AC GT Multiclass @ Barcelona Moto - Sunday 3rd October 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Thanks Brian, I thought that worked really well. Shame there not a few more in the GT4. As per usual I couldn't get my fastest lap in qualifying, started 2nd but didn't anticipate how much we would be amongst the GT3s in the first few corners, got out of position into Seat and Chris sent it down the inside. Something happened to Han and I ended up in 2nd again but Chris had a bit too much pace so I just tried to keep consistent and hold my position. It was working until thr last few laps, then with Brian breathing down my neck I ran wide and he took the opportunity. I went a bit on tilt after that and could no longer keep up with you Brian!. A couple of hairy moments with GT3s passing through la caixa but otherwise a drama free race. Congratulations Chris and Chris.

Well that was a turn up for the book, more than happy with my place in the race, then something happened to Patrick, what I do not know.
A, for me , very intense race trying my best to stop the fast charging Patrick from getting by.
The race end was my saviour, phew:O_o:
I did learn something new, it was Demitry who said it, although I did agree, once your tyres are in the yellow especially on a circuit like this your performance is gone, I never realized how much the Nissan relays on it’s grip from the softs.:unsure:
On most circuits it is the grunt, even with yellow tyres you are still there about with your lap time.

Thankyou Patrick for not taking advantage of the GT4 in those corners, hope one day to return the compliment.:)

Did not have to worry about Chris, loooooong gone.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
Cheers Brian @Interslice for the organisation, seemed like everyone liked the combination.
Bit shocked how fast in a straight line the GT4 cars were:confused:

Last edited:
I enjoyed that race! A sweaty one! Very happy to get P2 as I spun twice in banc sabadell and ran out of fuel coming into the last corner!

Had a nice early battle with @Programmer_Rich to settle into it before spending the next 40 minutes trying to catch @Fiberoptix and @Chris Simpson in P1 and P2. Luckily Tim had a big wobble in wurth so I could sneak by near the end. GT4 Chris was unfortunately a bridge to far... I gave it everything but wasn't making much ground in his 6 second lead. Ended up fuel saving the last lap to luckily free wheel it home just ahead if Tim. Exiting stuff as I wasn't quite sure where the finish line was! My pace was improving as the race went on but so was my fuel consumption!

Thanks to all who entered. Hope everyone enjoyed it and congrats to team Chris and the podiums!

Well, once more an interesting race. Messed up qualy not getting a clean lap together, could have done a high 1.42 but messed it in the last corner taking too much inside kerb.
Once again my good start did not pay out....never intended to go for P2 but Patrick and Ernies start was not the best and so I was already little bit in front on P2 but on the very right hand side. As Patrick stayed on the middle of track I had to go to the veeeeery right in first corner to avoid a contact. Touched the kerb which is not that good in The McLaren I guess and spun to the right, joining the very back of the field. Now the "fun" began, regaining positions. Was actually very happy to be in P5 after 4 laps again. After that race was a little bit lonely, had about the same pace as Ernie so its a shame I was that far off.
Could close the gap to Ernie and Patrick a little bit which kept me motivated.
Sorry @HF2000 Han for contact whilst lapping you in last third of the race, you went to the very left so I thought I could go for the the inside. Tried to back off to avoid contact but didnt work. Glad you didnt spun completely. After that I was too far off of Ernie and Patrick so I just brought it home. Was on softs on 50/50 strategy, softs were actually ok after each stint.
Actually I am ok with my pace and having made no major driving error. Great racing fun part for me was to get to P4 pretty fast after being very last after turn 1.
Congrats to podium anf thx for organizing.
cu next time.

Last edited:
Bit shocked how fast in a straight line the GT4 cars were:confused:

Ha ye i spoke to Han about this the other day. I thought it would make things interesting. I hope it did.. There is still the same 10 second-ish gap that you have with the audi&mx5 races but the GT3 advantage over a GT4 is more in the all round package so a different approach is needed. It's probably less of a beginner friendly dynamic as you can't just burn past on the corner exit having not lost a huge amount of any time on the corner. More traditional overtakes required with this event!

Ha ye i spoke to Han about this the other day. I thought it would make things interesting. I hope it did.. There is still the same 10 second-ish gap that you have with the audi&mx5 races but the GT3 advantage over a GT4 is more in the all round package so a different approach is needed. It's probably less of a beginner friendly dynamic as you can't just burn past on the corner exit having not lost a huge amount of any time on the corner. More traditional overtakes required with this event!
Well, apart from my own race being a total disaster I think the experiment GT3/GT4 is succesful. It brought more dynamic to the race. And the GT4 is with it's limited setup options a good step up from the Audi/Mazda events.
So I would like to continue the GT3/GT4 events on Sunday. I will join the class with the fewest participants.

I couldn't get on with the massarati. Kept locking the brakes and just no pace. Didn't feel like I could attack any corner as it understeered off. Tried lowering ride height and moving brake bias but I don't know where to start with setup changes.

You guys talk about working on the setup but I don't have a clue where to start. My wheel isn't the best and I don't think I gives me much feedback to any changes I make. Looking to get a CSL DD soon so I'd hope that help.

Quite frustrating plodding around at the back a few seconds off the pace. Fortunately it doesn't happen that often.

I couldn't get on with the massarati. Kept locking the brakes and just no pace. Didn't feel like I could attack any corner as it understeered off. Tried lowering ride height and moving brake bias but I don't know where to start with setup changes.

You guys talk about working on the setup but I don't have a clue where to start. My wheel isn't the best and I don't think I gives me much feedback to any changes I make. Looking to get a CSL DD soon so I'd hope that help.

Quite frustrating plodding around at the back a few seconds off the pace. Fortunately it doesn't happen that often.
You are not alone there with setup Colin :( . It is why I chose the GT4 and also tend to use the MX5 in the other events as its a bit closer to a fixed setup race which is ideal for me. I don't know much about what to change really either so I stick to tyres, aero and gearing (2 of which didn't matter in the GT4).

You are not alone there with setup Colin :( . It is why I chose the GT4 and also tend to use the MX5 in the other events as its a bit closer to a fixed setup race which is ideal for me. I don't know much about what to change really either so I stick to tyres, aero and gearing (2 of which didn't matter in the GT4).
Curious why you choose the Porsche. Did you try the Massarati? I was even slower in the Porsche!

Personally I stuck with the default setup minus some tyre pressure adjustments and that was it, ready to race for me. I did try a few adjustments - but it didn't work out, mainly ARB and spring changes to counter some turn in under steer and corner exit over steer, but unfortunately the changes didn't improve my lap times so I chose to stick with the default setup by the time qualification came around.

We had a nice little battle around the start of lap 1 there Tim, I was hoping you might of tried to stick to the outside of me through Seat but fair play to you for backing out as there was room under braking to make some ground on the cars in front. I panicked a little after my pit stop thinking "maybe Tim will just do a 'splash and dash' pit stop near the end" as I think if you were looking after the tyres that could of worked. But I guess we both chose to change tyres and refuel a moderate amount so our strategies weren't too different.

Personally I stuck with the default setup minus some tyre pressure adjustments and that was it, ready to race for me. I did try a few adjustments - but it didn't work out, mainly ARB and spring changes to counter some turn in under steer and corner exit over steer, but unfortunately the changes didn't improve my lap times so I chose to stick with the default setup by the time qualification came around.

We had a nice little battle around the start of lap 1 there Tim, I was hoping you might of tried to stick to the outside of me through Seat but fair play to you for backing out as there was room under braking to make some ground on the cars in front. I panicked a little after my pit stop thinking "maybe Tim will just do a 'splash and dash' pit stop near the end" as I think if you were looking after the tyres that could of worked. But I guess we both chose to change tyres and refuel a moderate amount so our strategies weren't too different.
So you both in the Porsche also changed tyres like I did.
Brian in the Maserati told me that he didn't changed tyres and that his lowest tyre was at 65 at the end.
My left front was about 60 halfway. How were your tyres?

Yeah, I had 2 strategies lined up one with and one without. My front left was quite worn and at the last minute I decided to change them, with hindsight I don't think I should have done as my lap times were not suffering and the time to change was probably longer than I would have lost in pace. That said Brian was faster than me on his worn tyres at the end anyway!

So you both in the Porsche also changed tyres like I did.
Brian in the Maserati told me that he didn't changed tyres and that his lowest tyre was at 65 at the end.
My left front was about 60 halfway. How were your tyres?
My left front dropped into well into the yellow on the ProTyres app just before my planned pit stop and at the end of the race too. I think if I hadn't of changed tyres it could of been rather dicey towards the end as to whether I would of made a mistake or not.

I think Brian done the right thing by gambling on not taking tyres in the Maserati, it definitely paid off for him.

All in all I think the time I lost on the extra pit length for tyres, I made up for with a set of fresh ones. Or at the very least, kept my consistency high.

jOTlQjV.png

My left front dropped into well into the yellow on the ProTyres app just before my planned pit stop and at the end of the race too. I think if I hadn't of changed tyres it could of been rather dicey towards the end as to whether I would of made a mistake or not.

I think Brian done the right thing by gambling on not taking tyres in the Maserati, it definitely paid off for him.

All in all I think the time I lost on the extra pit length for tyres, I made up for with a set of fresh ones. Or at the very least, kept my consistency high.

jOTlQjV.png

I was concerned the tyre thing it might effect the balance between the 2 cars, but the option was there for no change for the Porsche. Considering it's one of the toughest tracks on tyres, I don't think it's an issue going forward lucky enough. There is no TC or ABS on the Maser and other variables mixed into the whole balance between them.. No clutch on the Maserati either oddly enough.

I reduced the brake power down to 90 and it seemed to help with the brakes at least. I put a note about it in the thread for next week's event.

@Casper de Wit
How did the 911 go, did you bother with the setup or stuck with your own,
kept an eye out for you in the race, apart from everyone's first corner bad luck you
seemed to be doing fine.
I had a really easy race, due to Thomas first corner spin, which I was happy with, sorry Thomas, little did I know Patrick was to do the same and ironically left me with a lot of stressful laps.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

How did the 911 go, did you bother with the setup or stuck with your own,

Used your setup but reduced TC and ABS to 1(ABS was on 8 IIRC) and used it with medium tyres. Pre-quali I ran a few laps with the setup with both mediums and hards and just had a lot more grip with the mediums.

Did a qualify that I was really happy with, 1:45 which was my fastest lap up to that point. The car felt really good with room to push. I know the corners where I can shave off at the minimum another second with this setup!

The race itself went good in general too. Had a slow start but the barcelona T1 saved me(reminded me a little of this years 4hr of Catalunya) and I ended up in 5th position. I started pushing towards Paul Fairweather but he had a much better pace and slowly started getting away from me. I pushed the car too far on a corner I only really managed to nail later on in the race and span off. I joined back on at the back of the GT3 pack and started attacking Richard Edward which happened quickly enough, I still had plenty of tire to push with. Next up I managed to attack and pass Steve Hayward.

Not much happened from that point onwards since I was on a 1-stop no tire change strategy. Not sure when but I ended up in front of Hans Peter Grasshoff in the McLaren. Defended for a little while but he got past me. Then ran off track just before the Holland corner so I was about to pass him when he made contact on track re-entry and we both span out. Unfortunately this cooked my rear left tyre and I just didn't have grip anymore.

At one point I was convinced both Richard and Steve were gaining at me at high speed but it was just the race lead and nr 2.

Chris Down at some point came up to pass me, with Hans Peter just close behind as we were busy racing. I lifted off and made some space and then Chris decided to briefly pretend to be a public lobby race and whipped up a lovely dust cloud. We went side by side for a bit which worked for exactly neither of us followed by him quickly disappearing in the horizon.

I think you can see his passing at 1:12:00 in his video on page 3 of this thread :)

Anyway, it was a lot of fun, loved the setup but will probably change tyres next time or try hards. I would love to know how you came to this setup when it comes to suspension. I really don't understand why you changed the value's that you did but it works really well!

jOTlQjV.png
Yes, can become very interesting in future events with the tyre strategy. Next week on the Nordschleife the Porsche drivers probably can do without a tyre change also.
Used your setup but reduced TC and ABS to 1(ABS was on 8 IIRC) and used it with medium tyres. Pre-quali I ran a few laps with the setup with both mediums and hards and just had a lot more grip with the mediums.

Did a qualify that I was really happy with, 1:45 which was my fastest lap up to that point. The car felt really good with room to push. I know the corners where I can shave off at the minimum another second with this setup!

The race itself went good in general too. Had a slow start but the barcelona T1 saved me(reminded me a little of this years 4hr of Catalunya) and I ended up in 5th position. I started pushing towards Paul Fairweather but he had a much better pace and slowly started getting away from me. I pushed the car too far on a corner I only really managed to nail later on in the race and span off. I joined back on at the back of the GT3 pack and started attacking Richard Edward which happened quickly enough, I still had plenty of tire to push with. Next up I managed to attack and pass Steve Hayward.

Not much happened from that point onwards since I was on a 1-stop no tire change strategy. Not sure when but I ended up in front of Hans Peter Grasshoff in the McLaren. Defended for a little while but he got past me. Then ran off track just before the Holland corner so I was about to pass him when he made contact on track re-entry and we both span out. Unfortunately this cooked my rear left tyre and I just didn't have grip anymore.

At one point I was convinced both Richard and Steve were gaining at me at high speed but it was just the race lead and nr 2.

Chris Down at some point came up to pass me, with Hans Peter just close behind as we were busy racing. I lifted off and made some space and then Chris decided to briefly pretend to be a public lobby race and whipped up a lovely dust cloud. We went side by side for a bit which worked for exactly neither of us followed by him quickly disappearing in the horizon.

I think you can see his passing at 1:12:00 in his video on page 3 of this thread :)

Anyway, it was a lot of fun, loved the setup but will probably change tyres next time or try hards. I would love to know how you came to this setup when it comes to suspension. I really don't understand why you changed the value's that you did but it works really well!
Casper, you do know that with TC and ABS the values are reversed from what you expect. ABS = 1 is the max ABS you can drive with. Same goes for TC: the higher the number, the later it activates.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 360 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 180 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.2%