GT Masters 2021

Guys,

does anybody of you follow and watch the German GT Masters GT3 championship this year?

Last year there was an international stream on YouTube on the ADAC channel. This year a different TV service provider has taken over an the YouTube broadcast is gone.

Do you watch in German language on TV Now, is there an international broadcast I don't know of or did you lose interest in this format (if you ever had any)?

Cheers, Rob

Hey
I use to watch it still this year. The new tv deal has not helped following it I must say. I am from Germany, but am not at home every race weekend. So I need a replay. Indeed right now it is a struggle, as the TV NOW stream can't be replayed (can it?).
https://www.nitro-tv.de/cms/eigenformate/adac-gt-masters/videos.html does not provide full races I think.
For English commentary: Maybe they needed to save on that...

The "better" tv deal is not great I say. Especially no support races on live tv. Maybe someone else will reply with more information.

Regards
Andi

Hey
I use to watch it still this year. The new tv deal has not helped following it I must say. I am from Germany, but am not at home every race weekend. So I need a replay. Indeed right now it is a struggle, as the TV NOW stream can't be replayed (can it?).
https://www.nitro-tv.de/cms/eigenformate/adac-gt-masters/videos.html does not provide full races I think.
For English commentary: Maybe they needed to save on that...

The "better" tv deal is not great I say. Especially no support races on live tv. Maybe someone else will reply with more information.

Regards
Andi
Thanks for the feedback Andi,

I cannot access TV Now with my computer or smartphone for some reason. It just wouldn't let me play any videos. Hence I cannot comment on your question. Also my TV does not offer an App for the platform so practically I don't even know what TV Now really offers. Not a great start.

For the first two races I used the ADAC Motorsport website for the live stream of qualifying. The ADAC website does not store the replay of the qualifying unfortunately, so you either watch it live or you're screwed.

Nitro TV is the worst in terms of advertising during the race. It is amazing how much of the race action you can miss out on during a 5 minute ad break....:thumbsdown:
Cannot say I am too fond of the German commentary as well.

All in all ... a disaster for the motorsport fan.
Kind of a joke they call themselves "International German GT Championship". :roflmao:

Thanks for the feedback Andi,

I cannot access TV Now with my computer or smartphone for some reason. It just wouldn't let me play any videos. Hence I cannot comment on your question. Also my TV does not offer an App for the platform so practically I don't even know what TV Now really offers. Not a great start.

For the first two races I used the ADAC Motorsport website for the live stream of qualifying. The ADAC website does not store the replay of the qualifying unfortunately, so you either watch it live or you're screwed.

Nitro TV is the worst in terms of advertising during the race. It is amazing how much of the race action you can miss out on during a 5 minute ad break....:thumbsdown:
Cannot say I am too fond of the German commentary as well.

All in all ... a disaster for the motorsport fan.
Kind of a joke they call themselves "International German GT Championship". :roflmao:
RTL Nitro is pretty bad. Tried watching some of the 24h Nür on it when my internet connection had a hickup, but the (even more) clueless commentators and mostly the, dunno how to call it, "violent presentation" made me turn it off fast.

Cheers @AccAkut .

My thoughts exactly! Fortunately there was a YouTube Stream for the N24. Commentary was also better compared to RTL Nitro.

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a second choice for GT Masters.

@all:
I haven't seen a list of international Broadcast Stations, so I assume it is not aired outside of Germany?
Any of you potential international viewers have a hint?
So far I'm beginning to think this format is not too popular amongst international motorsport enthusiasts ....

Thanks again! Rob.

Cheers! That should help a few people. Still a sub-par broadcasting setup tho. :geek:
Indeed...you get what you pay for...and less sometimes. Checkout today live action on the internet / utube. Of course, the new DTM is a pale shadow of it's glorious past ( not the last two or three years, but several years back...) Today, it is just another, maybe slightly more aggressive, Sprint variant of the FIA GT3 WCS.... OK, one big difference is there though...DTM is one car - one driver...not a team of drivers on the same car.....But, Gerhard had to find a way to let DTM survive and get at least some support ftom manufacturers. Granted that he managed to do it against strong odds and despite more then unfavourable environmental conditions....safe the planet and Covid, to name the most prominent one.
I foresee a great future for DTM...in Sim-Racing...as it could provide a slightly different set of rules and pushing more a format like in F1. So people can identify themselves more with Heroes and teams then in all the other, more complicated to follow, GT3 formats.....

Indeed...you get what you pay for...and less sometimes. Checkout today live action on the internet / utube. Of course, the new DTM is a pale shadow of it's glorious past ( not the last two or three years, but several years back...) Today, it is just another, maybe slightly more aggressive, Sprint variant of the FIA GT3 WCS.... OK, one big difference is there though...DTM is one car - one driver...not a team of drivers on the same car.....But, Gerhard had to find a way to let DTM survive and get at least some support ftom manufacturers. Granted that he managed to do it against strong odds and despite more then unfavourable environmental conditions....safe the planet and Covid, to name the most prominent one.
I foresee a great future for DTM...in Sim-Racing...as it could provide a slightly different set of rules and pushing more a format like in F1. So people can identify themselves more with Heroes and teams then in all the other, more complicated to follow, GT3 formats.....
And DTM has a certainly better broadcasting strategy. I could re-stream the whole race(s) via the DTM channel on YouTube just after the live stream. This is a service I came to expect these days.

ServusTV Mediathek didn't work for me. Again, a proprietary solution which does not deliver. I tried several browsers yesterday. Al I got was a "oops, something went wrong" notification....

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back