GT Legends on latest Windows 10

Hello , i have just had major problem trying to install my old GT Legends on the latest win10 . it would not allow me into my computer due to a file authentication certificate problem , I went in on safe mode , uninstalled GT Legends and i deleted 3 files dated 2005 from windows sys32/driver folder and all is ok again with my computer , Do you have a fix for this problem i would love to run this game again . Many thanks Nick !

because you've got the disc version which is starforce protected and this copy protection is no more compatible "as is" with modern windows. Nevertheless there is a solution , download GTL 10th Anniversary PATCH and follow EXACTLY the tutorial here "for disc version" :

Many thanks i will give it a go over christmas , sf files were three i deleted .... i go to the download tab but cant see how to download the patch .. does the advert in the centre of the screen at the bottom hide the download accept ? I'm new here today .. Nick ..

Alternatively if you have your online code (on the back of the manual on the European version) you can also get a free copy of GTL on Steam which runs on Win 10.

From the "games" menu at the top of Steam - go to "activate a product on steam". Use the online code (without the separating dashes if I remember correctly).

Thanks dave , i did try steam about 10 years ago on a different computer , I would like to try the standalone version i have first if anyone can guide me in downloading the patch .. i click on the link and a bar appears at the bottom but the centre where the text is is overlaid by an advert window .

Recently (1 month ago), RD has modified the download system to help to pay servers bills : now you need to (at least temporary) allow cookies with 3rd party and ads too on download page. Personnally I use adblock plus but I let "acceptable ads" ON and I can download without issue.
If it still doesn't work then make a screenshot capture of the black screen with dots and post it below : I am sure @Bram Hengeveld can help you :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 80 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 58 9.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 65 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 38 6.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 91 14.4%