AC GT Multiclass @ Nordschleife - Sunday 10th October 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I had to restart the session. It was locked "Practice - Overtime" and I couldn't leave the pits. All good now.
Ah, ok. I just checked it was running, didn't try to drive :whistling:

Hi, not sure maybe my issue is related. Yesterday I couldn't put the car in gear on the practice server, I could start but then I am just stuck in neutral. It was the same for the Audi/Mazda Bathurst practice server. All game controls work offline and I didn't try any other public servers. I gave up on it, but reading this I wonder if its related. Will try again this morning.

I have a check this morning.. Will actually make sure to drive this time!

@Fiberoptix

Maser was going into gear for me ok on the server.

Maybe check your driver software. It was happening me where the logitech was changing profiles of it's own accord.

Could be something odd going on with CSP version or content manager either..

If you have a geat stick, have a mess with that :p Maybe something to do with auto clutch or assist settings.

Last edited:
@Fiberoptix

Maser was going into gear for me ok on the server.

Maybe check your driver software. It was happening me where the logitech was changing profiles of it's own accord.

Could be something odd going on with CSP version or content manager either..

If you have a geat stick, have a mess with that :p Maybe something to do with auto clutch or assist settings.
Thanks, its working fine now.

Thanks for organising Brian. You and Han were way too fast. Maybe not the best track to drive a car with no ABS for the first race but I felt it was a useful experience. Congratulations to to the podiums especially the GT4s :D

Last edited:
race report.:unsure::rolleyes:
Glad that is out of the way, just Audi on Wednesday. I have never raced here and not come off , no different tonight.
Probably easily my most hated circuit.
Dimitry was in a class of his own, I was as chuffed to bits to keep him at bay for 5 laps.
When he finally caught, I was so miffed that he to was in a Nissan, for some bizarre reason I assumed he was in a McLaren.
My heart dropped when Godzilla grill loomed in my rear view mirror, the end was inevitable.
Well done podiums, and @Interslice for the organisation.:)

Thanks for organising Brian. You and Han were way too fast. Maybe not the best track to drive a car with no ABS for the first race but I felt it was a useful experience. Congratulations to to the podiums especially the GT4s :D

Well deserved podium tim, such a tough track to take on for your first race in this car! I badly flat-spotted my front left by the last 20 making it even easier to lock the brakes. A usefull experience though as you say. I found it a tough track to concentrate on for 60 minutes, especially when you end up in no mans land without a car to follow. The first few laps were great though! I'll try get time this week to have a good mess with the setup to see if I can improve the brakes.

Last edited:
race report.:unsure::rolleyes:
Glad that is out of the way, just Audi on Wednesday. I have never raced here and not come off , no different tonight.
Probably easily my most hated circuit.
Dimitry was in a class of his own, I was as chuffed to bits to keep him at bay for 5 laps.
When he finally caught, I was so miffed that he to was in a Nissan, for some bizarre reason I assumed he was in a McLaren.
My heart dropped when Godzilla grill loomed in my rear view mirror, the end was inevitable.
Well done podiums, and @Interslice for the organisation.:)
Nice re-passing me back before we both pitted. I had a feeling I made my move too early and left you a chance to counter-attack and you pulled this off! Good job, you really made me work for it on the next lap.

I took the Godzilla because I never raced it here before and wanted a challenge. Picking the Audi would've been way too easy as I was a couple of seconds faster in it on mediums compared to the Nissan on softs when I tried them both on practice server.

Big thanks to Brian for organizing this. Nords is always a treat. Too bad the grid wasn't full today, especially in the GT4 class.

P.S. Looks like poor Bart forgot to make his stop and gifted Hans-Peter the podium finish :rolleyes:

Thanks for an enjoyable event Brian and congrats to the quick guys. Ernie was raving about the Nissan the other week so i thought i would give it a try. What a forgiving car compared to the more exotic cars. Mostly uneventful other than screwing up the carousel twice but thoroughly good fun all the same. Thanks to everyone who made it happen and took part

@demetri
It was a really easy race, it was so obvious for the outcome, there was no stress.
When you are in for a 10 second per lap deficit even considering the lap length.
If I could have kept that to 2 seconds I would have put more effort in, but it meant you could have two or three attempts per lap.
I “stood” no chance, it was just a matter of putting the obvious off for as long as I could get away with it.
I do not know what happened to Patrick, he was in a far better position to give you a race than I.

Bart had me confused though, but on one set of tyres and me on fresh soft tyres , that for Bart had an obvious conclusion too.
I had assumed he had done a splash and dash, never realised he forgot to fuel.
:)

One question I have is about the Karussell. You were using the flat outside section. Was it faster for you or just safer?
I found the banking quite tricky to enter without losing time in the Nissan, but if you manage do that I think it is faster than taking the outside

This was an interesting race for me. Got pole position in the GT4 class but some of the GT3's didn't get a timed lap so they started at the back. Brian had an incredible start and got the lead immediately and with some of the GT3 between us, I didn't get the chance to catch up. But in Adenauer-Forst he made a mistake and went off a bit so I could pass him. Then I thought he was chasing me because I saw a red car in my mirror so I started defending fiercely until on Kesselchen he passed me. It turned out to be Richard in a red Nissan. Richard, I'm sorry for holding you up unnecessary:notworthy:.
After that my gap to Brian increased slowly to about 15s when he and Tim made their pitstop. I did the same one lap later (no tyre change) but after that the gap was much bigger so I suppose they made some mistakes. I could hold my pace until the last two laps when my fronts we're below 60 and I got more understeer. In the last lap also my rear tyres were worn and I got snap oversteer in some corners. My lap times dropped with 3second but at the end the gap to Brian was about a minute so I guess they had troubles also.

Congrats to the other podiums and thanks Brian for organizing.
For those who struggle with the GT3 would be my advice to go for the GT4 a couple of events. The car is easier to drive and has fewer setup options so you can better judge the effect of changing them.

Last edited:
Not a WR lap yet, but very close. There were a few mistakes that cost me at least half a second.

Setup is attached. It's the same one I used for the race, but with low fuel and +1 psi on each tire for colder track conditions.

Attachments

• gtr-nords-rsr.ini
    1.7 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Thanks to everyone involved last night! Next weeks event is up. Out of the frying pan and into the fire, on the mountain :)

Hope to see you all there - And more!

I sort of suspected last night the issue with the maserati's brakes was the suspension, rather than the brake power alone. As it was in the middle of the braking zone where it was locking badly, rather than the usual endzone issues that you would get twith the GTE cars. Hopefully the setup attached in next weeks thread will encourage a few more into trying it or giving it another go :D

Last edited:
Fun time, but Nords is a tough track. I had good pace but kept going off and losing any time gained. I learned the track much better than last time.

Congratulations to the winners and thanks for organizing.

When you think of it, around 5 -10 events here is equivilant to one at a normal track. That's how it feels for me anyway!

This was an interesting race for me. Got pole position in the GT4 class but some of the GT3's didn't get a timed lap so they started at the back. Brian had an incredible start and got the lead immediately and with some of the GT3 between us, I didn't get the chance to catch up. But in Adenauer-Forst he made a mistake and went off a bit so I could pass him. Then I thought he was chasing me because I saw a red car in my mirror so I started defending fiercely until on Kesselchen he passed me. It turned out to be Richard in a red Nissan. Richard, I'm sorry for holding you up unnecessary:notworthy:.
After that my gap to Brian increased slowly to about 15s when he and Tim made their pitstop. I did the same one lap later (no tyre change) but after that the gap was much bigger so I suppose they made some mistakes. I could hold my pace until the last two laps when my fronts we're below 60 and I got more understeer. In the last lap also my rear tyres were worn and I got snap oversteer in some corners. My lap times dropped with 3second but at the end the gap to Brian was about a minute so I guess they had troubles also.

For those who struggle with the GT3 would be my advice to go for the GT4 a couple of events. The car is easier to drive and has fewer setup options so you can better judge the effect of changing them.

Aremberg got me early on, well the left hander into it. I went from 2 to 14 seconds behind you. Last I seen of your porsche. Struggled with concentration from 30 minutes on. Just lots of small errors, well small because damage was off and i didn't spin. All those 5 seconds add up. Towards the end I was trying to push really hard to get the fastest GT4 lap, but didn't manage that either.. I just crashed even more! Learned a bit more about the track so it's all good. The section between the karousells is still a mystery to me !

I was about a minute behind you at least Han in the end. Your pace was 3 or 4 seconds a lap and I had a few offs with locking the brakes, two of which I ended up facing backwards and lost loads of time. I was a long way behind by that point anyway.

My incident count was 14 on SGP which is the highest I have had for ages, thankfully that was hitting scenery rather than other drivers! I agree about the GT4, thats why I use it. Setup still eludes me a bit and there are limited things to tinker with. I am going to persevere with the Maserati until I learn how to use brakes properly but I found the Porsche a much easier car to drive so definitely recommend that one to anybody stepping up a class from Wednesday.

I have never raced Bathurst, looks another challenging one!

I was about a minute behind you at least Han in the end. Your pace was 3 or 4 seconds a lap and I had a few offs with locking the brakes, two of which I ended up facing backwards and lost loads of time. I was a long way behind by that point anyway.

My incident count was 14 on SGP which is the highest I have had for ages, thankfully that was hitting scenery rather than other drivers! I agree about the GT4, thats why I use it. Setup still eludes me a bit and there are limited things to tinker with. I am going to persevere with the Maserati until I learn how to use brakes properly but I found the Porsche a much easier car to drive so definitely recommend that one to anybody stepping up a class from Wednesday.

I have never raced Bathurst, looks another challenging one!
I did some practice laps with the MX5 on Bathurst for the Wednesday event and after that I did a few laps the GT4 there.
What you are saying about the learning opportunity from the Maserati for braking, that goes for the Cayman for tyre management. I was really burning the front tyres on Bathurst in the middle sector at first. Wouldn't have finished the race without tyre change that way. I tried some different approaches and without losing (much) pace the wear decreased dramatically.
I've never seen this effect so strong with other cars. So I think that both GT4's are very good cars for optimizing your drive style on these aspects.
I'll stick to the Porsche now for the same reason as you stay with the Maserati. Later I will switch to that car to improve my braking!

I'm grateful to Brian that he added the GT4 class to the Sunday events.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back