GT Legends - getting to know you

Need some help.

Got GTL for Christmas and decided to have a little play around with it today :).

Now there are a few things that are bothering me and I'm wondering if it's me or just the way the game is.

Firstly, I read the post by Warren about the .PLR file force feedback settings and have added them to my own .PLR file. The trouble is the wheel (G25) feels far,far to light for me when driving along normally. I have the FFB turned up to high, so the feedback going round corners is fine (more resistance on the wheel) but once it get back to the straight it feels like its on air, just no resistance at all, which makes the car (just trying the Arbath at the moment) a little skittish.

Secondly, are the gears for the Arbath locked? I can't seem to change any of the ratio's from 1st to 4th, but oddly I can change reverse and the final gear ratio.

Third and finally, I thought I'd give the gear shift & clutch a go to give it a more authentic experience. Now it maybe me and my lack of experience with the game but it doesn't work/feel realistic at all.

I can change gear without using the clutch, which you can't really do in your average motor without crunching the gears, so it defeats the object of the clutch really. There's an option in one of the controller menu's for "Direct Shifter" but doesn't have any description in the manual as to what it does and has no effect on the game that I can notice.

I'm going to leave it for tonight because I'm getting a little frustrated to be honest, I really want to like this game ( I loved watching these cars on "World of Sport" with Dickie Davies on a Saturday afternoon as a boy)
So if anyone can help shed some light on any of the issues above I'd appreciate it.

540 with 13 to 18 lock depending on car, I don't mind having to cross my arms in hairpins, you have to in real life, believe me, another reason for small lock value is it means I'm not overturning the fronts and beating the sidegrip/slip values in most sim tyres.

Sam

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back