RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

All of my yes.

Assuming I don't get distracted by… whatever it was I got distracted by last Friday :roflmao:

So, which variant are we using? :cool:
800px-All_layouts_of_the_Masaryk_Circuit_%28Brno_Circuit%29_between_1930_and_today_combined.png

(Yes, yes, I know which variant :p)

Don't like the track, but this was still fairly fun :)

Cycling through my usual cars (Leon, Lada, even tried the Cruze, which was okay), I couldn't quite find a fitting one, even getting out the ol' C30 again. So, why not try something new? The Alfa was alright, but the Peugeot felt at home over here, shaving off at least a second of each of the other cars' times.
Qualified in P4 behind the Movie-Go trio and had a good start into race #1, despite rumors talking about low-ish start performance in the Peugeot going 'round.

I then built up a gap to the pack of Nuno, Istvan and Alex and... well.. watched the three green cars rumble away. I got closer towards the end of the race, but as far as I got it, that was bump-induced. P4 it was.

Had a lousy start into race #2, and Aaron slightly bumping into me in T1 didn't help me gain positions, as well ;) Regained speed soon afterwards, but when Dave & Istvan touched in... well, one of those bazillion turns, I couldn't react in time and got into Dave's side.
Post-waiting and now with slight suspension damage, I carried on and got up to P5 again, slowly closing in on Dennis - running on better-preserved tyres, I'd say I would've needed another lap to get past, but then again, I would've run out of fuel in sector 1 of said lap, so P5 is fairly alright in my book :D

Thanks for racing, guys!

This track always give me problems and no matter which car I'm in the result is the same.
I mean, it's a nice track but all the corners are a bit too much corner, know what I mean? As Reggie said, better for a bike.

Plop, Cruze, Sure, it runs, lol.

I practiced a race pace in quali, looking for consistency and tire care rather than speed so I wanted to place myself properly.

R1: My pace worked out, no one around, unfortunately I ended up on the front row for R2, no way out of it.

R2: Off like stink! Reggie soon caught me and then Arron, finally Istvan. I did my best to keep a good pace and save tires, I think it worked out in the end for both races. Maybe I should drive like that more often :)

Totally outdone on TS by the AC boy's but we were still great!

Bit of a struggle, were these races. The fronts, especially the left, got too hot and wore too much to be able to stay at a decent pace past lap 5, and dropped of completely during lap 7. Had a nice battle with @Nuno Rodrigues early on in Race 1. I caught @István Milbich at around lap 5, couldn't get by, and then my tyres went off and he pulled away again. Finished 6th
Race 1 I started 3rd, got a great start and was in 1st and on the inside turning into the first corner when I got a tap from @Reggie Blain Snr which sent me across the gravel and into the barrier. Now last with some suspension damage, I clawed back a few places and and a nice race with @RaceProUK and @Björn after their mishaps. Finished 6th again.

Brno always looks like it could be a good track on paper, but it's not a terribly enjoyable place. I remember the F3000 and WTCC races there being rather stale, maybe it is better for bikes!

@John Grant - problems as in "still can't join the server"? Really weird stuff.. if you trust me with remote-controlling your computer, we could've a look a that via TeamViewer post-race tomorrow/Friday.

That being said, I hope to make this event, plenty of overtime at work ATM, though.

If you want to see how other RD members have designed their cars, feel free to download & install the RaceDepartment Race07 skinpack (v201508):

For more information on the pack and how to get your car added, see this topic.

Hoping to get off work in time, so... maybe? :)

If you want to see how other RD members have designed their cars, feel free to download & install the RaceDepartment Race07 skinpack (v201508):

For more information on the pack and how to get your car added, see this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 380 16.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 258 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.7%