GT Legends and Starforce protection

Unless you are still running XP, DO NOT INSTALL the disc version of GT Legends. Starforce is not compatible with newer operating systems, and the results are immediate and not nice..

The good news is the Steam version of GT Legends has no copy protection at all - you don't even need to run it through Steam.

Also good news is if you already own GT Legends and can find your on-line key (on the back of the manual in European versions) you can get your Steam copy for free.

In Steam look at the top of the screen for Games (in between friends and help). Click on it and choose activate a product on Steam. Enter your on-line key without the dashes.

Thanks, David. I appreciate all the info you provided. Cheers. :thumbsup:

Edit:- That worked a treat, just re-activated GTR, GTR2 and GTL with that tip. Now I've finally got my complete SimBin collection activated once again. :)

Last edited:
Glad it worked. GT Legends is too good to be without.

Licensing issues hit the steam version of GTR2 and the Porsches and Ferraris are greyed out. There is a fix for this available on the net - not sure how RD feel about it being posted here.

Since GTR2 doesn't use Starforce and a no-CD exe is available I still normally install GTR2 from the disc.

This isn't working in my case. Steam says it's an invalid code. I think maybe I have a U.S. version due to my online code being on the rear of the cd case, rather than on the manual. I have all 3 cds, manual and box. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Well its only £4.99 i have had the same issue and ended up buying it from steam. i now own all 3 types
you can get bundles packs real cheap now with numerous racing games on them for about the same price also

Are you sure its typed in correctly i know ive made that mistake before also.

The code is of the format

XXXXXXX-XXXXXXX-XXXXXXX-XXXXXXX

It should be entered without the dashes. The European version is dot matrix printed and you need to be careful about Os and 0s, and 1s and Is, Zs and 2s.

Having said that, some US versions were distributed without the on-line code. There was a code generator on the GT Legends site but this vanished years ago.

But for the price of a McDonalds, GT Legends is the best bargain out there.

Last edited:
The code is of the format

XXXXXXX-XXXXXXX-XXXXXXX-XXXXXXX

It should be entered without the dashes. The European version is dot matrix printed and you need to be careful about Os and 0s, and 1s and Is, Zs and 2s.

Having said that, some US versions were distributed without the on-line code. There was a code generator on the GT Legends site but this vanished years ago.

But for the price of a McDonalds, GT Legends is the best bargain out there.

Hey, thanks a million David, leaving out the dashes did the trick. Down loading now.

Unless you are still running XP, DO NOT INSTALL the disc version of GT Legends. Starforce is not compatible with newer operating systems, and the results are immediate and not nice..

The good news is the Steam version of GT Legends has no copy protection at all - you don't even need to run it through Steam.

Also good news is if you already own GT Legends and can find your on-line key (on the back of the manual in European versions) you can get your Steam copy for free.

In Steam look at the top of the screen for Games (in between friends and help). Click on it and choose activate a product on Steam. Enter your on-line key without the dashes.
I've found this forum post 5 years after it was posted!

I have obtained a Polish DVD version of this game with a key printed on the DVD - the process as you describe it is not visible on the Steam site in its current version. Is this still possible?

I have obtained a Polish DVD version of this game with a key printed on the DVD - the process as you describe it is not visible on the Steam site in its current version. Is this still possible?

The activation stuff is in the Steam client not on the site. If you you really meant site above then that is likely the issue.

1618509177465.png

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 286 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years