RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

qual near back as had to have a cup of tea before racing :D

got to grid for race and found track like below. I've heard of the racing line but never the racegame.org line. graphics slowly cleared up after a bit of lagging. after a brush with the wall (after taking a swig of tea on start finish) damaged suspension. at pit stop so concerned to repair suspension forgot to change tyres. oops... went around to finish in 14th. great race all and grats to the winner

Attachments

• race-line.jpg
    race-line.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 195
  • Chris Noble

Yes ppl who have not signed up should not be in the server, unfair to those who did.

Thomas, if you cant see any cars when you start race session, press the + and - keys on number pad which switches the car you are looking at, and this will correct the problem.

Qualified 6th which was suprising :)

Got a bit bogged down on the start and lost 2 positions.

But got a good frist stint, catching up with ben tusting and passing him and then caught daniel plankier and passed him, then caught gary lennon and past him.

Then time for my pit stop, all ready go in, but oh no! missed the entrance!, had to reverse up and lost 10 secs getting into it!

Came out 10th and slowly reeled in 3 places which were not stopping and passed them :)

But then Daniel pitted later and came out just behind me and kept the pressure on me until the end of the race, and unfortunately with a couple of corners to go I outbraked myself going wide and he got past :(

Brilliant race thbough and some excellent levels of driving standards tonight :)

after a few laps of good pace again i ended up in a battle for position with Nige,i got totally alongside and braked a bit later,but we had a coming together mid turn putting wide and off a bit,i expected Nige would be giving me that spot back soon,at the final left before the big banked "real" final turn he appeared to slow up and go wide a bit,i assumed this was him opening the door for me to regain the place,assumptions in racing are seldom a good idea as i found Nige's back end as he was turning in,,"Punt",round he goes,i saw no one else was about so i stopped to wait,but he magically disappeared??:cool:.

Oh dear, i just watched the replay :eek:

terrebly sorry for that tap that sent you wide m8, i though i had pulled of a nice swithback on you, i just didnt realise i touched you. then in the final turn i was going for my second attempt at a pit stop, and was trying to remember which button was the "pit in", didnt realise you was on the inside. all my fault :hug::kiss:

Oh dear, i just watched the replay :eek:

terrebly sorry for that tap that sent you wide m8, i though i had pulled of a nice swithback on you, i just didnt realise i touched you. then in the final turn i was going for my second attempt at a pit stop, and was trying to remember which button was the "pit in", didnt realise you was on the inside. all my fault :hug::kiss:

All good buddy,now filed under "racing dafties incident" in the history section,hehee :thumb::p

Yes ppl who have not signed up should not be in the server, unfair to those who did.

Thomas, if you cant see any cars when you start race session, press the + and - keys on number pad which switches the car you are looking at, and this will correct the problem.

Unfortunately it was 40 minutes into the race, and timing and everything else disapppeared too.

Dropped connection perhaps, just not registered by the game to pull me out of the track.

Qualy. p4 with a good lap :D
Good start and was able to hold p4. Then close racing and I was trying not to lose the 3 in front of me. Ben behind me tryed to pass me but I was able to defend position. Was pushing very hard and get a bit problems with my tyres, was getting to hot, lol. Was then close behind Garry, and Chris comming closer and closer behind me. I was on the limit and then there was a lapt car in front and I braked a bit to early and Chris taked the inside line and accelerated me out. Great move there Chris :thumb:. Then Chris pushed Garry and tryed to pass him. Then on 30min left Garry was driving into pitlane and also Chris wanted it, but missed pit entry and had to put the rev, :pound: was seeing it in mirror :D. So I was on p3 with Patrick and Paul in front. was 4sec behind and tryed not to lose more. Actually I was on a 0 stop straregy(full tank), but on 24min left i was getting tyre warnings and heavy handling problems, lol. Mistake in setup and pushed to hard in begining. So I decided to made a Pit stop with a little fuel(5 laps) and change tyres. Then I came close behind Chris out of pits, on p7. Then my pace was really good and I was able to come closer to Chris, then we 2 passed Jamie Wilson, he had no chance with bad tyres. Then on p6 always close behind Chris, we catched also Nico on p5 by getting pass Nico in same courner, lol. so I was on p5 and Chris infron of me on p4. My pace was a bit better then Chris at this time, so I pushed like the hell :flame: and tryed to overtake him. Blinking with lights, but Chris did no mistake, :rolleyes:. Then what a fun in the last laps. A little car contacts a few times and I was a few times on his side. lol . He did no mistakes was blocking me, but all fair, I tryed everithing to overtake, but Chris drives really good, letting me no chance. But then In last lap after 1h race chris with a litte mistake and I accelerate better and took the inside line and Chris was getting a bit wide, and so finally I was pass him, lol. :cool: p4 finaly. :D. Wow what a great race, so much fun to drive with you all, thanks RD. Still have to smile :D , :pound:.

Congratulation to podium. :thumb:

Qualified OK.
Faired well at the start and staying clear of trouble whilst catching up to the guys in front.
Then a short while in, I went to overtake/lap a back-marker but was taken out by him as I tried to get past!!! :der:
... not sure what happened from his side, but did feel he could have moved outta the way a bit more quickly :rolleyes:

After this though, car did not quite feel the same, was not holding the lines and my acceleration seemed to be down ... :doh:

Next disaster came when I was enjoying battling with Neil Farren for 12th/13th spot-ish (??), but I momentarily put a tyre at over the edge of the track after the short straight near the end of the lap ...
MY CAR GOT PROPER STUCK!
I couldn't move at all ... was about to quit to pits and have a kit-kat :wink: as I really couldn't get out of there when I managed to somehow catch a tyre on the edge of the track again and got going ... only cost me 30 seconds and 6 or 8 places!!!! :doh: :doh:

After mentally wandering off to the beach for a surf and my tyre carcass being worn to shreds, I finally I pulled it back together and came home 10th after a bit more battling with Neil Ferrin, following his pit stop.

These mini races are great ... and every week seems to be an epic disaster for me :amen:... but I love 'em!!

Thanks RD for putting this on, and also to people like Neil F for good clean racing :thumb:

35ku8ti.jpg

This sunday afternoon racing event is only for PREMIUM CLUB members of RaceDepartment.
Be advised that this is an endurance event that requires practice and dedication.
Feel free to join!

Event: Brand Hatch Indy
Date: Sunday September 14th 2008
Sim: GTR Evolution
Class: GT Club
Password: Click here
Server: RACEDEPT.COM GT Club

EVENT TIMES RESET
Practice: 14.00GMT
Qualification: 14:30 GMT
Race: 15:00 GMT (100 laps)
Weather: Changeable

Name: Garry Pullen
Car: BMW Z4
Note: I may not be able to make practice, but should be there before the end of qualification as I am racing in the morning and got to, fit in dinner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 118 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 93 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 88 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 63 6.8%