AC GT Multiclass @ Barcelona Moto - Sunday 3rd October 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Used your setup but reduced TC and ABS to 1(ABS was on 8 IIRC) and used it with medium tyres. Pre-quali I ran a few laps with the setup with both mediums and hards and just had a lot more grip with the mediums.

Did a qualify that I was really happy with, 1:45 which was my fastest lap up to that point. The car felt really good with room to push. I know the corners where I can shave off at the minimum another second with this setup!

The race itself went good in general too. Had a slow start but the barcelona T1 saved me(reminded me a little of this years 4hr of Catalunya) and I ended up in 5th position. I started pushing towards Paul Fairweather but he had a much better pace and slowly started getting away from me. I pushed the car too far on a corner I only really managed to nail later on in the race and span off. I joined back on at the back of the GT3 pack and started attacking Richard Edward which happened quickly enough, I still had plenty of tire to push with. Next up I managed to attack and pass Steve Hayward.

Not much happened from that point onwards since I was on a 1-stop no tire change strategy. Not sure when but I ended up in front of Hans Peter Grasshoff in the McLaren. Defended for a little while but he got past me. Then ran off track just before the Holland corner so I was about to pass him when he made contact on track re-entry and we both span out. Unfortunately this cooked my rear left tyre and I just didn't have grip anymore.

At one point I was convinced both Richard and Steve were gaining at me at high speed but it was just the race lead and nr 2.

Chris Down at some point came up to pass me, with Hans Peter just close behind as we were busy racing. I lifted off and made some space and then Chris decided to briefly pretend to be a public lobby race and whipped up a lovely dust cloud. We went side by side for a bit which worked for exactly neither of us followed by him quickly disappearing in the horizon.

I think you can see his passing at 1:12:00 in his video on page 3 of this thread :)

Anyway, it was a lot of fun, loved the setup but will probably change tyres next time or try hards. I would love to know how you came to this setup when it comes to suspension. I really don't understand why you changed the value's that you did but it works really well!
I thought you were going well early on Casper, the 911 seemed to be working on the first three laps and you were pushing me. Once I got my tyres working I could open up a gap and from then on had a quiet race with only Thomas getting by as the McClaren was much better in the turns.
I was super cautious with the GT 4 boys, they had enough corner speed to make me stay behind and they had a surprising amount of straight line speed too. Tempted to try one next weekend............

Casper, you do know that with TC and ABS the values are reversed from what you expect. ABS = 1 is the max ABS you can drive with. Same goes for TC: the higher the number, the later it activates.
Nope, because I only know it from ACC :roflmao:

That explains a lot that I thought was a bit weird...

I thought you were going well early on Casper, the 911 seemed to be working on the first three laps and you were pushing me.
Yeah I definitely had a few corners that I had the advantage on you, but overall you felt faster and I definitely didn't want to push those advantages and accidentally take us both out!

Last edited:
@Casper de Wit

just had a sneak view of your race, your spin was interesting. I am not sure if this is correct.
You used too much brake, maybe to compensate for what looked like a missed apex, then the car got itself into all kinds of stability issues as you tried to sort it all out, in the end, it was probably going to go from the off.
The brakes from the angle you were trying to correct just destabilised the car.

The Porsche wants you to get on the throttle as soon and as hard as you can, there is no dancing about as with a mid-engined car.
Just to say, I looked at my replay with the Porsche, I do not use the brakes at all on that bend, and if I do it is just for the initial turn, then when I am off the throttle it is when the car is pointing virtually straight at the apex.

if I do lift mid-corner, it is intentional to help it turn, but as I am doing this I am ready to hit the throttle as soon as it starts to turns enough; I am on the throttle as soon as possible, small amounts initially at first and then flat to the floor.

If you start to mess with the Porsche, it is gone, and nothing you can do about it.

Hope you do not mind me poking my nose in.

OIP (1000).jpg

Hope you do not mind me poking my nose in.

Nope, love it! That sort of advice helps me a ton with improving. I've been braking through that corner, often times struggling to keep control because nobody else does! I try and create some turn in with a bit of braking but it upsets the Porsche as I have demonstrated many a times! Going to give it another go with just a bit of lift in that corner. Cheers so much Ernie!

Nope, love it! That sort of advice helps me a ton with improving. I've been braking through that corner, often times struggling to keep control because nobody else does! I try and create some turn in with a bit of braking but it upsets the Porsche as I have demonstrated many a times! Going to give it another go with just a bit of lift in that corner. Cheers so much Ernie!
I can see a new thread appearing soon............. Never mind Driver 61...........Learn with Ernie! Love it ! :D :D :D

I dropped out at the last because I had another poor qualifying, and just wasn't feeling it after that. I have enough difficulty qualifying when we have the full 20 minutes. I suppose I need to push myself more, and stress over performance less.
Frank,

I think you're taking all this too seriously. Try to enjoy the race wherever you start or whatever your lap times are.
Racing is the best way to get better, but only when you're having fun.
When I started racing online with these guys I was very nervous and overconcentrated. Usually I qualified well, but in the race I was always forced to defend, which was very stressful and forced me to make mistakes.
I then decided not to qualify for a few weeks and so to start last with low expectations. And because of that, I had a great time catching up and overtaking. It felt like I wasn't that bad at all and mostly ended up in midfield. And had a lot more fun than in the races where I qualified.
After a few weeks I gained so much confidence that I started qualifying again. I'm now at peace with the fact that the best thing for me is to be a midfielder and hit the podium once in a while if I'm lucky and no aliens are involved.

Basically what I'm saying is focus on having fun and your results will improve to the level you have in you.

Last edited:
@Goblin616
You should take note of what Han has just said, it was some years ago that I started to get despondent, at that time I was racing, we had a lot of Alien drivers on our race department online racing.
Two of the very fast Aliens joined up and raced as a pair in an endurance race, they entered a big race, there were two fields of 30 cars, that is 120 drivers. they very kindly let us all know that they could not get into the first 30 car split.
Now imagine that you were that quick and qualified 32 or so. :)

When the kids are starving and you cannot make ends meet with your racing career,

then worry.

OIP (600).jpg

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 98 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.1%