rF2 GT Multi-Class @ Bahrain - Wed 22nd Oct

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I was ready to go in the GTR but I was going to stop though for tyres and I did not think anybody else would. I switched at the last minute to the Vette as Gronvalls was gonna be driving around by himself, and I knew I had a set for the Vette that I could drive hard for an hour from an endurance race I did here in the Vette in the past.

That was a waste of time, as I did not realise the cars were equalised with weight so I should have just stayed in the GTR. The set for the Vette felt dreadful, but I stuck with it as I knew we was pumping in good race pace with that set in the endurance race. The gears seemed awful though!

Race was horrible or me, I should have just quit out but didn't want to. Very demoralising, every minute was miserable.

I realised too late, that set I loaded, was for the SimHQ Vette which is modded ISI vette, but the sets are not compatible so that's why the gears and set in general was so messed up. I was not even getting out of 5th at the end of the straight FFS.

Disappointing turn out, no reason not to have decent turnout with these cars and track. I have not done many of these club races before, maybe 1 or 2, they used to be quite well attended until quite recently I think, it's disappointing. Don't really want to play anything other than RF2, the multplayer is dead as a dodo though :(

Thanks to organisers.

I think the problem was the race start time, the GSCE race started the same time and there was more drivers so more drivers came there, participation breeds participation. I wanted to race here but racing against 20 other players is more fun than racing against 4.
Also it wasn't clear if this is a multiclass race or the same class with weight penalties on some cars.
Also for a real multiclass race there is not enough drivers here, at least not for a 4class multiclass. 2 classes might work.
On a sidenote I don't think the track was really attractive either.
Unfortunately (from the participation standpoint :p) this is not Assetto Corsa.

Most of the people who attend these races are most likely on league servers practising for upcoming races. There is currently two RF2 leagues being run here, FR3.5 and VSC2 and there are other leagues being run elsewhere. I imagine that numbers will pick up again after the RD run leagues have finished and the bigger weekend races resume.

Most of the people who attend these races are most likely on league servers practising for upcoming races. There is currently two RF2 leagues being run here, FR3.5 and VSC2 and there are other leagues being run elsewhere. I imagine that numbers will pick up again after the RD run leagues have finished and the bigger weekend races resume.
Thats true, I should practice for 2 diffrent leauges both racing next week and have zero prep until now, but still decided to do it as I wanted to test the weight penalties.

@Bela Valko I hated the track in the F1 car, but in GT cars I fell in love with it as it provides extremely good racing and it is even fun to drive in GT cars :)

I wanted to race here but racing against 20 other players is more fun than racing against 4.

Unfortunately (from the participation standpoint :p) this is not Assetto Corsa.

Indeed, Not only here at RD but there are some big rF2 leagues started almost at the same time.
So even if we host a 1,5hour GT3 race on an available Friday or Saturday. There would be less intrest.

But never the less, an events with 4-8 people can be more fun then a full grid. Club races are for Fun, clean racing and good sports :). In big grids those elements are often forgotten. :(

And indeed this is not AC :p: The guys could add some weight penalty to even each other out and they had a nice drive beyond sunset with the last laps on a nice lighted track. ;)

It was a great race yesterday. Had not too much practice and struggled with the setup. David was so kind to provide me a setup and he gave me some great setup tips because I was struggling with the braking for the last turn.

In the race I made a pretty bad error in the first laps and went off-track. After rejoining I was 6-8 seconds behind the others. Luckily the GTR was fast enough to catch up.

Because David made a pitstop and I wasn't sure if we said that the GTR's have a mandatory pitstop so I decided to pit anway. My tires were good enough to finish the race.

Again, great race, thanks for the help and see soon on track

We had a lot of fun. I love RF2 and would rather support the races in RF2.
As Frederic said this track in GT cars is very nice
We had a great VWEC race at Bahrain and IMO the cars are better now than they were then.

We wanted to explore the notion that running a GT race on an upcoming League track (VSWR 3.5) might be tempting for a bit of "cross training", same track different car. I for one needed a break from the FR 3.5 @ Bahain yesterday.
Its a tricky one the attitude that if there are more drivers in another race Ill miss this one as it can mean that a race with potential to have 8 drivers becomes a race with 3 drivers when 2 quit and 3 don't sign up for the same reason.
Ive had some of the most interesting races in RF2 with tiny grids:
Ferrari 458 Challenge 5 drivers at Nurburgring.
Spec Miata at Croft 5 drivers.
and this one.
Each time I learn something new. This time out had fun racing the other guys.

hey, talking about the multi-class GTs, I have an interrogation that I want to discuss with you guys.
I think this tread is a good place to talk about it :)

When ISI updated the GTs not so long ago, I jumped into a race with the IA at sebring including all the GTs.
at that time, it was not possible to change the Engine Package for the Corvette, so all IA had 2009 engine.

And it looked like the GT3 camaro were as fast as the GT2 with 2009 engine.

I never really tried with human driver, but I am wondering if that the same thing with human drivers.
If that's the case, it could do a great combo for a league with more then just one car in GT2 using ISI cars.

What do you think ?

We have done this GT2-GT3 combo.
It really depends on the track you choose. A short twisty track is in favor of the GT3. Long straights are in favor of the GT2.

Palmbeach is a track were both cars can win. (Most went with the GT3 that day)

I don't what will happen if pits stops are involved...

If you want do a league with these cars, you should chose the tracks wisely.

Click here

We had a lot of fun. I love RF2 and would rather support the races in RF2.
As Frederic said this track in GT cars is very nice
We had a great VWEC race at Bahrain and IMO the cars are better now than they were then.

We wanted to explore the notion that running a GT race on an upcoming League track (VSWR 3.5) might be tempting for a bit of "cross training", same track different car. I for one needed a break from the FR 3.5 @ Bahain yesterday.
Its a tricky one the attitude that if there are more drivers in another race Ill miss this one as it can mean that a race with potential to have 8 drivers becomes a race with 3 drivers when 2 quit and 3 don't sign up for the same reason.
Ive had some of the most interesting races in RF2 with tiny grids:
Ferrari 458 Challenge 5 drivers at Nurburgring.
Spec Miata at Croft 5 drivers.
and this one.
Each time I learn something new. This time out had fun racing the other guys.

I know what you mean, I've had some really good races with a grid of 5 on here. I thought I'd give gsce a bash. It was pretty good to be fair

hey, talking about the multi-class GTs, I have an interrogation that I want to discuss with you guys.
I think this tread is a good place to talk about it :)

When ISI updated the GTs not so long ago, I jumped into a race with the IA at sebring including all the GTs.
at that time, it was not possible to change the Engine Package for the Corvette, so all IA had 2009 engine.

And it looked like the GT3 camaro were as fast as the GT2 with 2009 engine.

I never really tried with human driver, but I am wondering if that the same thing with human drivers.
If that's the case, it could do a great combo for a league with more then just one car in GT2 using ISI cars.

What do you think ?
There is not a big diffrence between the 2009 and 2010 engine on most tracks. I compared both and my laptimes where nearly the same, but it is harder to get the power down in the 2009 engine with all the torque, which gives you great momentum exiting the corners, but has less top end on the straights. I think most drivers will take a bit longer to get up to speed in the 2009 version. You could equal out the GT3 and GT2 with a bit of weight. I drove the Corvette at Bahrain with 120kg of weight and 75L of fuel of course it was slower, but still driveable. Easiest thing in a club or leauge race would be to give the 2010 Corvette 60kg of weight, 30kg to the 2009 Corvette and none to the Camaro and after qualy you could re adjust the weight of the cars. I havent compared the GT3 and GT2 a lot, but now with the manual blipping required in the Corvette it is a bit more difficult than the GT3, so over a race distance with a bit of weight they could be very close together.

If you put in the GT1 with full weight (255kg) it could be possible as well on tighter tracks. At Bahrain with the 255kg GT1 and the 120kg GT2 the GT1 was still a lot faster due to the amount of power, but the GT2 could keep up in the corners, but a very fast driver would be still to quick in a 255kg GT1 compared to a GT3, but you never know :D

@Frederic Schornstein
has been suggesting weight penalties for a while now but I confess I didn't know how easy it is to do in game.
I reckon for club racing it shows great potential to close up the field.
As well as allowing drivers to choose GT2 or GT3 when you ask very fast guys to carry a little more weight the "improving drivers" like me:redface: get to mix it with the fastest for longer and work on race craft and just have more fun.
IMO that beats circulating half a lap down thinking "wow they are fast, how do they do it " or "gee I am slow".
This race showed how much fun can be had with such a formula.
We did it for 2 seasons in RD Xbox F1. We called it Pro AM. There simply allocated the F1 cars in historic performance vs equal performance. If needed we would also create a time gap in the formation lap. There were weeks where 80% of the grid were in the same sector on the final lap.

@Frederic Schornstein
has been suggesting weight penalties for a while now but I confess I didn't know how easy it is to do in game.
I reckon for club racing it shows great potential to close up the field.
As well as allowing drivers to choose GT2 or GT3 when you ask very fast guys to carry a little more weight the "improving drivers" like me:redface: get to mix it with the fastest for longer and work on race craft and just have more fun.
IMO that beats circulating half a lap down thinking "wow they are fast, how do they do it " or "gee I am slow".
This race showed how much fun can be had with such a formula.
We did it for 2 seasons in RD Xbox F1. We called it Pro AM. There simply allocated the F1 cars in historic performance vs equal performance. If needed we would also create a time gap in the formation lap. There were weeks where 80% of the grid were in the same sector on the final lap.
Yes, when done correctly it can provide great racing and club races with less than 10 drivers can be dull when everyone is split on pace or like in multi class events everyone wants his favorite car etc. These races are all about fun for me and I definetely had that.
With a bigger fuel tank the ISI Megane would be a match for the GT3 as well especially on tracks with high speed corners.

I think a good baseline for club races would be to equal the cars to each other before qualy:
GT2 2010: 60kg
GT2 2009: 30kg
GT3: 0kg
(ISI Megane: 0kg)

and after qualy add 10kg per 0.1 of a second to the baseline weight per car with a maximum of 150kg or maybe 200kg for the GT2 2010. That could bring the field closely together.

I think we need more gt class club races...the Palm beach events we had the other month were alot of fun, the ferrari challenge race @ loch drummond was also very good. The top 4 separated by 1 sec

I think we need more gt class club races...the Palm beach events we had the other month were alot of fun, the ferrari challenge race @ loch drummond was also very good. The top 4 separated by 1 sec
I dont run the club section at all, but sometimes chat with @Gijs van Elderen who does. The more popular they are (drivers on the grid:whistling:) the more often they will happen I dare say.

We ran FR 3.5 last night. As it dovetails nicely into the league with half a ready made grid due to ppl practicing anyway, then some new drivers. We had 17 drivers race and people asking when is the next race. That got the staff talking and now there will probably be a VSC2 type club race.

We have yet to step on a club formula for GT that gets the interest /numbers so far since the remarkable Laguna Seca and Bathurst in BES 1.0 GT3.
I am a big fan of the ISI GT cars but it needs about 15-20 big fans.
Maybe its a synergy with a current league that's needed.
The VSC2 type Club Races will include the ISI Corvette but will require the URD GTs too.
Ill probably do any of them I can make but in the ISI Vette for some variety and my favourite the Nissan GTR GT1 wont be eligible (or will it????????????????:))

I dont run the club section at all, but sometimes chat with @Gijs van Elderen who does. The more popular they are (drivers on the grid:whistling:) the more often they will happen I dare say.

We ran FR 3.5 last night. As it dovetails nicely into the league with half a ready made grid due to ppl practicing anyway, then some new drivers. We had 17 drivers race and people asking when is the next race. That got the staff talking and now there will probably be a VSC2 type club race.

We have yet to step on a club formula for GT that gets the interest /numbers so far since the remarkable Laguna Seca and Bathurst in BES 1.0 GT3.
I am a big fan of the ISI GT cars but it needs about 15-20 big fans.
Maybe its a synergy with a current league that's needed.
The VSC2 type Club Races will include the ISI Corvette but will require the URD GTs too.
Ill probably do any of them I can make but in the ISI Vette for some variety and my favourite the Nissan GTR GT1 wont be eligible (or will it????????????????:))
Really interesting discussion guys

Maybe the next club race should be with isi gt2 and gt3
Of course if the hours of the race fit my time zone (it could be on a Saturday or a Sunday too) I will gladly join and ask my teammate if they can join too!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 278 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 188 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 190 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 139 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 248 13.5%