were a few mistakes that cost me at least half a second.

Setup is attached. It's the same one I used for the race, but with low fuel and +1 psi on each tire for colder track conditions.
Just chiming in again after reading through the race reports. Dang, I would've loved to be part of these battles!

If anyone things the front-lifting physics would be unrealistic: There's a speedlimit now for Flugplatz...

Schei*e is right! Danger for the spectators too.

Is the speed limit in racing or just the tourist days?
Just had a read up:
After the Nissan crash (one spectator died, sadly :(), GT3 and similarly fast cars were banned for some time until the analysts completed their tasks.
Speed limits were then introduced for (all events, races etc):
- Flugplatz
- Schwedenkreuz
- Döttinger Höhe

But only from the 28.03.2015 to 02.04.2016.
New tarmac in crucial places, probably alongside some flattening. Some "No spectator" zones for potentially risky places and new fences.

Not sure about tourist days. I think they have some speedlimits at all times. You also overtake on the left and need to use your blinkers (turn indicators) during these.

Last edited:
Just had a read up:
After the Nissan crash (one spectator died, sadly :(), GT3 and similarly fast cars were banned for some time until the analysts completed their tasks.
Speed limits were then introduced for (all events, races etc):
- Flugplatz
- Schwedenkreuz
- Döttinger Höhe

But only from the 28.03.2015 to 02.04.2016.
New tarmac in crucial places, probably alongside some flattening. Some "No spectator" zones for potentially risky places and new fences.

Not sure about tourist days. I think they have some speedlimits at all times. You also overtake on the left and need to use your blinkers (turn indicators) during these.

Ah, ok, I watched some races there recently... and some fog... and didn't notice anyone going easy!

Great noise from the audi in that video :confused:

Pity you missed this one Rasmus, glad you are getting your fix on Friday :)

We will be back again no doubt!

Just chiming in again after reading through the race reports. Dang, I would've loved to be part of these battles!

If anyone things the front-lifting physics would be unrealistic: There's a speedlimit now for Flugplatz...

He should've used lower rear wing like I did

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 277 15.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 188 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 190 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 139 7.6%