RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

sorry guys
was i to fast? :)
made a pb during the race
1:17.8
it was fun...even if i was up front, handling the car already puts a smile on my face :)
the first lap was intense with Sam trying to put me on second...and he almost succeeded :)
during the race i spun twice, but still almost no damage....
and best of all.....2nd place was a lap down because of fuel
finished the race with 2 liters in car.....or enough to make a burnout in front of the start finish at the end

tnx guys....it was great fun :)

Well not such a good race for me...

Qualied third and managed to overtake Sam who made some minor errors during the first two laps, so thing were looking good.
Until in lap 7 the back of the car broke out in the second to last corner sendiing me head first into a wall.
End of story.

Hope you guys had fun, these camaro's are wicked....
Grats to Christopher who was outpacing us all.

Thanks to Yves and RD for setting this up.
See you all next time.

no practice = no control = kill car into pit wall :(

yer a poet Nigel :D

Stuck it out tonight & got lots of practice at being lapped :(
... drove a bit rubbish tbh, but have a bad back and was getting tingling in my hand & fingers from early on ... so will use that as my lame excuse for it 2nite :laugh:

Screwed up on first lap ... Gary came down inside and braked a bit earlier than I was expecting ... clicked a bit quick on the gears and ended up getting squirrely - managed to hold it, but had to run straight on at chicane leaving me dead last.

After that, reeled in Michael and Nigel, got past Nigel, had a good few laps behind Michael then when I did get past, forgot that I needed to pit and so missed pit entry with only half a lap of fuel on board - which resulted in me anchoring on like a loonie and doing a very dodgy drive back up start finish straight to get into pits :shocked:

Managed not to get DQ, but lost a lot of time to Michael and then that was basically that as he disappeared some 40 secs up the road and everyone else bailed or crashed behind me ... spent the rest of the race and a long ass time on my own - over an hour (where is the sleepy smiley?)

Lost splitter from a silly mistake (looking at pit menu instead of road :doh:), so had to change entire pit stop strategy, which meant that Chris and front boys did lots of lapping, and then me unlapping, lapping, me unlapping ... :D
... and I ended up doing one more pit than I wanted to :nono:

Good driving at the front, except Christophe who can't tell left and right :p :lol:

Thx for the event RD ... will try to practice and do better next time :wave:

sorry guys
was i to fast? :)
:deadhorse: oh no, not at all... :D

I had a great race, really like the Camaro (on this track). Started fourth but lost one position coming up to T1. The race looked promising as we were five cars in close battle for the first two laps, but unfortunately some of you fell of the pace :brick:

As Christopher was so damn fast, I focused on keeping my second place position. The Simpson brothers pushed hard behind me, but for the first half of the race I managed to keep a healthy gap of about 10 seconds. I felt in control and relaxed :ranger:

Then, after my second pit stop, the Simpsons started to gain on me and forced me to start to push. Despite my efforts I lost about 0.3 seconds per lap. If it hadn't been for the required pit stops I would have lost out to Sam and Eck. Fierce pace guys, rrreschpeccctttt :yo:

Sam was really determined to hunt me down, and after my third pit stop he was right on my tail. I tried to fend him off, but quickly realized how futile it was - I decided to pit instead to get on another sequence than him.

With about 15 minutes left of the race, Christopher in front with Sam and me in second and third, I glanced at my fuel meter... :scared:No way in :censored: I'm going to make it to the finishing line without refueling :frusty: Damn it, I'm not going to catch Sam!

With about 5 minutes left on the clock I rolled in to the pits for a quick splash 'n dash, I only took about 20 L onboard and hastely rejoined the race - still in third... (un)fortunately Sam ran out of fuel on the second to last lap... I finished the race as :second:

As a final note, we need more American muscle races in the Camaro! How about a 1 hour race at Mid Ohio?
:wave:
Kind regards,
Karl

• Andrew Evans

top post links are now fixed - all files available on the rd server :)

server is up and running following todays wee slice o' downtime... enjoy!

• Andrew Evans

server is up for testing... new track so please give it a whirl... haveta say i LOVE it in these cars... :becky:

also - there seems to be a problem with auto-pit (i had the same thing ruin my le mans race)... if you're gonna run this session i strongly advise auto-pit off if you don't wanna get blanked by your crew :thumb:

edit: just saw neils response :D

• Neil Gardner

Name on RD forum: Neil Gardner
Name in game: Neil Gardner
Your Country: NZ
Control: G25
Car: BMW e90
Special remarks: Never really got to grips with this track, but it's not a concrete canyon - so I'm in!!!

USA Time zone event

Please take note that this is a GTR-EVO event and that you will need STCC the game.

628037STCC_Camaro_flyer.jpg

Welcome USA time some event.

This race is primarily aimed towards our members in the United-states, Canada, and South America so the race times are set for that zone. However, we welcome entrants from other timezones who would like to race at this time and help us to maximize our starting grid.The only thing we ask is that priority be given to US/Canada and south american members since they often don't get the opportunity to race other events.

For this event, we will use the Camaro on Miller Motorsports Park ( long ) track

Signups will close 1Hr before the Practice start time

Event details
Game: GTR-EVO
Date: Sunday November 2th 2008
Server: RACEDEPARTMENT USA
Car: Camaro
Skins: custom skin allowed
Circuit: Miller Motorsports Park (long) click here

Password: click here

Event schedule ( GMT time )
Practice: 9:00 PM EST, 30 minutes ( Monday 1:00 GMT )
Qualifying: 9:30 PM EST, superpole 15 minutes( Monday 1:30 GMT )
Race: 9:45 PM EST, 1 hour ( Monday 1:45 GMT )
Laps: 1H15

Server settings
Allowed driving aids: Auto clutch/auto gears
Weather: Dry
Failures: Normal
Start: Standing

Please use the following format for sign up:

Name on RD forum:
Name in game:
Your Country:

Sign-up:

*** Prepared to step aside to make room for US/Canada members if needed.

1. William yunck
2. Marcel vd Aa
3. Timothy Miller
4. Rafael Barbosa
5. Yves Larose
6. Keith Barrick
7. Michael Herrmann

Reserve

Important to read

Please read this

due to numerous pillup at T1 on lap1 in all racing club event i will ask everybody to be more cautious at T1. i will also remind you all the code of conduct of RD about contact.

1. all contact must be avoided, if it happen the driver that have hit or you think it was your fault and caused the other to spin or to go off track must slow down safely and let the other driver regain his place. if it involve you loosing a few places by doing so consider that as your penality.

2. when hitting someone an apology is in place, either by saying sorry by the way of quick chat or after the race in the chat.

3. in chat RD will not tolerate not respecting a fellow driver and will kick the offended driver and might even get ban from the racing club.

those rules are there so everybody can enjoy their racing experience in a clean, fair and friendly environment.

happy racing Yves ( racing club staff )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 84 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 60 9.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 67 10.2%
  • < 4 years