RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

I spent time in an Aston and it was quite fun. Only four of us for the race, down to three after the first lap and then about L6 we lost another oh boo hoo! :( It just isn't a race with only two on the track.

It wasn't a pit stop race but, having presets does help when you run into trouble.

Track limits.. Adelaide has some unique track limits.. What is the policy, always between yellow lines or real life? There's two corners where yellow lines are not respected in reality but there are high curbs and dark tarmac patch. IMHO, in those two corners, it's the dark patch that defines the track. If you go over that, it's a clear violation.

Example one : At the limits, anything over this not acceptable. I ended up there following the dark tire marks and you can see that the trackbuilder has made the line like this, it joins seamlessly to the line to next corner. This is the first of those two corners.
0rLVR7s.jpg

Example two: All four tires never go over the curb completely. Certainly this can be allowed?
wbi5jht.jpg

And finally, the always controversial first chicane, there one often has to cut a bit to avoid accidents. At the very least, drivers should not try to avoid cutting at the very last moment but are required to lift or stay in gear until the next corner. Otherwise we could have 50% DNF rate if we try at very last moment to stay within the lines.. This example is, IMHO the limits, anything over this and you have cutted. Inside the car, i couldn't tell if it was a cut or not, i knew it was close..
iJ3OvRt.jpg

In other tracks, there is no questions what is cutting and what is not. In Adelaide, there is safety issues plus those two corners where the line is made outside yellow lines and AFAIK, they use at least very similar driving lines than what i presented. There's also fun factor involved, if we go "all four tires inside yellow lines", the track becomes very frustrating, the flow is just horrible. And i can't honestly trust each and everyone to respect those lines; they are drawn in to the track so one easily starts to follow the darkened tire marked lines..

edit: made a video, remembered to keep lap time "secret"..

Last edited:
It is a very difficult track for that Kennett and thanks for bringing it up.

The first chicane: RD rules should be followed here, two wheels on track at all times and if you "think" you went further, just hesitate on pouring it on to catch the driver in front of you. If I were watching everyone to count line crosses, the picture shown would be a close call and I'd say that if you were not cutting much in the race it's OK but if you were cutting all the time, this is another one.

For the other two, at the top of the hill exiting the right hander and at the entrance to the back straight: I try to keep all four wheels off of the huge curb in both corners and treat them like walls. OK, I'm slow but it makes it easier for me to drive. Simply, you should not be driving to go over the curbs but mistakes are made. What can you do if there is a mistake? Ease off the throttle for a second or make some attempt to not take the advantage if you git behind the curb.

Worst case is someone that just aims to miss the track for the sake of a fast lap and I would expect that a driver would be turned in for completely disregarding the track boundaries when he does it consistently IN ANY CORNER.

After the curbing and down the back straight: No problem going over the white or yellow lines, go as far as you like.

So, I understand that mistakes will be made. Kennett has pointed out a reasonable limits, ones that RD Club has imposed before. I'm not worried about the mistakes, its outright disregard for track boundaries that goes beyond the limit that I do not want to see. When it.disturbs a driver that's being beaten up[ by it aggressive driving and bad behaviors will commence and the racing becomes a mess. Lets keep that from happening.

Dennis

Thanks for the clarification. I agree that all tires over the curb is excessive, at least lift is expected afterwards. I was a bit concerned that if we go really strict, it's totally not fun anymore, those two corners have a certain flow following the guidelines you stated. There is not a lot of time to gain there anyway. In the first chicane you can literally cut over a second.. I not going to try to overtake there on the inside, just way too dangerous for that.

Still working on the BMW setups and still a way to go there.

R1:Everything fine until the almost last lap and a tap on the wall gave me a flat tire, aero and suspension damage. Made it to the end.

R2: Too much damage on L1 to continue, I would have been coming out of the pit just in front of the leaders, not fair.

Still working on the BMW setups and still a way to go there.

R1:Everything fine until the almost last lap and a tap on the wall gave me a flat tire, aero and suspension damage. Made it to the end.

R2: Too much damage on L1 to continue, I would have been coming out of the pit just in front of the leaders, not fair.

Sorry for the lap one incident Dennis. I just tapped your rear and got you sideways. I held off for you to recover then got a nudge from behind, resulting in you being pushed into the barrier a little hard.....

Thanks guys it was great fun!

R1: Nice start then a bad manoveur on the chicane i kissed the wall but keep p3 then David pushed me from behind at a brakeing zone tehn hit the wall had an damaged supsension, so my pace was off..:/ never the less after i caught David, i chased him a few laps then he made a mistake. in a few laps i caught Mert as well, but i wasnt able to pass coz pur pace was similar, finish was really close.

R2: Nice start again, then a bunch of lonely lap, until Justin has arrived, after some laps he passed me but it was jsut the begining of an exciting battle until the finish:)

PS: David, there are some rules.... im not angry or anything, but you cut the first chicane in every lap in R1, and that gave you a big advantage aprox 0.2-3sec in every lap . I bet You would be mad if someone does the same and take advantage of it and pass you or something like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.5%