RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

A very enjoyable clean hard fighting night in the mini's.

Practice and quali was a little of a mixed bag for me as I just couldn't replicate my offline pace which was a little frustrating, which in turn translated into an even slower lap time. Got back into the groove a little towards the second half of qualifying and managed to stick it into 9th with 30 seconds left on the clock with a 1.07.427. With the exception of Pole sitter Ben who put in a blinding 1.06.775, 2nd to 14th were all in the 1.07's so I was going to be close at the front.

Race: For me it was an absolute blinder of a start for a change. I made up 3 places off the line and was tucked up behind Dave for the first lap until he pitted for his S&G which put me up to 5th by the time I crossed the line.

I then spent a good few laps trying to hang on to the guys in front but they were just way to quick for me. I came under intense pressure first from Danny who slipped by me after I ran wide at T1 then Dietmar. This carried on for a few laps, then suddenly we were passing Lee who was recovering from a roll in the final twisty bit. This made an already tense chase even more exciting as Lee had amazing traction and set about passing Dietmar then myself. A couple of laps after that I let Dietmar pass me, as I had a poor exit from the hairpin and not knowing exactly where Dietmar was,decided to conceed the place rather than wrecklessly try to defend the inside of the corner.

After some time Lee must have gone off track as suddenly he was in front of me fighting with Steven P. Had a good racing with them for some laps, Lee got pass Steven than I was fighting with Steven. Really good! Close racing, but at some point he let me pass, at least my impression, was I pushing unfair?

No mate, just good clean pressure. I hope my defending was OK with you and Lee?

After that it was a case of keeping it together until the pits, Dietmar pitted a lap before me and I had a nice clear track to get a good inlap in. Pit went perfect and noticed just as I was pulling away Dietmar coming in again, unlucky mate.

This brought me out 9th about 5 seconds behind Neil whom I managed to reel in. We had a bit of hairy moment passing a back marker, when Neil had to take a mighty swerve (nice reactions) which enabled me to get closer for the long run down to T1 with an extremely late brake (you might have got a credit card between us, just) and then an excellent drive out of T2 and passed on the inside of the fast chicane. Managed then to just slightly increase the gap every lap and got into a nice steady rhythm to see me through to the end and a 4th place finish, which I was well chuffed with.

As mentioned in other post some excellent blue flag moments by those being lapped, a great club racing night by all.

Congrats to podium, Gary, Lee and Ryan (nice to see you back) thanks to Andrew for a classic Mini night, and all the RD racers for an enjoyable evening. :handshake:

yet another Mini-tastic night.

practice - things were looking good, could easerly get into the 1:07`s and did a PB of 1:07.5 putting me 4th.

quali - did a nice 1st flying lap of 1:07.4 and new i could go faster but just couldn`t string another good lap. my split times were good enough for a 1:07.1 but i just couldn`t nail the final sector. times were that close .2 would have jumped me about 6 places. but it wasent to be and i got 12th.

race - i couldn`t put the disapointment of quali behind me and was nervouis on the grid, but made a flying start and was 8th at t1. lap 2 following danny he ran a little wide and i folowed but clipped the gravel which pulled me onto the grass and i dropped down to 14th. kicking myself and trying to hard i then ran off at T1 loosing another 4 spots. then Andy turned turtle at the last turn and i couldnt avoid him lost both bummpers and suspension damadge my car was a nightmare to drive, but it was to early to pit so plodded on.
decided with 50mins to go to pit, by this time i was down to 18th and a lap down on half the field, caught Groucho and after a few attempts managed to pass him and get clear of the blue flags, Paulo ran wide at T1 so that was an easy un lapper.
a few laps later and i was on Groucho`s tail once more but this time on the same lap and eventualy got past, but with only 20mins or so to go i pushed as hard as i could but the gap to Bob wasent shrinking much, my tyres were now badly worn so after the 2nd tyre warning and only 40% left on my fronts i backed of a bit and came home 7th.
with the pace i had in practice i should realy be disapointed with 7th, but had a great nights racing some top fights and also very clean so am happy just to have been involved.

cheers Andy for picking such a nice track and RD for hosting it :in-love:

• Andrew Evans

then Andy turned turtle at the last turn and i couldnt avoid him lost both bummpers and suspension damadge my car was a nightmare to drive

meant to mention that - forgot after the mare evening i had - but totally sorry dude, i thought i'd rolled onto the grass and so left it to let the car right itself... i had no idea i was the firing line until i got smacked.... :rain:

quali did not went great , but that i expected a it was the first time on this track , just one day before and i did not exell at this track , qualied 16th or something.

Then the race ... the start i had was supurb , i moved forward as a arrow, and in first few laps i was in top 10 , and at one point even 6th i belief , but i could not mannage to keep up the pace and got in battles from behind , i also held up a whole train of guys. started making mistakes and got totaly oout of focus ... i picked it up and started racing good again , but then i span andf hit the wall hard wrecking all my car .

and Paulo , no worries mate , was nothing serious there :D well be friends :D

WOW . Amazing race :bananajump:
Nice fights with Matt , saw when tou went to gravel to avoid me :yo: then with Paulo ...
Time for pits and i was about 15 sec. behind Paulo . Did pit without any problems ( i don't use the automatic pit ) , While pitting i saw Bob getting in 5 sec . after me and ... he got out 2 sec. before me :shocked: . Nice Kamikase strategy Bob :clap2:
Back to the track i was surprised by Matt and Paulo behind me again :der: and once again let´s battle for position . :dance:

Then an intense 30 min. fight with Paulo without any contact :good:.
Between , remember when me and Paulo were side by side in T3 and there was 2 slowly cars in front and i had to brake and Paulo waited for me in the next turn :clap2::clap2: . That´s my friends is what i call the RD SPIRIT .

Many thanks to Andrew and keep cuming the " minute tracks " . They are perfect to Minis :Banane35:

• Rich Cookson

my X1900Xt graphics card has died, am now on a 6600 and it dont do GTR evo to save its little life. So could you please unsign me - I can't play it :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back