RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Quali: Definitely my weakness; 9th

Race 1: Took to the grass to avoid hitting a slow starter in front (it's a narrow grid!), so that was two places before turn 1! Gained another two places out of turn 2 as the SEATs collided. Which was nice :) Settled into some steady laps, but on lap 4 (I think), I got a wheel on a single blade of grass out of turn 4, caught the slide, went off the other side, took out the 150m and 50m boards for turn 5 (sorry; I'll pay for new ones!), and lost two places. Gained two back through DFlips, two more when @Nelson Ullinskey and @Wayne Mitten made mistakes. Then, just two laps from the end, I brake way too late into turn 4, and let them both back past! :cry:
I really should have had 4th, but I guess 6th isn't too bad.
My mechanics weren't too pleased they had to remove all that polystyrene. I promised them beer; they didn't mind so much after. Funny, that...

Race 2: Starting 3rd, got @Dennis Phelan into turn 2, and @Reggie Blain Snr out of turn 2... leading! WOO! Could I take my first RD victory just two days after my first RlyR victory? Well... no; I'm not that quick :) I battled and eventually lost out to @Matthias Klein, then @Björn Golda (took three laps for him to pass me; proper good scrap!), @Nelson Ullinskey (who got through way too easily :(), and finally @Daniel Linder (beautiful move into turn 2 btw ;)). Still, 5th is a good result to go home with :)

Many many hours of practising and in the middle of the race I lost connection :mad:

The GTC's do have similar brake points, so it wasn't all in vain if you signup for Thursday's event :)

However, this one was indeed great fun - to my surprise, I turned out to be the only one in the Lada, would've thought more people would choose it as it's the only model "completely new". Sure, the TDI's a whole different car, but it's still a Leon.. the Cruze is pretty much identical, but this blocky thing on wheels.. was a fun drive, actually!
I already had the setup done yesterday, so I focussed on getting some speed - got up to P1 in the practice sessions until @Matthias Klein turned up ;) But still, the Lada was doing better than expected. Going into quals with low fuel, I got P2 and went on to practice starts throughout warmup.

Turned out it was worth it - started fairly well and could keep both @Daniel Linder and @Oscar Hardwick behind me:
iDq97iM.jpg

That wasn't for too long, though, as Oscar got drafting and went by in T2 - I hadn't hit the best line through it, but fortunately, managed to keep Daniel behind me.
evaGeQa.jpg

In the aftermath, I could build up a small gap to Daniel - however, so did Oscar. While he didn't just blast away (like Matthias did ;)), it became apparent it would take an error or two from him.
2iSEiBF.jpg

I hadn't quite finished that analysis when he clipped the grass edge into the carousel and went off - up into P2 it was. With Daniel lurking a few seconds behind me, I concentrated on getting constant laps in and brought it home!
btne0pS.jpg

Starting from 7th position, I got off the line rather good once more - but so did everyone else. Apart from Daniel's offroad adventure, no positions gained for now. Going through T2, @Nelson Ullinskey and @Dennis Phelan went into the gravel, however.
krXXXQv.jpg

Approaching and passing through the following turns, the pack of Matthias, @Reggie Blain Snr and @Wayne Mitten had a small mass-bump, though all of us could continue without problems - I think there was a fair bit of lag involved, as well.
N3c9Nz4.jpg

Going into T2 a lap later, I got by Wayne and went on to hunt down Matthias and @Dave Morley, who was now in P1. Thankfully, he put up a great fight which resulted in both me being entertained watching it and getting closer :D
bw8EVJ6.jpg

Soon enough, however, I got to Dave's bumper myself and once more, he showed impressive defensive skills - we had a great for quite a few laps (sorry for that small bump after T4!), all while Nelson was slowly coming closer. Naturally, it was quite a relief when I got by through T1 after Dave ran a bit wide.
E47948u.jpg

Nelson got by Dave far too easy afterwards, but couldn't quite reduce the gap considerably, so it was another P2 for the glorious Lada! ;)

Thanks for racing, everyone - see you Thursday?

EDIT: Don't know whether anyone else besides @Dennis Phelan was interested, so I'll just post it here - there's a flag in R07's .PLR file that allows you to reload newly arrived cars by stopping or going offroad instead of heading back to pits.
By using this, I'm just heading into the nearest gravel pit or exit whenever there are 2 or 3 cars awaiting loading and I'm not on a good lap instead of losing track time or aborting a 20-minute-pseudo-race-stint :)
All you have to do is open up the .PLR file over at %USERPROFILE%\Documents\SimBin\RACE 07\UserData\<YOU>\<YOU>.PLR and change this value to "2":
Code:
Delay Join Loading="2"
(you could also set it to "0" in order to always load new cars immediately. However, this is likely not a good idea as there will be a short freeze for every car loaded, even on today's machines!)

Soon enough, however, I got to Dave's bumper myself and once more, he showed impressive defensive skills - we had a great for quite a few laps (sorry for that small bump after T4!), all while Nelson was slowly coming closer. Naturally, it was quite a relief when I got by through T1 after Dave ran a bit wide.
Don't worry about the bump; good thing about FWD is you just counter-steer and floor it! :)

As usual, a very great and fun event. :thumbsup:
Although I struggled a bit with my setup this time.
Through the whole P1 and P2 session, after 2-3 laps, my left tire were constantly on fire :confused:
I were never able to figure out why that was the case.
Towards the end of both races, even my right tire were constantly in red state :cautious:
This lead to me, losing both speed and grip, so I were never able to put up much of an fight.

Race one, I'll started in 4th, and had fairly good start. But nothing I could really take advantage off.
Spent most my time looking at the rear of @Björn Golda while he was slowly creeping away.
On lap 5 @Oscar Hardwick went off, so that gave me the 3rd place.
All the way to the finish.

Race two, I'll started in 6th place, and had a fairly good start again.
I had little to much confidence, and went along-side @Wayne Mitten in T1, but since I were on the outside, my left rear tire touched the grass, and I spun off. I still had some momentum, so I could get back on track, pretty fast, although, now in last place, I had some catch up to do. First pass came already on the same lap in T2 when both @Dennis Phelan and @Nelson Ullinskey went off. Second pass came on the same lap as well, when @Aleksander Pienkowski decided not to pull up any fight at all.

On the second lap, @Reggie Blain Snr moved out of the way, so not much of a hassle there.
Starting to feel a slight hope, that I'll could maybe catch up to the others, I started to push a little harder.
Not long after, I were soon right behind @Wayne Mitten, and it seemed he struggle a little. In a few corners he slided wide, but there was no opportunity to pass. At one time, I tried, but miscalculated my own speed, so he took it back. But on the lap after, I passed him using draft on the long straight.
However, I were already starting to suffer from tire wear, so I couldn't really get away from him.
So just a few clicks later, he were soon at my back, and unfortunately, I couldn't get my car to stop, and went a little wide, in a corner, so I guess he saw an opportunity to pass me again, but since I also were still on track (just little off, from the racing line) he bumped me, and I received a suspension damage.

At this point Nelson passes us both, and I also noticed that my steering went out of the window, so it took a lap or two to get used to it. On lap 9, I managed to catch @Dave Morley, but since my steering, and tire wear, were a big factor, I didn't dare to try anything until I absolutely were sure I could succeed.
It came on lap 10, when I once again used draft to get along side him. He defended though, but I were determinable, so I passed him in T2, and went up to 4th place. In which I also finished in.
So overall, I ended up 3rd!

Cheers and hope to see you guys on Thursday!

Last edited:
Through the whole P1 and P2 session, after 2-3 laps, my left tire were constantly on fire :confused:
I were never able to figure out why that was the case.
That reason is Anderstorp ;) I got the left front tyre up to 120°C in practice, a bit lower through the race - thankfully :D
Don't worry about the bump; good thing about FWD is you just counter-steer and floor it! :)
I'll often add in a good measure of downshifting to get RPMs up - don't know why, don't know whether it makes sense, but it works ;)

I tried the Lada and the TDI out but a setup car in the garage is worth two in the bush they say and so I stuck with an old GTA Alfa from '06.

R1: I got thru T1 alright on L1 only to get to the last corner in the wrong place and that set myself up to careen across the track and luckily NOT take out Nelson and another driver. Bad news is it put me back quite a bit. For the rest of the race I was looking ahead at a nice race but couldn't get close to enjoy it, my mistake ruined any chance fore a close run. Then the bad news came, I was going to be on the front row for R2, OK I took it this time, but I wasn't happy.

R2: I couldn't get a nose on Reggie on the front straight, didn't matter as Dave got us both on the inside at T2! Of course, I never made it thru T2 as a bump took me to the gravel and it took a while to get going. On the road again and a one mistake, two mistakes and I was doing nothing but bumbling around. I just carried on until Snr gave em the call that he was running into trouble so I just kept putting the foot down to eventually get close. At least that made any other mistakes worth while.

We'll be running this lot of cars again so go out and do some testing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 348 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%