AC GT Multiclass @ Barcelona Moto - Sunday 3rd October 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Chris thank you for the insight. I haven't really tried many of the other sims for long but I have driven a lot of cars (not a Gt3) and AC seems pretty realistic to me as a computer sim could be. I questioned the statement Frank as it seemed a bit sweeping for a game that is so popular amongst serious simmers.

Brakes are a good example of reality, my pedals are very close in feel to most hydraulic systems I have tried, I can even make them replicate the single-seaters I have owned.
As I am particularly useless with this braking thing in our sim world, just one drive in my road car puts it immediately into perspective.
Using the varying G force, pedal feel and the visual degradation of the cars speed to judge it.
With AC I have the pedal feel, I have the visual change in speed ( still not quite the same as the real world, but close ) the G force is the one that I really miss.
Because of that, I have to almost imagine the effect of breaking, this is what makes the difference between us, some are better able to feel it in their heads.
There are people on our forum that are just so good at it. that is why you can never start talking about how realistic sim racing in AC is or is not. There are different skill sets being applied.

But I get a sneaking suspicion that if we all turned up at a GT3 race and drove our respective cars for real, not much would change, but there undoubtedly be some surprises.:O_o:

But I am quite happy to give up certain, realistic appendages, in a swap for a lot of advantages a sim racing gives you.

As Chris said this is all very well known and documented, so I see little point in saying the above.

But as I like nothing more than to pointlessly waffle on, just could not miss this opportunity
unnamed.jpg

A fools errand I am on, but I switched to the 911... The McLaren just felt like it wanted to J-hook me on every single kerb. I took the 911 out on a spin just to see if I felt more in control and I just kept shaving off half a second lap after lap just warming up the medium tyres.

We all know how it usually ends up for me half way through the race, but we'll see. Just vibing a lot more with the rear engined cars on this track I suppose. Perhaps it's also because I have been throwing the Pressario's Garage Porknose RD-1 around on this track which is a ton of fun given how snappy it drives!

@Casper de Wit
i have somewhere a setup for the 911 I used with hards, I can post it if you want.:)

I really like the 911, it is not a car I can jump in and drive, it requires a good deal of work.
i have used it to Reasonable effect in the past. I just cannot devote the time myself to driving it.
maybe one day I will just for the challenge.
it has many advantages if you become proficient at it.
flys out of corners, best fuel economy, good speed, great turn in and you can run it effectively on mediums. ( once I raced it on hards and a 1 litre fuel stop reasonably effectively in one race )

it also has some notable disadvantages, cooks it’s soft with ease, need to run a lot of rear wing, I think you need a completely differing mind set to drive it. ( I have no such problem in ACC driving their 911 )

i think that it may be possible to find a way around Both of those with driving and some clever setups.
not sure you will ever be able to get around the soft’s issue.

The main problem, this is just me trying to remember, is that running on mediums tyres You cannot get a good balance front to back between tyre temps.
So you have good rear grip Ratio of pressures and temps, poor front grip with good pressures and low temp’s, very blue fronts.
Softs you have very good front end and red tyres at the back, it is a pity that you cannot put mediums on the rear and softs on the front.:)

@Casper de Wit
I have a setup for you, just tried it in Barcelona, loads of time left in the car, but safe is the way I went.
It is still a bit tricky but I never came off, just ran wide, and of course, kerbs are a nightmare.
The car was very well balanced and if I did make a mistake the car always drifted in a neutral way, even when I got it on the kerbs, as long as you expect it and hence come off the throttle a bit.

It is a dream to drive, just love this car; need to put a lot of effort into learning to drive it and refine its setup, if only just to trim some of its rough edges.
#It is almost as quick as Patrick's car by the end of the straight.:)

Attachments

• 1-43-0.8 barcelona.ini
    1.7 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
It does not bother me one bit Frank, I like it when someone brings up a subject, we learn nothing in silence, it is healthy to speak your mind and say what you think.
Done politely it does no harm at all, I have quite often learnt more by putting my foot in it than I ever have playing the say nothing wallflower. :)

Thanks everyone for the fantastic race, congrats to the podiums! A double team Chris win with @Chris Spencer, thanks to all of the Chrises back at the factory for their hard work.

The first time I've ever seen red tyre wear on mediums on a 60 minute race. That was... really sketchy towards the last quarter of the race.

Here are the simresults for those who like that sort of thing: https://simresults.net/211003-Zu4

My VR onboard:

And a fresh new WR for the track for those interested :) The old WR here was really strong, this took some time.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years