GT Legends Movies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just stumbled across this ... its a team redline training video on how to run the Nordschleife and do an 8:15 in a Porsche 906
Driver: Greger Huttu (hope you don't mind me posting this up dude?) ...
Sim: GTL

Might be good for anyone wanting to check or find the right lines (in preparation?) of GTR Evo hitting their PC ... personally I don't need it 'cos I am already "Der König der Grünen Hölle" :pound::rolleyes: :doh:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xst9IFL8ivg[/ame]http://www.youtube.com/v/xst9IFL8ivg&hl=en&fs=1

Nope I'm afraid that's not the one, Tim. That seems a very old predecessor to the mod we used in the club

The Boss 302 Mustang series that was run very succesfully by Carlos Diaz earlier this year in here the GTL Club, used version 1.2 of a mod called "1969 Boss 302 Mustang Trans-Am for GT Legends" by Big Ron and Team21

It is still the latest version and can be downloaded here: http://www.gtr4u.de/dl/69_Boss302_Mustang_V1.2.rar

Well, if you are going to post a vid with the boss 302, I am going to have to post one with the Cougar!
(I may have a better quality one up on youtube at some point, but xfire will have to do for now)

Not my best driving in general, but oh well. At least I stayed on the track.
Make sure to hit the fullscreen button at the bottom-right of the vid, I recorded it at 1280x720! (my display is 2560x1440 native, setting fraps and other recorders to 1280x720 seems just fine as it is half size but still big enough)

Hiroshi, I am going to one-up you with pro difficulty, manual trans&clutchless shifting.(no autoclutch) :p Blame Bob, he talked me into making the switch from heel&toe to clutchless&leftfootbraking. ;)

I was unable to resist and set another to upload overnight. Youtube this time.
You can see there was a bit too much excitement while going into some of the corners. :p
the max is 1280x720 again, for those who have fast connections and lots of bandwidth. :)

Ok, that is enough driver's pov on this track for now, I will try to upload something a bit more artsy-foofoo if I desire to post another.

As far as I am aware my FOV is default.. (but my camera pos gets slightly altered whenever I re-home my trackir)
According to the triangle calculator that guy linked to I should be using around 18 degrees with the distance that my U2711 is away from my eyes. but I really like being able to see things around me. Having a sense of speed is also important for my safety too. :p
I may try it at some point but not right now.

We set our FOV very close too. Even closer than Ian,but we like the simulated feeling of sitting in a real car. We play on a 32inch tv so it feels pretty awesome. Sometimes i connect my pc to our 50 inch plasma in our living room but that's a bit much lol!.

As far as I am aware my FOV is default.. (but my camera pos gets slightly altered whenever I re-home my trackir)
According to the triangle calculator that guy linked to I should be using around 18 degrees with the distance that my U2711 is away from my eyes. but I really like being able to see things around me. Having a sense of speed is also important for my safety too. :p
I may try it at some point but not right now.

Yeah, I find his system way too much for my single monitor setup as well, no need to go that far. Just wanted to mention it, thought you might find it interesting or useful.

Nice vid's guys! Looks like the muscle car fever has struck you boys..LOL
I think FOV indeed is a matter of preference and hardware. I switched from a single 24" to 3x 17" a while ago (Wanted 17-24-17"but that really looked like sh*t :eek::mad: ) and while a low FOV on my single screen made me feel like a horse with blinders, I just LOVE it on my triple setup.

Back on topic tho: Ian, I guess you recorded your whole 'live' race session and not a part of your replay?? I have never seen working gauges in a GTL movie before I think..:)

Both were recorded live. The only changes I made were concatenating the files that got split every 4GB and exporting to a different format. Nothing else was edited. (FRAPS is already set to record at half of my native res and to lock the FPS at 30 when recording)
You can see where I reach for the record key at the beginning and ends. :p

I see... Playback quality indeed is excellent now, but considering your connections data limit, maybe recording at something like 800x450 might save you quite some bandwith at acceptable quality??
You do know you can turn off these corner markers flashing in your face all the time if you want to, right? (In Options --> Realism)
Personally, I find these quite annoying and not very, well...., realistic either :p

:)

I twisted my right foot today getting out of our SUV so no throttle foot or driving for a while but gf has been driving on Alpine Hills quite a bit tonight. She knows it from Race07.

I gotta stop lettin her play too often, she'll become better than me! :mad: :D her Wii is barely used now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back