rF2 GT Multi-Class @ Bahrain - Wed 22nd Oct

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Hate to do this lads but seeing as there are only the 4 of us and I'm racing with you tmrw night I think I'm gonna try the GSCE club race tonight! Soz to bail on ya :(
Its a shame Steve as you pulling out then left 3 confirmed.
But with a maybe from Matt Horst and one other fresh signup we are at 4-6 now.

does this Club races are sometimes at a friendlier time for people in Canada/USA ?

for me it's always at 15h on weekday when I am working :)

I would like to join an event like that, but I am never able due to the time :(
We have a voting in the premium area regarding club race time. The problem is for a lot of drivers in europe (like me) qualy start is already 21:20, so the races end around 22:30.

@Gijs van Elderen Maybe you could add an US time slot to the club race thread and everyone posts, if he uses the EU or US timeslot. The server is running anyway and people could vote. Would be a very low tech solution, but I fear there are not a lot of US drivers out there, but why not give it a try?
Anything later would definetely not work well for the EU drivers.

We have a voting in the premium area regarding club race time. The problem is for a lot of drivers in europe (like me) qualy start is already 21:20, so the races end around 22:30.

@Gijs van Elderen Maybe we could add an US time slot to the club race thread and everyone posts, if he uses the EU or US timeslot. The server is running anyway and people could vote. Would be a very low tech solution, but I fear there are not a lot of US drivers out there, but why not give it a try?
Anything later would definetely not work well for the EU drivers.

yeah I understand...
maybe someday the race will come on a day where I am not working :)

Very fun race today only with 5 drivers. We tried out the weight penalties and had a mixed GT1 and GT2 grid. In the end the GT1 were a bit faster, but really great racing.

As promised I did a highlights video, which ended up 17min long :confused:
I am testing a new upload way it will take some time so probably you can watch it in the morning or late at night :D

So video is not working yet, but should do in a few hours:

Well it was a bit of an experiment.
We had only 5 drivers in 2 car classes so Fred suggested we use the weight penalties.
Very easy to apply in the lobby.
After Quali we applied
David O'R GT1 255kg
Fabio GT1 200kg
Frederic GT2 120 kg
David G GT2 120 kg
Steve GT2 120 kg
The result much closer racing!
Steve was not asked to take a weight penalty like the aliens but insisted on the same treatment.

The GT2s jumped the GT1 at the start but within 3 laps the GT1s were through.
At about lap 12 Fabio (using a "customer spec" setup from David who retained the "full FJR factory spec" for himself:whistling: closed and passed David O'R (both GT1).
We had 12 sec on the GT2s but my tyres were in dire straights soon after and at lap 15, they were not going to catch Fabio so I decided to have some fun and pitted for rubber.
Both GT2s passed me while I pitted. On rejoin I had 18 sec gap but started pulling 2 sec a lap.
Got David G with a 2 laps to go.
Final lap chasing Freddy, final sector closed on him and got him by about 1 meter at the line!
Ill post a photo.

Great stuff. Thanks all.

With a small grid it made for an exciting race. Thanks all.

Well it was a bit of an experiment.
We had only 5 drivers in 2 car classes so Fred suggested we use the weight penalties.
Very easy to apply in the lobby.
After Quali we applied
David O'R GT1 255kg
Fabio GT1 200kg
Frederic GT2 120 kg
David G GT2 120 kg
Steve GT2 120 kg
The result much closer racing!
Steve was not asked to take a weight penalty like the aliens but insisted on the same treatment.

The GT2s jumped the GT1 at the start but within 3 laps the GT1s were through.
At about lap 12 Fabio (using a "customer spec" setup from David who retained the "full FJR factory spec" for himself:whistling: closed and passed David O'R (both GT1).
We had 12 sec on the GT2s but my tyres were in dire straights soon after and at lap 15, they were not going to catch Fabio so I decided to have some fun and pitted for rubber.
Both GT2s passed me while I pitted. On rejoin I had 18 sec gap but started pulling 2 sec a lap.
Got David G with a 2 laps to go.
Final lap chasing Freddy, final sector closed on him and got him by about 1 meter at the line!
Ill post a photo.

Great stuff. Thanks all.

With a small grid it made for an exciting race. Thanks all.
Yes, was really fun. The video upload unfortunately failed and it was a lot closer at the line. Like 20cm or so :D Next time we give the GT1's 250kg and the GT2's 0 kg :D

Yes, was really fun. The video upload unfortunately failed and it was a lot closer at the line. Like 20cm or so :D Next time we give the GT1's 250kg and the GT2's 0 kg :D
You reckon 20cm needs -120kg;)
255-120 = 135
Maybe GT2 zero
GT1 150kg.

Whatever we do we have tried a fun new angle.

I was just happy to be more competitive than in the VWEC in the GT1.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 71 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 380 39.7%