AC GT Multiclass @ Bathurst - Sunday 17th October 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
OK Brian, you have sold it to me, I have switched to the Massa, that's a fair number of GT3 to GT4's now! :)

First thing I ever sold!

It will be interesting to hear how you find it. I run the bmw on the edge of low abs and aero so found it a similar drive. There are so many setup possibilities with a GT3 car it could be a very different balance from one person to another!

First thing I ever sold!

It will be interesting to hear how you find it. I run the bmw on the edge of low abs and aero so found it a similar drive. There are so many setup possibilities with a GT3 car it could be a very different balance from one person to another!
I will give it a go Brian , I normally have the ABS and wing up quite a bit on the Z4 so the Massa may be a different story for me. Early practice is promising though, if I can just moderate the brakes I think I may get the hang of it, Han's lap times round here are verging on Alien though, I couldn't get a lap in the Porsche without smacking into some serious Aussie concrete!:redface::confused::confused:

I popped on the server last night and everyone was posting Alien laps in comparison to where I was :confused: . Without the confidence to smash the brakes I was struggling. I jumped into Ernie's Cayman and watched a couple of laps. Was a bit better after that as I picked up a few hints, still over a second off that pace though. I toned the braking force down to 88% in the Massa and that has helped a lot as per Brian's advice. Its really thirsty but the tyres never gave me a problem. The only one I can get green is RF and that is only through locking it at Forest Elbow every lap (crewchief kindly reminds of that every time). Maybe that will be the strategy against the porsche, I had to change them when I ran that in Barcelona but not on the Maserati at the Nordschleife.

I popped on the server last night and everyone was posting Alien laps in comparison to where I was :confused: . Without the confidence to smash the brakes I was struggling. I jumped into Ernie's Cayman and watched a couple of laps. Was a bit better after that as I picked up a few hints, still over a second off that pace though. I toned the braking force down to 88% in the Massa and that has helped a lot as per Brian's advice. Its really thirsty but the tyres never gave me a problem. The only one I can get green is RF and that is only through locking it at Forest Elbow every lap (crewchief kindly reminds of that every time). Maybe that will be the strategy against the porsche, I had to change them when I ran that in Barcelona but not on the Maserati at the Nordschleife.

I never read too much into the hotlaps from the practice server! You never know what sort of risks folks are taking on a track like this! The porkers should definitely run out of tyres if they one stop it, so the maser should be able to put some late pressure on them provided they stay out of trouble... I looked in realtime at nords that I was faster than han at the end even though his fastest lap was 2 or 3 seconds faster than me.

Did you the setup from post 4 here? I think there is even more braking performance to be had from the suspension than that setup, I only had a quick 30 minute bash at it. I'm not sure at what point it will start to make the car slower overall. The way you can turn it with the throttle I have a feeling you can go super stable on braking setup but still get it to rotate in the mid corner with a bit of power and gain some time.

Last edited:
Switched to the 911 again... I just really love that car and am getting better with it. Still not quite sure on the setup, this track seems to handle softs well as long as I don't spin... Which is tricky with some of the kerbs!

Trying to figure out the suspension now, the hilly bit could probably do with a soft suspensions. Any strong idea's on this by anyone?

The downhill section seem to require a soft suspension alright. I'd be surprised if you don't eventually start to burn up the softs as you find more pace.

I never read too much into the hotlaps from the practice server! You never know what sort of risks folks are taking on a track like this! The porkers should definitely run out of tyres if they one stop it, so the maser should be able to put some late pressure on them provided they stay out of trouble... I looked in realtime at nords that I was faster than han at the end even though his fastest lap was 2 or 3 seconds faster than me.

Did you the setup from post 4 here? I think there is even more braking performance to be had from the suspension than that setup, I only had a quick 30 minute bash at it. I'm not sure at what point it will start to make the car slower overall. The way you can turn it with the throttle I have a feeling you can go super stable on braking setup but still get it to rotate in the mid corner with a bit of power and gain some time.
No, I missed the setup post. Will give it a try and see what it feels like. Thanks :thumbsup:

I used your base set up Brian for my first serious try out in the Maserati, worked really well thanks, but I think there is more to come as you said with some suspension tweaks, maybe more weight transfer to the front would help the locking brakes?

I used your base set up Brian for my first serious try out in the Maserati, worked really well thanks, but I think there is more to come as you said with some suspension tweaks, maybe more weight transfer to the front would help the locking brakes?

I think so paul ye. Next think in my list to have a mess with.

Apparently I have scared some guys with my laptimes. But let me assure you that I drove those times in a way that it was eating my front tyres. Went from 93% to 86% in one lap! No way I can do the race that way without tyre change. So I was practicing for better tyre management without slowing down too much. Still need more practice for a race without tyre change but I think I'm getting there.

Apparently I have scared some guys with my laptimes. But let me assure you that I drove those times in a way that it was eating my front tyres. Went from 93% to 86% in one lap! No way I can do the race that way without tyre change. So I was practicing for better tyre management without slowing down too much. Still need more practice for a race without tyre change but I think I'm getting there.
Don’t try too hard Han, just do a three stop strategy to give the rest of us a chance! :D:p

Just been on the server, trying tyre wear out for the Porsche, I seem to have no problem with overheating, the tyres should last for the 18 laps.
Admittedly pace will drop off after that but should still be okay even then. :)
Must be my driving style then....:(

I would think that softs here are going to be very difficult Casper, there is so much to go wrong here in every lap.
I think it is more difficult to get a reasonable lap here than the Nords.
Let me know how you get on, any slight mistake will send the softs into the Red immediately, making it very difficult for the next 5 or 6 corners, depending were the error was.
If you can lap the 911 here with softs I will take my hat off to you.:D:D

I’m impressed that you can even lap here on softs.

It's actually really fine, did about 10 laps without issues, you do overheat when you spin though, other then that they just get properly green and cool down a lot on the long straights. The fronts never get up to temp though. With mediums it all just stays cold. With softs I can push sub 2:12 now and I can see a 2:10 in that.

With mediums I could try and get some more heat in them via a setup I suppose.

It is always good to be proved wrong, you always learn from that.

That's true, though I am far from qualified when it comes to this and perhaps I am simply not pushing the car enough. Gave the lambo a go this morning but I didn't mesh with it at all. I gotta say I love the Z4 on this track, improved my time by 1.5 seconds on the third lap in the beamer already...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 79 12.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 58 9.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 65 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 38 6.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 91 14.4%