GT Legends on latest Windows 10

Clan1040

1RPM
Dec 15, 2019
Hello , i have just had major problem trying to install my old GT Legends on the latest win10 . it would not allow me into my computer due to a file authentication certificate problem , I went in on safe mode , uninstalled GT Legends and i deleted 3 files dated 2005 from windows sys32/driver folder and all is ok again with my computer , Do you have a fix for this problem i would love to run this game again . Many thanks Nick !

GTR233

500RPM
Jun 3, 2018
because you've got the disc version which is starforce protected and this copy protection is no more compatible "as is" with modern windows. Nevertheless there is a solution , download GTL 10th Anniversary PATCH and follow EXACTLY the tutorial here "for disc version" :

Reactions: Shovas

Clan1040

1RPM
Dec 15, 2019
Many thanks i will give it a go over christmas , sf files were three i deleted .... i go to the download tab but cant see how to download the patch .. does the advert in the centre of the screen at the bottom hide the download accept ? I'm new here today .. Nick ..

David Wright

1000RPM
Sep 27, 2009
Alternatively if you have your online code (on the back of the manual on the European version) you can also get a free copy of GTL on Steam which runs on Win 10.

From the "games" menu at the top of Steam - go to "activate a product on steam". Use the online code (without the separating dashes if I remember correctly).

Reactions: Clan1040 and GTR233

Clan1040

1RPM
Dec 15, 2019
Thanks dave , i did try steam about 10 years ago on a different computer , I would like to try the standalone version i have first if anyone can guide me in downloading the patch .. i click on the link and a bar appears at the bottom but the centre where the text is is overlaid by an advert window .

GTR233

500RPM
Jun 3, 2018
Recently (1 month ago), RD has modified the download system to help to pay servers bills : now you need to (at least temporary) allow cookies with 3rd party and ads too on download page. Personnally I use adblock plus but I let "acceptable ads" ON and I can download without issue.
If it still doesn't work then make a screenshot capture of the black screen with dots and post it below : I am sure @Bram Hengeveld can help you :)