GT Legends

Hi all.
What a good day it is when i see that there is a convrsion of GT Legends for Evo. I seriously love these historic cars and will be racing this as much as possible. Here is linky:
http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=14332&page=1

Please check that there is also a link on that page for the update.
Dont click on Download for V1.1 Read and you shall find the link. As far as i know this mod should be fine cause its Simbin into Simbin.

Request for admin: What about a series running these babies. Would be magical :worship:

Cheers

its not bad. COnsidering you can pick up a copy of GTL delivered to the door for around £10 I opted for that option as have many others. I don't know how that equates to the local currency there but its cheap here.

I seriously doubt this mod will ever be considered here, for 2 reasons

1). GTL as mentioned is extremely cheap and way better than this mod.

2). The creator of this mod hasnt made too many friends in the last 12months in the Sim Racing scene, and certainly didnt make any friends around here.

1). GTL as mentioned is extremely cheap and way better than this mod.

I disagree with you there. Evo has slightly better graphics, better physics, and other features like rain that you benefit from when driving these cars in Evo. The cars handle the same, except from maybe slightly different tyre behaviour due to Evos newer tyre model.

And in Evo cars don't go flying into the air when they crash, which was a problem with GTL's physics engine I believe.

I think your second point is the main reason.

In terms of physics etc, it all comes down to personal preference.
Both games have their strengths and weaknesses, and I believe the GTR Evo GTL mod is ok, but not as good as the original GTL. However, I have loved the driving model of GTL from the very first time I drove it. To me, the FFB and physics is superb. The EVO mod is ok too, but I have a personal preference for the original game, it just feels so right for these older cars. In terms of graphics, the mod uses the same models ported over from GTL, so I don't see any anything different. Both are good though. The mod does still have a few minor bugs to be sorted though.

In terms of RD hosting events in the EVO GTL mod, I don't foresee it. We currently host GTL here, and using the mod doesn't offer much more, and may result in reduced numbers in both events. More importantly, Nigel's point 2 is very relevant. In fact, rather than "not making friends here", he is now publically and incorrectly, attempting to smear the reputation of Racedepartment and some of its main staff.

In terms of graphics, the mod uses the same models ported over from GTL, so I don't see any anything different.

Well the cars themselves still look good. And the Simbin tracks in Evo sure look better than the GTL ones.

But I can see that you guys and the mod creator have some issues with each other, so it's understandable that you would keep your distance.

GTL is my fav simbin game of all time, i love the old cars, and i'm more then pleased to see it added to EVO, in fact im more then pleased to have GTL & GTR2 added under the EVO hood, i've uninstalled both standalone games now, and just use EVO. I hope that more peeps take the same approch in the future, then we might see some EVO GTL/GTR2 servers going up.

For me having my fav sim's all under one hood, is tops.

It is a fantastic game and i personaly love it. Just a shame that there is no cortina GTs in it as my dad used to race a cortina GT and on occasions used to show up the lotus's in the class above!
so if only i could replicate it on the game.
however, great mod and great game.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 157 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 299 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing