RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

I almost crashed at the start because I got a good start, and the dude in front of me was still standing, so I had to brake hard.

anyway, I had to defend my position against Dan Coldrick, but he went slower and slower so I pulled away, but good fighting.
lol Bob I was always hearing your engine in T1 because my tyres were worn, then at lap 22 I got my second warning about the worn tyres. nice overtake at lap 24. nice catch up.

Great race guys.

I almost crashed at the start because I got a good start, and the dude in front of me was still standing, so I had to brake hard.

anyway, I had to defend my position against Dan Coldrick, but he went slower and slower so I pulled away, but good fighting.
lol Bob I was always hearing your engine in T1 because my tyres were worn, then at lap 22 I got my second warning about the worn tyres. nice overtake at lap 24. nice catch up.

Great race guys.
I was catching/then dropping off from you until I hit the wall and had suspension damage. Shame :(

What a great racing night I love you all :in-love: lol :rotfl:

Was a lot of fun tonight with you all. Especially the fight with Yves at the beginning and the fight with Hannu in the last 5 laps. All fair racers its great :handshake:.

Cool watching the replay now :rotfl:

Qualy: did a good qualy with the second place on the grid :dance2:

Race: my start was bad but the 2 James and Gary had a better one and i was very cautious at T1 and Daniel took third place under braking. from there i was stuck behind Daniel and finally passed him after 3 try at T1

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlIaG6KNrng[/ame]

once i passed him the 2 guy's infront already pulled away and had between 2 and 3 seconds, i was able to maintain that gab but wasn't able to catch them. from there i just managed my race and staying on track.

nice combo track/class and it was alot of fun even if it was a lonely race.

Qual: 3rd - Finish: 1st

Rocket launch off the line enough to get bang alongside James J. for T1,then proceed to well overcook going in and just manage to scrape myself back on track just holding off Daniel i think? and maintain 3rd place with a sigh of relief...Yves going wide hands me back 2nd place and the chase is on with James in the lead,one early attempt almost went very wrong indeed but i managed to take enough evasive action not to wreck us both losing time but able to chase it back down again,but it took many laps and it wasnt until quite late in the race i finally got close enough to apply pressure,it took a slight off wide moment at T3 from James and i took the lead,gradual pull away at the twisties offset by being reeled in a bit down the straight,it panned out giving me a bit of gap in my favour each lap,i think some late tyre struggle probs with James behind gave me a nice comfort zone to finish :).
Excellent track and plenty fun racing !!.
Cheers Yves and RD :good:.

352ejib.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM RANK
Class: All cars from GTR Evolution
Track: Estoril
Weather: Dry
Hotlap mode enabled
Notes:

Click here to read the password and golden rules!

You can check your times at http://timing.racedepartment.com

Good luck!

Here is the WTCC Track Guide: Estoril (2008) By Gareth Hickling, Jarrod Crossley, Daniel Pettit and a round with the master himself Attila Domjan
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozSHDD4SEWA&feature=channel_page[/ame]

• Ian Landry

Quick question:

Any aids allowed? Not that I like racing with aids on, but I've read in a Simbin interview that I think the real GT cars have ABS and traction control.

So in case you guys want to be "realistic", I don't want to be the only noob going around without those.

Thanks!

Ian

Finally got through a GTR Evo race without my computer crashing:dance2: Noticed it was stuttering when I first connected, so I turned down the special effects and it helped considerably. Still a distinct difference in overall smoothness when comparing offline/online.

Enjoyed the race, especially my battle with Ivan. I was within a few seconds of him throughout the race. Tyres on the Aston really struggled towards the end of both stints, making the 80 minute format quite a challenge. As most of my past races were 60 minutes, it was also difficult to maintain concentration for the additional 20 minutes. If I happen to participate in the 2 hour enduro interclub race (austeam are still sorting out names) it will be a genuine challenge to survive 2 hours.

Not sure if people experienced technical problems or simply crashed out, but it was disappointing to only have 4 of 16 finishing.

Cya all next time :Banane19:

Quick question:

Any aids allowed? Not that I like racing with aids on, but I've read in a Simbin interview that I think the real GT cars have ABS and traction control.

So in case you guys want to be "realistic", I don't want to be the only noob going around without those.

Thanks!

Ian
I dont think it is an option Ian. Even if I agree with you on the principal all events are ran without any of the aids (except automatic clutch).

Ian i will also add that if you put on aids people are usually slower compare with no aids on. :good:

Quick question:

Thanks!

Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.5%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.6%