GT Legends available as digital download

@ Johan - That'd be nice, but I can't really see that happening, tbh.

I'm just glad that it's back available, and now starforce free, meaning no more Win7 aggro.

€10 is worth it for me, as I've held off going W7 because of all the mucking about to get GTL running.

TBH I'm thinking that any Starforce copy owner is morally clear when dling a digital download version "illegally" (if it's working with a legit box version cd-key). Overall this is wonderful news (however 10 euro is TOO MUCH when having the "gold edition" on the shelf already and a legit cd key). Might be worth sending an e-mail to SimBin asking about it.

Sorry Ryan, but I can;'t call a torrent legal. Also the game was sold WITH the magazine, so not for free..

Also it's software with copyrights you're downloading and it's NOT shareware. Still not allowed.. Also with torrents you're spreading it yourself, making yourself guilty of spreading piracy..

Sorry Ryan, but I can;'t call a torrent legal. Also the game was sold WITH the magazine, so not for free..

Also it's software with copyrights you're downloading and it's NOT shareware. Still not allowed.. Also with torrents you're spreading it yourself, making yourself guilty of spreading piracy..

what you are talking about is if the torrent contains also cd keyes or cracks, then yes, downloading these torrents is illegal according peer2peer communication, because you are sharing illegal stuff like a modified executable... not this case (when is what Ryan said about this particular torrent true)

Although GT Legends being available again is great news, I fear this is not going to help anyone wanting to play the awesome Power&Glory Mod for GTR2, as I believe it checks for a GTL DVD during installation....

Or maybe the guys from GTL workshop could rework their GTL-checking code for the upcoming v3.0 release??
IMO it would surely boost popularity of their masterpiece..

A word of warning:

My GTL on Windows 7 64bit didn't fully work for me with the crack so I had to cram in an XP install for this purpose only. Seeing the new digital download version, I thought I'd take a shot at it and could hopefully delete the XP install. NO SUCH LUCK. Still the same problems so beware - a waste of 10 euro.

Just to be clear, the main game on it's own runs fine, as it did with the crack. The problem I've got that makes it useless with our leagues, is that certain add-on cars mess it up (and I've seen other people also with this problem). For example, no matter what car I select, the modded BMW 2800CS is what I get. If I delete the BMW then I'm always given the modded Abarth 1000TCR and so on.

A word of warning:

My GTL on Windows 7 64bit didn't fully work for me with the crack so I had to cram in an XP install for this purpose only. Seeing the new digital download version, I thought I'd take a shot at it and could hopefully delete the XP install. NO SUCH LUCK. Still the same problems so beware - a waste of 10 euro.

Just to be clear, the main game on it's own runs fine, as it did with the crack. The problem I've got that makes it useless with our leagues, is that certain add-on cars mess it up (and I've seen other people also with this problem). For example, no matter what car I select, the modded BMW 2800CS is what I get. If I delete the BMW then I'm always given the modded Abarth 1000TCR and so on.

I have exactly the same problem David, even down to the same BMW being the car that always appears no matter what you pick. After reading the start of the thread I thought the new Steam version might have fixed it, but obviously not. :frown:

I've tried a no starforce patch for my copy of GTL. It works but the problem after that though is that I can't really join any servers (altbierbude.de were the ones I tested, modified exe error or something like that) so I had to install Win XP and just use GTL normally. Since Simbin are on a roll with releasing expansions for RACE07 (Formula RR and STCC 2) it would be nice if they could find a way to fix the Starforce issues with Win 7.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back