RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Qualified 4th (huge shock):shocked:

I prayed to the sart God to bog Gary down and he did me proud:pray2:, I got to T1 in front and stayed there for 25 Laps (almost fainted:faint: being so high up for so long), then pitted.

Had a really good stop until some guy shouted Go Go Go and my car was dead, pressed almost every key to start car :doh:(including quickchat keys which must have looked really weird, :sorry:). After about 8 seconds it kicked to life but got out behind Nigel.

Clawed my way upto Nigel but there was never a clear overtaking chance so stayed behind to finish a very extatic 2nd:whoo:.

Congrats Nigel and all who finished on this great track.

I`m off for some oxygen.:beer:

Thanks Yves and RD and also Bram for his excellent FD training that has made such an improvement in my driving .

Quali went ok started in the top 10. The first 2 corners were all a bit hectic. Managed to pop through between Gary and Dave L, then went wide and put it on the grass. Collected it by the corner, then there was a coming together by someone coming in a bit too fast collecting Gary and Dave. L. As the guys were going around me at the time I felt I should pull over and let everyone by, which I did and so started a great fight back through the field and picking up a few places from those who wanted a closer look at the barriers :laugh2:

Managed to get up to 7th behind Dave S. but he was way better though the 2nd section and was losing about a 10th a lap. Pitstop went as planned and came out 7 secs behind Carlos and Sam who were having there own little battle which enabled me to cruise up behind them. A lap or 2 later Dave S exited the pits in front of of me and Carlos but unluckily piroetted in the chicane right in front of Carlos and I :shock: and it was a big intake of breath and an almighty stamp on the brakes to just squeeze by. Managed to put a good move on Carlos and just nursed the car home to the end as the tyres were well and truly jiggered by the end.

Finished 5th :dance2:

Thank you to RD and all the guys who raced tonight, it was great fun.

hehehe it was my first race with my new G25, was really excited about it :dance2:

qualy: not too bad manage fifth place ( i think )

race: got a not so bad start and say Gary take away very slowly and manage to squeeze to the outside, exited T1 in fourth place and was able to keep up with the guy's in front. at one point Nigel and Rob had a contact which gave me third place ( maybe second not sure ). then i had a great and clean battle with Rob and i finally manage to pull away a bit while he was fighting with Nigel. was in second for a few laps when i ran too wide at exit of the last turn and got the tyres, flipped and killed the car :rotfl:

Qualy: Did a 1:50.923, gave me pos 10 at start up, not to bad for me!

Race1: As usual, not a good start for me, could not completely avoid the carnage, but came out of it more or less without damage. Was 17th after the carnage. After some time, while I had Steven Palmer in my neck I managed to catch up with Dave Stephenson who was trying to pass and I am not sure whether the person in front of him was defending fair. In a quite complex race situation in the last turn I managed to pass Dave (though I was sure he was faster than me). After a pass on Max and some drop outs I was chasing Antonio with Steven and Dave (changing) in my neck. Just when I caught up Antonio went off (lap 12) give me a free road, but Dave even closer. Unfortunately while trying to get some air to breath I hit the tyre in of these turns, where I actually never before hit anything. Race over in lap 14 while being on pos 7. Really good race as long as it lasted! Nice track!

Thanks all!

Did you guys download any files the day before? It's just that RD's download allowance resets at about midnight EU time, I think. So if that's the case, depending on where you are, you'd still be increasing the amount of downloads even though it is the day after.

...If that makes sense. :tongue:

• Matt Crouch

Im on it, sign meup.

just downloaded the track and its nice.

btw Im new here to the RC so I'll ask again to be sure, if its starting 20.00GMT and when it shows -01.00 GMT at my zone its 19.00 GMT at my place right? like 7pm.

cheers

If you're in norway then I believe 20:00GMT is 21:00 in your time. If you're reading the time from the bottom of the forum page then that's just because the server is wrong :)

in fact the only places on GMT -1 seem to be a few small islands in the Atlantic and a small bit of Greenland :D

If you're in norway then I believe 20:00GMT is 21:00 in your time. If you're reading the time from the bottom of the forum page then that's just because the server is wrong :)

hmm I read the example and it said if the page said +01.00GMT then it would be 21.00GMT, but the page where I checked the zones said -01:00GMT.. but thanks, then its 21:00 GMT. Im in it anyway

Edit: I took a look at the page again, it said 01:30.. and it said 02:30 on my pc.. so yea, its +01.00GMT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 214 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 210 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%