• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Misc GT Legends 10th Anniversary PATCH 9.10

All-in-1 patch for GT Legends

1. umma gumma

umma gumma

Ratings:
    +14
    had some more time to check things out:

in setup menu, the original GTL vette had adjustable top RPM from 6800-7400

this only gives adjustable top RPM from 6600-6850

which has a huge effect on speed, acceleration, setup etc

2. GTR233

GTR233

Ratings:
    +331
    when I say I have updated physics, it is all of them and not only ride height :)
    Indeed I reduced max RPM for both reasons : it is cheating because AI will not increase RPM, and it is not realistic as real corvette do not exceed 6900rpm otherwise you blow the engine :)
    By the way you can increase top speed by adjusting gears ratio and especially the "final" ratio.
    Anyway, you can restore stock files : in options folder you will find e-[Stock Game Backup] then copy-paste GameData and you will get stock game ;)

3. umma gumma

umma gumma

Ratings:
    +14
    might be a good idea to put a note in the readme, explaining that

I was under the impression it was all cosmetic enhancements

I hope you are not offended? how was I to know any of this?

• Beer Beer x 1
  4. GTR233

GTR233

Ratings:
    +331
    don't worry no offense ;)

Might not be clear, but it is written in readme in changelog and in online information : I have modified physics and AI to avoid them to run in your back when you make offline races. You know you can have multiple installs of GTL, by example c:\GTL1, c:\GTL2, etc... so you can have one dedicated for 10th AP and another one for online races.

• Like Like x 1
  5. umma gumma

umma gumma

Ratings:
    +14
    yep, I have about 6 different GTL installs

ps you know what has always bugged me about GTL? the cars are about 50% of the size they should be, watching replays

I'm not sure if this is due to tracks not being scaled correctly, or the game engine? not sure if it happens at all tracks?

for example I was doing some laps around Watkins Glen, and the cars are not much bigger than gocarts, in relation to the track!

everything looks ok while you are driving, incar

6. Gevatter

Gevatter
    The James May of Simracing Premium

Ratings:
    +301
    With the current version of the Anniversary Patch I'm unable to post a decent laptime in the second carreer race, Minis @ Anderstorp South. The best I managed after ~100 laps is a 1:04:07, while on the stock GT Legends install I managed a 1:01:09 (which is still a second off but still almost 3 seconds faster). Going back to the AP version I was back at 1:04:xx.

What I found is that it doesn't matter if I use the AP as is or if I use the stock files from the Options folder, the cars (Mini & Cortina) behave the same. I also used the default setup from the stock install with no time gained. Were there maybe changes made to the tracks as well, grip settings or grip calculation from temperatures? I'm using the original tracks not the HQ variants.

7. GTR233

GTR233

Ratings:
    +331
    Hi, by default with 10AP you have modified physics for both tracks and cars : so you cannot use default SVM setups anymore (same for PLGTL MOD or any other physics mod).
    When you restore stock game files from [OPTIONS] folder you have got original DVD game with official patch 1.1 and you can use default svm setups.
    If you've got a difference between (10AP+restored stock game files) and (your stock game) then I guess it is due to the simbin 1.1 patch for dvd version which reduce car speed.

8. Gevatter

Gevatter
    The James May of Simracing Premium

Ratings:
    +301
    Hmm that's weird. It's not so much reduced car speed in any version, it's less grip in 10AP which doesn't change when copying the gamedata folder from the options folder back. The AI do the same time in both the stock and 10AP versions. The car is much more slidey and therefore is slower going through corners and accelerating out of corners. While this is more engaging to drive it also makes winning some of the races difficult. I guess what I'll do is modify the AI grip parameters as describes in the readme to bring them down a notch so I can keep up :) Thank you for all your work and the support!

• Beer Beer x 1
  9. GTR233

GTR233

Ratings:
    +331
    GTR233 updated GT Legends 10th Anniversary Patch with a new update entry:

GT Legends 10th Anniversary PATCH

Read the rest of this update entry...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.