GT Legends HQ Anniversary PATCH part 1

Misc GT Legends HQ Anniversary PATCH part 1 15.6.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
GTR233 updated GT Legends 10th Anniversary PATCH with a new update entry:

GTL 10th Anniversary PATCH

GT Legends 10th Anniversary PATCH v10.1 by GTR233 and friends
-------------------------------------------------------------

This archive was compressed with 7-zip archiver v19.00 (update your archiver if it tells you that the archive is corrupted)
Archive size = 489 Mo
Archive MD5 checksum = d42bd11a7533de89df9767f694c91f53

Last Changelog
--------------
v10.1
- updated optional GT Legends HQ MOD to v10.1 : reworked tracks lighting with darker shadows and warmer colors
- updated GT Legends...

Read the rest of this update entry...

GT Legends 10th Anniversary PATCH

-------------------------------------------------------------------
| GT Legends 10th Anniversary PATCH v10.3 by GTR233 and friends |

ULTRA VERY IMPORTANT : READ "GTL 10th Anniversary PATCH_readme.txt" and follow EXACTLY the steps if you have never installed GTL 10th Anniversary PATCH...otherwise you will cry and post in forums "GTL CRASHED PLEASE HELP!" ...ANSWERS are here so PLEASE READ CAREFULLY THIS README.TXT +...

GT Legends 10th Anniversary Patch

GT Legends 10th Anniversary PATCH v10.3.1 by GTR233 and friends

ULTRA VERY IMPORTANT : READ "GTL 10th Anniversary PATCH_readme.txt" and follow EXACTLY the steps if you have never installed GTL 10th Anniversary PATCH...otherwise you will cry and post in forums "GTL CRASHED PLEASE HELP!" ...ANSWERS are here so PLEASE READ CAREFULLY THIS README.TXT + INSTALL.TXT BECAUSE THERE ARE MANY INFORMATIONS AND OPTIONS, IT IS QUITE COMPLEX FOR NEWBIES.

This archive was compressed with 7-zip archiver...

GT Legends HQ Anniversary PATCH

-----------------------------------------------------------------
| GT Legends HQ Anniversary PATCH v14.0 by GTR233 and friends |

ULTRA VERY IMPORTANT : READ "GTL HQ Anniversary PATCH_readme.txt" and follow EXACTLY the steps if you have never installed GTL HQ Anniversary PATCH...otherwise you will cry and post in forums "GTL CRASHED PLEASE HELP!" ...so PLEASE READ CAREFULLY THIS README.TXT + INSTALL.TXT BECAUSE THERE ARE...

GTR233 updated GT Legends HQ Anniversary PATCH with a new update entry:

HQ

| GT Legends HQ Anniversary PATCH v14.1 by GTR233 and friends |

ULTRA VERY IMPORTANT : READ "GTL HQ Anniversary PATCH_readme.txt" and follow EXACTLY the steps if you have never installed GTL HQ Anniversary PATCH...otherwise you will cry and post in forums "GTL CRASHED PLEASE HELP!" ...so PLEASE READ CAREFULLY THIS README.TXT + INSTALL.TXT BECAUSE THERE ARE...

I've looked at the cupstages file; spin recovery is only activated at "beginner" difficulty and opposite lock at "beginner" and "novice", which I never use.
I've tried your suggestion anyway, but as I expected it is not the remedy.

As I've mentioned, I only encounter this issue with the HQ Mod installed - with either the vanilla game or the standard 10th Anniversary Patch install it does not happen and if I uninstall the HQ Mod it stops happening as well.
As noted before, even simply starting and then immediately quitting GTL triggers the effect.
Setting the PLR file to "read only" is no solution, as the game removes that flag.

[EDIT]I think I've found out what the problem is; in the cupstages.cdb file in the HQ Mod several lines are missing under the "Assist" category in the various difficulties, namely "SteeringHelp", "ThrottleControl", "AntilockBrakes", "SpinRecovery" and "OppositeLock".
I've added these lines to all difficulty categories (copy/paste from the standard cupstages file in the 10th Anniversary Patch) and now the issue seems resolved - spin recovery and opposite lock stay at "0".

NB: these missing lines do exist under the "Digital Throttle Assist" and "Digital Steer Assist" categories, but I suspect those refer to keyboard inputs and apparently the entries need to be listed under "Assist" as well, otherwise the game will fall back to a vanilla state of "1" unless these functions are turned off in-game (and as far as I know there is no way to turn off opposite lock and spin recovery in-game).

THANK YOU! This was SO aggravating. I think it was fixed on GTR2 HQ Mods Collection but not here.

I can't imagine anybody higher than Beginner would want these crazy features.

I've attached my CupStates.CDB file to show how I fixed it.

Attachments

• CupStages_cdb.txt
    6.6 KB · Views: 135
Umma Gumma asked me to let default game files by default for people who play online so "out of the box" cupsatges file is the default simbin version with messed up settings but I fixed it in \OPTIONS\HQ MOD of course.

I understand the Power&Glory mod for GTR2 is a sustitute for GTL. Today allmost get the file. Then i find this. What i get with both options? If i choose GTL with the HQ patch, is the same with P&G? It's a better choice P&G just for the use of the GTR2 engine?

I understand the Power&Glory mod for GTR2 is a sustitute for GTL. Today allmost get the file. Then i find this. What i get with both options? If i choose GTL with the HQ patch, is the same with P&G? It's a better choice P&G just for the use of the GTR2 engine?
The simple explanation is the P & G mod represents the cars as they were physics and tyre wise.
GTL is more like a modern take on them. The HQ patch breathes new life into GTL and like P&G is a labour of love, and amazingly neither will cost you anything.

Last edited:
The simple explanation is the P & G mod represents the cars as they were physics and tyre wise.
GTL is more like a modern take on them. The HQ patch breathes new life into GTL and like P&G is a labour of love, and amazingly neither will cost you anything.
Just close GTL after a good sesion getting things right (like my Logitech 920), i need a HUD (does work with MOTEC???).
I'm really enjoy it, thanks to the autor of the mod, and thanks to you for your advice.
Great game, i get it 12 years ago but, for many reasons, never play with it. Buy it again a year ago in Steam. Today, At Last!
Great Job, GTR233! I'm gratefull
...and with a very big smile now.

Just close GTL after a good sesion getting things right (like my Logitech 920), i need a HUD (does work with MOTEC???).
I'm really enjoy it, thanks to the autor of the mod, and thanks to you for your advice.
Great game, i get it 12 years ago but, for many reasons, never play with it. I buyit again a year ago in Steam. Today, At Last!
Great Job, GTR233! I'm grateful

I don't know if you're aware that your wheel should be set at 240° for GTL and GTR2.
Yes, i do, but just install the PLGTL mod with the FFB option 1 and that is for 900° wheels. My first sesion was done with 240°, after breackfast i'll try the new settings. In GTR2 i preserve the original settings. (I apologies for my lousy english)

Last edited:
GTR233 updated GT Legends HQ Anniversary PATCH with a new update entry:

GT Legends HQ Anniversary PATCH

| GT Legends HQ Anniversary PATCH v14.5.0 by GTR233 and friends |

Archive size = 491 Mo
Archive MD5 hash = 6f779e8960940116ee33c792fcab6ee7

IMPORTANT :
- PLEASE READ BOTH "_GTL_HQ_Anniversary_PATCH_readme" and "_GTL_HQ_Anniversary_PATCH_install" !!!
- PLEASE RUN GTL_SETUP.BAT to set options like language !!!
- NO, THIS PATCH IS NOT PAYWARE ...

THANK YOU! This was SO aggravating. I think it was fixed on GTR2 HQ Mods Collection but not here.

I can't imagine anybody higher than Beginner would want these crazy features.

I've attached my CupStates.CDB file to show how I fixed it.

OMG this was driving me nuts! Tried changing the spin recovery to 0 in the PLR file but it would just go back to 1 after starting the game. It was almost unplayable in the free roam tracks, and there's not a lot of info with this issue online that I could find. But I tried this fix and was able to compare my Cupstages to the example you posted and walla!! Thank you so much Shovas and X-Vector!

OMG this was driving me nuts! Tried changing the spin recovery to 0 in the PLR file but it would just go back to 1 after starting the game. It was almost unplayable in the free roam tracks, and there's not a lot of info with this issue online that I could find. But I tried this fix and was able to compare my Cupstages to the example you posted and walla!! Thank you so much Shovas and X-Vector!
this fix is included in optional "hq patch" and not by default "out of the box" because umma gumma asked me to let game stock for people who play online with gtl leagues.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 277 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 402 40.0%