RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Yay, surprise race appearance ;)

I wasn't planning on doing this considering my connection, but low and behold, when I entered the practice server for Sunday's RlyRR event ('cause I can still go on once the servers disconnect me, so no problem in terms of getting laps in ;)), I wasn't being disconnected for 25-ish minutes straight!
Sooo.. over to the Mini server, no practice at all, no setup, no... hope? Took the RoadOne setup I had, adjusted the gears & fuel and tried to get laps in. Qualified a solid 6th, considering the circumstances.

Lost a position or two during the first lap, but quickly got back up to 6th, battling Dennis & Nuno, nice stuff! Unfortunately, I pretty much blew it immediately after I got past - that gravel trap at Ford/T7 is nasty!
After pits, I was hunting down Nuno and Dennis again, and soon closed the gap.
Nuno then went wide into the final turn, which put me back up to 6th position, with Dennis in 5th - finally got past him during the final lap, nice racing :)

Thanks for joining in, everyone, and thanks for still doing the would-be mandatory pit-stop, this time, it was my fault ;)

This was great! All but two of us were on TS and at the start of the race it was realized that there was no mandatory pit set up. We all knew that tires could make the distance from running 80 minute race. All on TS agreed that we would see if the other two made a stop and cheers went up when they did, we all knew then that we would also be making stops. What a wonderful group of guys!

More personally, not my best track but for quali I finally had a car that went beyond my older PB and was a fun drive. I also knew it would do well on a two tire stop.

I didn't lose anything in the launch from the line and held up well during the first lap. Reggie Snr did well to hold off drivers behind me while I tried to stay close to @Nuno Rodrigues. Bjorn joined the fray. passing us both but then spun, I pitted for fronts only and was on top of Nuno when after he pitted. I was able to hold off Nuno but Bjorn just got fast er with every lap and after a good run keeping him at bay he managed somehow to get by on the last lap. A much better race than I expected.

Brno is also not a fav track for me but I'll be putting my best effort in as I am contracted to race there.

Had good pace and speed in practice despite not practicing at all prior to this. Qualified third, I had a feeling it would be easy to hold, but Aaron and Reggie were too fast for me :confused:!! But third did not come entirely easy as I had thought. proved to be VERY fast and stuck with me for the entire race. I had thought I would lose him after the pits, but even after we cycled through, he was still on my tail :O_o:!! Ended up in third, but kept pushing until the very end :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I'm in :)

If you want to see how other RD members have designed their cars, feel free to download & install the RaceDepartment Race07 skinpack (v201507):

For more information on the pack and how to get your car added, see this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 340 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 174 8.0%