RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Entrylist 1:
  1. Eric Kaczmarek - Viper
  2. Timothy Miller - BMW Z4
  3. Jean Michel Rucheton
  4. Adam Vaughan
  5. Leandro Lage - Viper CC
  6. João Andias - BMW Z4
  7. Bob Luneski
  8. Matt Alpeter - Viper CC
  9. Péter Bártfai - Aston
  10. Marcel vd Aa - BMW Z4
  11. Chris Vick - TBD
  12. Rafael Barbosa - TBD
  13. Mitchell Phillipi - TBD
  14. Tobias Kluge - Seat
  15. Yves Larose - Viper CC
  16. Michel Usal
  17. Ben Tusting - Vertigo
  18. Bob Miley - Z4
  19. Antonio Vilas
  20. Cristian Haba
  21. Gaynall Hudgins - Vertigo
  22. Bill Kaiser - Aston
  23. Gary Lennon - Viper CC
  24. Fernando De Almeida
  25. driver

Reserve:
  1. Dave Stephenson

ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME

Please

Thank you

Well, that was my 1st race of the kind, it was fun but I must admit although I like the multi class races (all GTs for instances) when there is more then 2 or 3 classes in a race it becomes a bit too "farfetched" for me.

I had never raced a Radical before, so had o good incentive to test the car’s possibilities in a track that I like much although in the wet weather. Speaking of the weather I have had some experience with rain conditions in endurance events with another club I also sometimes race with (120 mins Nordschleife for instances) so it was far from a novelity.

Before the race I had a wtcc87 75 (58 sec) and a CSR200 (59 sec) tuned up for the case of my 2 SR3/4 adverseries call it the "quits". But they were setup for a 60 mins race (fuel weight) so when in the middle of qualifying they started to come in and out of the server modifying their choice of cars, I hesitated but decided to keep the radical since I was with one at the time and had easily changed the setup for the new race distance (fuel weight).

Qualifiyng

Was good for me to confirm that the race was going to be a bit "schizophrenic" and I was the main adversary of myself.

Race 1
There I went racing against the clock; the radical was a joy to drive and it was easy to correct any power slide. Raced in the 51s and with it obviously lapped a few of you, every one made it easier for me (thanks) and I’m sorry for any disturbance I may have caused (had a slight exit in a corner).

Race 2
With the start from 8th I was wishing for some different action, although I recognize one can’t do much if his car is slower 10 secs per lap.

As I had more traction all was easy until I arrived at 3rd, there I found my fellow radical racer, Sam Beason.

Sam due to his rain driving “technic” was a real pain (but fun) to fight with. It all ended lap and half later when I risked an outside overtaking and was squeezed out and had an off road excursion, but since I was behind and not even ½ a car in his side, the fault was mine… but he waited for me to come by; mate that wasn’t needed, I was behind so it was my fault. If I was more up front, by your side for instances, then maybe it wouldn’t have been, but in that situation, it was (btw was I with some lag? My ping to the server was somewhat high).

As I was 5 secs at least quicker then Haba’s street car, made the time gap in 2 laps and overtook him obviously in a turn since his car couldn’t turn and an apex was an unknown concept for the Koenigsegg.

After that it was a repeat of race 1, this time went into the very low 50’s (50.1?) and failed one of my objectives wish was to go into the high 40’s with the SR4.

All in all another interesting and fun event, thanks every one that participated (no in race quitters, brilliant), congratulations to each class winner and again a special thanks to Eric for another good event.

Now, Sam Beason, please, don’t take this in a bad way, I’m not complaining (far from it), it’s just a small ”help”, and remember that English isn’t my 1st language, sorry.

Having in mind that I don’t know what controller you use or any other restringing condition you might be subject...

In rain one has to be smooth, with every car input, braking, accelerating turning and so on…

In fact the actual apex speed is about the same then in dry (it depends of the corner/car; it might be a little bit slower then dry).

The main difference (in speed and time) is breaking into and the accelerating out of a corner.

While behind, I didn’t observe anything strange regarding your accelerating out. But your braking “into”, was far from “correct” in my view.

In rain one starts to brake earlier and smoothly then in dry, so the braking is longer (and lighter) but the actual corner speed isn’t much different.

What you were doing was different, many times I thought you were already going into a corner, but then near the apex you would slam the brakes and then turn (and my heartbeat would jump while me too was forced to use the brakes too much at the apex in a wet track). Notice that I corner while braking, but in rain its very, very light braking…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 232 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%