Is there any tutorial here on RD how to prepare, step by step, first skin to GTL? If not can you reccomend me any? And what software do I need to start my learning on it?
To follow on from Stuart's post on the Bik file
- To create the *.bik files (the videos that show on the car selection screen) you'll need the RAD Video Tool http://www.radgametools.com/bnkdown.htm
- I do it very simple.
- -grab a screenshot
- -crop and resize to 268*156
- -Open RAD Video Tool
- -Open the picture and click Bink it! I just go with default settings in the settings window that pops up My Bik file is labelled like this for the healey : 68_SIM_GTC_3000.bik
- I use Gimp 2,8 and this is what i do to create a tga file
- take a picture of you car
- use the template for the icon. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/115891207/Trainer_SIM_GTC_ICON.xcf
- cut out the picture of the car like shown in the template and replace with your cut out car pic do this with a orange background and a a grey background.. one picture of you car is enough,
- Add your number of the car
- Merge the vissable layers, and tick clipped to bottom layer, and tick discard invissable layers and export. then reduce in size to 70x66 when you are ready to export to gtl.. save as a tga
- label them like this or as needed (car number)_SIM_GTC_(model)IconDisabled.tga My healey looks like this 68_SIM_GTC_3000IconDisabled .tga and the orange one looks like 68_SIM_GTC_3000Icon .tga