Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM CLUB
Track: Curitiba
Practice: 19:00 GMT (30 minutes)
Qualification: 19:30 GMT (10 minutes)
Warm-up: No Warm up
Race: 19:40 (2x25 minutes)
Password: click here

Signup List
To signup simply press the button below and chat away in the thread below :)
[signuplist]262[/signuplist]

San, come back in for race 2, turn on low traction control and low anti-lock brakes and try again. They are very fun, and there's no need to be nervous. it's all for fun.

Thanks Andrew for the support. Had some sleep yesterday and feel a bit more relaxed again. Truth be told I was so darn frustrated last night I was about to end my online gaming reboot as fast as it started a couple of weeks back.

Apparently, to me, the racing especialy in these V12 beasts is getting the better of me. I have a nice wheel, properly setup I think, nice FFB settings, rotational maybe a bit wide (540, 23 degree lock) but even with the suggested assists I can't seem to drive a single clean lap. And looking at a few of you driving these as smooth as a shopping cart down isle 2 in a supermarket.... well.. That got to me last night considering I expected more of myself, honestly. But that's something I need to deal with.

I'll try to see if I can sign up for the Mini's at Monza this week (need to check schedule) and start from there again.

At any rate, thanks again for the support!

Thanks Andrew for the support. Had some sleep yesterday and feel a bit more relaxed again. Truth be told I was so darn frustrated last night I was about to end my online gaming reboot as fast as it started a couple of weeks back.

Apparently, to me, the racing especialy in these V12 beasts is getting the better of me. I have a nice wheel, properly setup I think, nice FFB settings, rotational maybe a bit wide (540, 23 degree lock) but even with the suggested assists I can't seem to drive a single clean lap. And looking at a few of you driving these as smooth as a shopping cart down isle 2 in a supermarket.... well.. That got to me last night considering I expected more of myself, honestly. But that's something I need to deal with.

I'll try to see if I can sign up for the Mini's at Monza this week (need to check schedule) and start from there again.

At any rate, thanks again for the support!
Don't worry so much about what others are doing. RD is for all levels of driver. Personally, I am always at least a few seconds off the pace.

Yesterday I was consistently putting in times 7 seconds off the leader, and that was my current limit. But I had a blast during the race, and I was in some nice battles. It's not about winning. And these V12s are known to be hard, so don't be harsh on yourself. I'd have not been that smooth if I hadn't been at this track so much recently - I'd done testing, and then a week of events here including an 80 minute endurance. I just had to focus on the V12 and not learning the track.

So don't worry about that, it's all about clean and fun racing.

In the previous club race with that combo, I was really struggling with the car in the first race so I spectated the poleman to see how he managed to be so fast and so consistent. And I found quite the secret ! He always was a gear higher than me. For instance a turn that I would take in 2nd (such as T1 or T2), he'd take it in 3rd.

Once I applied this technique, I was MUCH more confortable with the car, and laps were much easier to complete. It was both faster and more controllable like that and no aids than with TC on.

At first I didn't like the car -- too fast for me :D, but once you start doing decent laps without crashing, you discover a whole new world, and it is an absolute blast!

San, just forget the race and focus on the next one, or practise again offline till you can make clean laps. Yesterday was my first contact with the V12, and it didn´t take too long to complete clean laps. Not very fast ones, (didn´t have time to train more) but enough to enjoy the race, though it wasn´t my best night. I'm not a fast guy on the track but I learnt that if I'm not familiar with the mod and track, I need 'some' time to feel safe and react quickly when a mistake is 'on the air' during the race.

Hope to meet you in the track again

Thanks again all for the tips support. Appart from my earlier comment it's also true I lack decent time to train and setup cars. This combined with me overestimating my capabilities led to such issues as last night. :unsure:

I'll go in with a clean mind come next race and just prepare where I can and make most of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 308 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 204 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 156 7.8%