AC GT Multiclass @ Bathurst - Sunday 17th October 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
...Race report!

Great to get the win in GT4, I think it's actually the first RD race I've won, now that i think of it.

I started off slow and steady and continued in that pattern for an hour. Had a couple of wobbly moments and close calls but it was a quiet race by bathurst standards! That combined with nearly everyone else having their mountain horrors done the job!
I had one perfect lap to rival the pace of the porkers, generally though i was a good second slower.

I couldn't believe I was in P2 by turn 2. Had to confirm with han on the mic that he was P1! Crew cheif was no help. "You're in P13 Brian, plenty of time to get into this" Up onto the mountain Han unfortunately came out of a side by side with a gt3 badly through the triple parks and I nipped past, thinking it would be a very brief stint in the lead. @HF2000 then collected the wall out of forests elbow and i had a kind of comfortable lead. Strangely about 4 GT3 cars caught up to me over the next bunch of laps, making that lead less comfortable. You can't have one eye on the mirror with this track i learned over the hour.

About 30 minutes in ernie caught me. Faster in the straight too maybe!? We went side by side into the conrad kink. I tried to stay in lane around the outside. Not sure if i came in or ernie slipped out.. either way i went to the desert. Thanks for waiting @Kek700, even though you couldn't see me.. I didn't think you would do it so i had already committed to having to take the corner. There was no turning back!
We both limped into the pits together.
Luckily my 1 litre strategy gave me enough of a cushion from ernie to get to the end in front, just about. So many races with ernie this year we see little of each other until the last few laps when it gets to within 2, 3 seconds or less!

Congrats to chris for the GT3 win, both podiums and just anyone who finished this mad race!

See you all next week :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back