GT Legends HQ Anniversary PATCH part 1

Misc GT Legends HQ Anniversary PATCH part 1 15.6.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
fyi the Anni archives are packaged in such a way that it is technically possible to extract only the mods that you want @Spinelli

I've done it before where I extract it to a temp folder and look through the files and take out what I want.

Then I can pick and choose and use something like OOM to install each individually.

If it was like the GTR2 version, last time I installed you have to use 7zip to extract the first .7z file right into the GTR2 folder and then run GTR2_SETUP.CMD. Pick the options you want and then you're done. Run GTL.

I recommend making a dedicated Anni folder so that you don't mess up your main GTL folder.
OK, So I guess I should just simply extract / copy-&-paste the entire contents from Ann patch part 1 to the GTL install and overwrite all files.

What about for part 2? This is what part 2 looks like:
GTL.PNG

Do I also simply move all those part 2 files/folders to the GTL install just like with part 1?

Last edited:
fyi the Anni archives are packaged in such a way that it is technically possible to extract only the mods that you want @Spinelli

I've done it before where I extract it to a temp folder and look through the files and take out what I want.

Then I can pick and choose and use something like OOM to install each individually.
Are you talking about all the mods in the GTR233_SETUP folder such as below?
GTL2.PNG

If so then, yes, you can totally manually pick and choose each mod individually and manually and compare them to the vanilla install of GTL and use them with OOM or JSGME which is great, however, part 1 of the Ann patch is just a ton of game files (not specific mod folders like the pic above) so, when it comes to all those files, the user really has no idea what sorts of updates / fixes / add-ons / changes the ann patch is making.

Last edited:
If so then, yes, you can totally manually pick and choose each mod individually and manually and compare them to the vanilla install of GTL and use them with OOM or JSGME which is great, however, part 1 of the Ann patch is just a ton of game files (not specific mod folders like the pic above) so, when it comes to all those files, the user really has no idea what sorts of updates / fixes / add-ons / changes the ann patch is making.

That's true so that's why I've taken a look at the CMD file to see what it's doing. It's pretty basic. It's just copying files in and out of those folders depending on your choices.

...I've taken a look at the CMD file to see what it's doing. It's pretty basic. It's just copying files in and out of those folders depending on your choices.
That's fantastic so it's basically just like OOM / JSGME but a different method.

I'm also wondering about all the files in part 1 of the Ann. patch. It's not the mod folders/files like the pic in my previous post. All the files/folders in part 1 are supposed to be directly copied over the vanilla game's files and a ton of them overwrite the vanilla game's files.

GTL3.PNG

I want to make sure my laptimes are directly comparable to the vanilla game's files (comparing my laptimes from many years ago) therefore I want to be certain there's not a single file out of those 2024 files that has any effect whatsoever on anything that could even make 0.001s of a difference to lap times like vehicle physics, tyres, track physical properties, grip levels, rev limiters, engine files, gearing, reliability, etc. etc.

For example: The defviews.cam file is different between the vanilla GTL and the Ann patch Part 1. This is proof the patch is applying changes to the game even without going through the command prompt mod thing.

Last edited:
For example: The defviews.cam file is different between the vanilla GTL and the Ann patch Part 1. This is proof the patch is applying changes to the game even without going through the command prompt mod thing.

Yes, definitely, by dropping everything into the GTR2 root folder it will overwrite stuff. That's how GTR233 designs it.

Like me, it sounds like you'd prefer a more pick and choose method so extract it into a blank folder and pick and choose what you want.

Yes, definitely, by dropping everything into the GTR2 root folder it will overwrite stuff. That's how GTR233 designs it.

Like me, it sounds like you'd prefer a more pick and choose method so extract it into a blank folder and pick and choose what you want.
Absolutely but, at the same time, I'm trying to figure out what the patch changes. There's no way to know this with part 1; it's 2024 files spanning basically every folder of the vanilla game.

We can easily see what the command prompt is changing because it uses the folders / files here which are all neatly organised and named: https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...rsary-patch-part-1.166988/page-5#post-3745272 ...but with part 1 of the patch, there's no way of knowing what all those 2024 "random" files are doing...

---------------------------------------------------

I also have a second command prompt popping up called CHOICE.EXE. It says "/c:12345srx[Y,N]?" (without quotes).
GTL5.PNG

The GTL_SETUP.cmd window is unresponsive to any keystrokes while the CHOICE.EXE window is open.

If I close the CHOICE.EXE window, then the GTL_SETUP.cmd gives me a message saying "^CTerminate batch job (Y/N)?" (w/out quotes) and I don't know what to do.

If I don't set all the .exe files to run as adminastrator, then the CHOICE.EXE window doesn't come up and the GTL_SETUP.cmd does respond to keystrokes but the Ann Patch instructions state specifically to make sure all the .exe files are set to run as admin (and Win Compat XP mode).

EDIT: So I think the solution to the command prompt issue is that the CHOICE.EXE file must not be set to run as admin unlike all the other .exe files.

Last edited:
I've decided I'm going to have two custom installs: one with a vanilla install + manually adding fixes & mods (VIA JSGME) that I know with 100% certainty won't affect vanilla vehicle & track physics, setup options, laptimes, etc. in any way, shape, or form and another install with the entire, full Anniversary Patch to try out updated tracks, different physics, etc.

Absolutely but, at the same time, I'm trying to figure out what the patch changes. There's no way to know this with part 1; it's 2024 files spanning basically every folder of the vanilla game.

You might try using WinMerge via PortableApps to produce a visual of the file changes before and after like I did here comparing Steam and Disc versions of GTR2 (see screenshots):

I've decided I'm going to have two custom installs: one with a vanilla install + manually adding fixes & mods (VIA JSGME) that I know with 100% certainty won't affect vanilla vehicle & track physics, setup options, laptimes, etc. in any way, shape, or form and another install with the entire, full Anniversary Patch to try out updated tracks, different physics, etc.

This is a good choice. When in doubt, make a new folder.

And make good use of a package manager (OOM, etc.) for reliable/robust install/uninstall of mods.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 141 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 251 13.3%