GT5 GT Academy 2013 Starts Now

RaceDepartment

Administrator
Staff
[youtube]
The 2013 GT Academy competition started at 08:00 GMT (10:00 CET) today, 2nd July on an exclusive downloadable demo of the new Gran Turismo 6 game for PlayStation 3.

The challenges, that could open the door to a real life racing career with Nissan, remain open until Sunday, 28th July at 22:59 GMT for GT Academy competitors, while the demo itself will remain available to play until 31 August.

GT Academy 2013 is expected to be the biggest yet, with more countries participating and the allure of a first glimpse at the exclusive GT6 demo making it more attractive than ever for racing driver hopefuls to have a go. The innovative co-operation between Nissan and Sony Computer Entertainment has attracted more than two million entrants since its inception in 2008, and created a number of successful racing drivers now competing for Nissan in top-level international motor sport.

Click here to join the GT Academy 2013

For more information on Gran Turismo 6 visit our dedicated forums and watch and share your favorite game videos in our media gallery.
View the Post on the Blog

Agree completely with you Marcin
Although it was very early this morning, (6am), and I may have been a little bleary eyed but I wouldn't have known I was playing GT6 over GT5 at all.

Graphics are the same although there are slight handling tweaks which may mean I need to alter my GT2 set up to accommodate for the extra 'wobble' i get from minute touches on the steering wheel.

I will be playing with fingers crossed to get a real international race seat, but after that, I doubt I'll be getting the game...

I was about 0.5s off each best time when I tried, wasn't drifting or going sideways though. But that isn't my problem.

1. I'm having difficulty judging the car, feeling what its doing. I don't find it very predictable and I'm just having trouble driving the thing consistantly enough to put it all together. With that said I don't feel I need to be going sideways around this track to get a top 50 time.

2. My brake pedal has a bit of rub and sometimes it will stick when I dont want it, lost a lot of attempts because of this, wish they would let me put some bloody deadzone on it.

I won't bother with the competition though, not enjoying/feeling it enough when driving the car. No doubt the times will keep dropping as people put in thousands of laps/attempts until the stars align.

Still no Fanatec wheels support... = disappointed.
My wheel (PWTS) results extremely heavy, the fan start to run after few minutes! I don't want to damage my wheel, so I can't run GT6 (or GT 5.5??) till its developers will strive to make a decent device support.

Can´t you adjust the ffb strength and activate active steering?

I have strong and 5 in ffb strength on my 320 mm rim and it works fine. Steering work a lot better now I suppose I get 900 degrees now and more steering lock so I can be a bit smoother.

Still no Fanatec wheels support... = disappointed.
My wheel (PWTS) results extremely heavy, the fan start to run after few minutes! I don't want to damage my wheel, so I can't run GT6 (or GT 5.5??) till its developers will strive to make a decent device support.
My csr elite/custom uber pedals work fine on it. I mean, u have to plug the ps/2eeerrrrj-45 thingamabob in to your wheel, and then a usb cable from your wheel (which is easier said than done the way i have it mounted)instead of using a separate USB connection for both the wheel and pedals. But then again doesn't ms use that antiquated proprietary infra-red connection for the soon to be incompatible but officially licensed wheel hardware, as well as degrade the granularity of the pedals' signal the same way the ps3 does. I suppose the Xbox compatible and licensed wheels are technically "supported" by forza, but there is less customization for the fanatecs on FM4 than gt5/6 because MS forces all racing wheels to use the same xid interconnect, hardware controller driver, and API as the comparably simple MS "wireless" (infra-red) wheel whereas GT5 supports just about any hardware you can throw at it because of the non-proprietary interconnect it uses. This allows basically any pc sim racing hardware to be used as long as it is based on one of the 3 commonly used controller drivers that almost all racing sim hardware uses as long as said hardware can be connected via a singly USB port.
Basically, what I'm trying to say is, fanatec based their wheel hardware drivers on the G25's so all you have to do is turn it on, plug in the USB cable, hit select and the tiny button next to select and the set up the button mapping as if it were a g25.

How sad is it that the fake sim GT 5.1 is used for this and no real simulator?
The idea itself is great but if you have to drift around corners and use handbrake to be fast on Silverstone, it's ridiculous.

Agreed, watched a hotlap of the quickest UK driver and it was just ridiculous. As a simracer for the last 4 years, it was just an impossible style for me to adopt. Would really love to see these guys try drive a real racecar like that.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 148 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 281 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing