AC GT Championship Race #3 @ Spa - Sunday 28th November 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Great battle with jens and Thomas, not sure exactly what happened, both jens and Thomas I think went for a splash and dash.
That Rotter Jens got to far away for me to do anything about that plus had a lot of bad luck with most of the GT4 cars, which cost me a lot of time. But “hey ho” that’s how it goes sometimes.
Great event as always Brian @Interslice
And a special well done to Tim on his first win.:)

And sorry to see what happened Colin , saw you dump out of the server.
:-/

Great race. Super chuffed to get a first win, I realised it was on when I pitted and came out in front with 12 mins or so left and 4 sec gap. Sounds like I had a bit of luck if Brian and Michael had an off though but I will take it.

Congratulations Aki.

I got no drama with GT3s and had all clean passes. Thank you.

It is a year this month since my first race here in this club and finally I see a win percentage on Sim GP after 49 races. Thank you Brian for organising as usual and also Chris and Han for the many events I have enjoyed here over the last 12 months.
It was clear your evolution along the last races. No surprise here. Very well done! Keep it up!

Horrible race for me despite the nice battle with Taj. I've got a new rig this afternoon to replace my worn G27. With loadcell pedals and direct drive steering wheel. I was really struggling with brakes (sorry Chris for that moment in the Bus Stop) and throttle. I was about 1,5s slower than with my G27.
And on top of that I had an incident with a GT3 that did an overtake just before Eau Rouge so we both couldn't take the turn on the raceline and we hit and went off. It was the lap in which I was trying the overcut on Taj but after that our battle was over. Pity, why not wait for the straight for an easy and safe pass?

Anyway, congrats to the podium, especially Tim for his first win. It's nice to see you making progress everytime. :thumbsup:
I hope that I get more used to the new rig in the events on Tuesday and Wednesday so I can get my pace from the G27 back for next Sunday.
See you all then!

Last edited:
Horrible race for me despite the nice battle with Taj. I've got a new rig this afternoon to replace my worn G27. With loadcell pedals and direct drive steering wheel. I was really struggling with brakes (sorry Chris for that moment in the Bus Stop) and throttle. I was about 1,5s slower than with my G27.
And on top of that I had an incident with a GT3 that did an overtake just before Eau Rouge so we both couldn't take the turn on the raceline and we hit and went off. It was the lap in which I was trying the overcut on Taj but after that our battle was over. Pity, why not wait for the straight for an easy and safe pass?

Anyway, congrats to the podium, especially Tim for his first win. It's nice to see you making progress everytime. :thumbsup:
I hope that I get more used to the new rig in the events on Tuesday and Wednesday so I can get my pace from the G27 back for next Sunday.
See you all then!
I feel your new kit pain. What wheel base did you go for?

Anyone thinking new kit will make you instantly faster is probably going to get disappointed until a period of relearning. Took a while to get used to a load cell.

I also got new rig and pedals last week and I didn’t have much time to practice. Even though the old pedals was with loadcell also, it takes a little time to get used on a new set. 650s is new car for me and needs a lot of time to get the setup decent at different tracks.

Those things made it a real struggle for me, I feel that there wasn’t even one solid lap in the whole race. I made stupid +0,5-1sec mistakes every lap and it was pretty frustrating.

But the result was still good, P3. I had some nice battles with Jens for few laps, great driving mate. I have been really enjoying this Championship concept, I hope that there will be more of them.

Congrats @Aksu for the win and great driving!

Last edited:
This was my first time back in the rig for a week, after what I initially thought was flu turned out to be Covid :confused: ! Hopefully, I am on the mend now after a few dodgy days but it seems like it may have affected my left foot :rolleyes: as I punted Hans-Peter at the start of lap 4 going into La Source! Sorry Hape, my error:redface:.

I waited for Hape to get going and all the GT3 field went by, but the Z4 was working well and I soon caught up to Richard in the GTR. Richard was a bit quicker in places but I was gaining in confidence in the braking zones and turns. We had a good battle for several laps but I managed to get by into Les Coombes. So Q8 and a P9 at the finish was better than I could have expected under the circumstances.

Congratulations to Aki and especially Tim on his first win in the GT4 class, well deserved mate, impressive stuff in the Maserati.:thumbsup:

Thanks to Brian for organizing and the GT4 guys for making passing clean, I am halfway through self isolating now and looking forward to Assen.:thumbsup:

It was awful for me, got pinged off track by a GT3 car that was trying to get back after a spin at la source. Up until that point the back of the GT3 pack had a lovely fight for the first few laps.

After smashing into the barrier I gave up, it would just be hot lapping with myself from that point on and the car that pinged me off didn't stop or say sorry. Though I suspect there was some sort of server lag, on my end he wasn't besides me yet during the race yesterday, but I looked at the replay and he was solidly there though the car had no reaction from the hit. So hoorah for server shenanigans! The other driver must have never noticed me going off into the distance.

See you all then!
I followed you in practise and you looked like a different driver, so I figured something was different.

I would guess that load cell pedals and a DD wheel is unlikely to make you slower once you get the feel of it all.. Not such good news for the rest of us :D.

It was looking to be a another great race at Spa. It's always a track I look forward to. However, this was not one to be excited about. I was able to qualify "not last!" and was looking forward to the battle for p12. All was looking good for the first couple of laps and I managed to gain some places due to others mistakes.

got pinged off track by a GT3 car that was trying to get back after a spin at la source. Up until that point the back of the GT3 pack had a lovely fight for the first few laps.
I was a part/victim of this as well. After watching the replay I misjudged the person's movements and thought they'd stay where they were...I was going for the inside of La Source...they turned and that was my race. Decidedly at the back of the GT3 field once Richard got by. I was looking forward to the race Casper would have been fun.

Not much pace after quali for me...I think I lost my rhythm after the collision. Ah well, at least it was better than not racing! :D

Thanks for hosting @Interslice and Congrats to the podiums!

Belated race report.

Had a great battle with @EireGreen™ for almost the whole race. Just couldn't get the overtake done.
I tried the undercut but came out just behind again 2 or 3 laps later. Sorry for the punt in the kink, i didn't realise you were needing to lift there at the entry. Glad it was only me thay spun!

Congrats to @Fiberoptix on the first win. Well deserved and a great job getting the undercut from P3 to P1.

We are racing at assen this weekend and it is shaping up for good one, at the best track in Holland ;) See you on there or the next one :)

GT Multiclass @ TT Assen https://beta.simracing.gp/events/4ID45CAFnbBGMJ-gtYI91

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 357 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 251 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.9%
  • < 5 years