RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

• Josh Healy

I call dibs on the #25 BMW (Benson Hedges Longhurst car) :D
Also I'm going on the server at about 6pm (GMT+10)..gonna be in and out of it trying different graphical settings...

Another great event in RD.
Race 1 : I start very well and place 3.Couple laps and i have crash."Race is Over"
Race 2 : First position on grid.Good start and fight for place 2 & 3.Little crash and i must go to to pit.i finish the race in 8th positon :D
Thx very much for create thsi event:D

practice turned up for practice with 15-20mins after kids had woken me early again. (maybe i should just sign up ahead of time in future!:) ) no track knowledge but the layout is nice so was quick to pick up. down to 1:36ish before quali. set up wise plonked for Zandvoort as my starting point. handled well so no tweaks made.

quali down to 1:35's was on for a second off that but youngest spilt drink so had to go clean up (the professionals don't have to put up with this!) happy with 7th place on grid.

race1 got a great start (i love the clutch on this g25!) and sprung up to 4th (suprised to pass warren who had started on the front row). as normal though self destruct comes into play and a few wee mistakes creep in. I was ok while in touch with the leading pack but as soon as sight was lost that was it, rhythm out the window and dropped down to dice with Andrew for 5th/6th place. got the benefit when Andrew ran wide on 1lap 15 and help out to the end. happy with 5th.

race2 so with the flip was third. Another good start and i felt i could have lunged for 1st but tucked in for second place. over done it approacing the pond though. was trying to put paul off but off line myself meant i couldn't carry normal speed thru the corner and backwards i went down to 6th. when paul went down the order after incident moved to 5th, tried to close on cars ahead but unable to. crossed in 5th place again. happy bunny all round though. pb of 1:32.8x set in this race.

well done on great track choice, coversion is great and the skins added that little extra (even though i still plonked for a red alpha but nannini's name could not be resisted!) and excellant racing all round.

Qualy: Can't remember exactly what time, did not care anyway, was using Qualy as further practice, that's what I needed :).

Race 1: Started 6th, tried easy going as it was clear, reach the finish line was the goal, not being quick! End of lap 1 I was 8th having Andrew and Damien behind me. In T1 Florian was on the road, whom I could not avoid, sent me to the gras and gave Andrew the chance to pass. Seeing the movements of Andrews car it was clear, he was in a similar situation than me, his most important opponent was the car, no me :D. Unfortunately I did not have the car enough under control to avoid him after T1 where he was going little wide. Sorry again for that! Not to risk anything I also let Damien pass after reentering. Poor fellow, I guess he had wished I did not let him pass. Bumped into him first time in the hair pin, he was breaking earlier than me. Then he spun at the lake, so hit him again, nothing he or I could have done about. Then he breaked at a point where I did not expect him to break (in the last turn). Hit him again, I am really sorry! Obvisouly he went back to the pit lane after this, waited but saw it in the mirror. So I continued. Finished in lap 7 after I hit one of the walls!

Race 2: Started 9th. Went off in T1 of lap 2. In lap 3 Florian was on the road and I to slow to avoid him. Put me last but that was my last serious off track for today :D! Was last at that time. Florian I saw bruning at some point, Andrew flipped in front of us (while I was chasing Damien). Got him after I had little bit more top speed on the straight while braking into the hairpin (I knew he would brake earlier than me, from Race 1 :D). From there I was 6th, managed to put some gap between us but not to catch up with the guys in front. At one point I did, guess somebody did a mistake in front, but me as well, therefore the gap remained. Finished 6th. I FINISHED :peace:!

Need some more practice with these cars, but fun to drive! Thanks Olaf for last nights session, it is only the car not the track I was fighting with :)! Thanks all for the fun race!

I really enjoyed this one, these WTCC Cars a such a pleasure to drive. I love this little BMW so much.
The combination of this track with these cars was certainly a test, very easy to make big mistakes here, and there would be lots.

Qualified ok in P2 behind Ries who was clearly on his own in this field.

Race 1. Once again I made a hash of the start and bogged it down horribly, I always do that in the BMW E30. Wasted my good qualy by immediately dropping towards the tail and most everyone seemed to pass me. I clearly had the race pace over many in front but passing was very difficult, so tried to be patient and wait for the expected mistakes. Slowly moved forward, but the leaders had cleared out. I enjoyed some great battles all throughout the race, also shared some huge offs too (one classic late in the race in front of Cam who must have smelled a pass but didn't quite make it through). Even Ries must have had an off as I gained some time near the end, but then I went off myself (again). Finished P2 in the end, the best I could expect.

Race 2. Started down the back, and as usual botched the start as Ries rocketed away leaving me for dead (must find out how you do that Ries). I was luckier this time as a few cars came to grief entering the long straight and I jumped to P3, and had some great laps exchanging places with Piotrek and Ries as we each had turns in the lead. I managed to skip away a bit, and with Ries caught up with Piotrek for a while, was able to increase the lead. Then I made a huge nooby mistake, missed the second last turn and headed bush, miles off track. I slowly and carefully rejoined the track waiting for Reis and Piotrek to pass but they weren't there. It seems they also had incidents. I was totally dis-oriented for a while wondering what was happening, made some more nooby mistakes, and eventually Ries caught me, passed, and cleared off into the distance. Had a pretty quiet race from then on to finish P2 again.

Grats to Ries, on a class of his own, and well done to Cam for two podiums too.

Great to have some new drivers join us, hope you enjoyed it and will join us regularly.
Very disappointing turn out from the Aussies though, I hope it was just because it was Australia day today and you were all celebrating. :beer::beer::beer:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back