AC GT-4 @ Laguna Seca Wed Feb 27th 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
US Assetto Corsa events are back! I am happy to announce that Race Department is now able to offer US time zone friendly Assetto Corsa events once again. I have partnered up with a long time sim racing friend @Gelly916 to host these events. As of now we will be racing on Wednesday nights starting at 2100 (9PM) EST. The first official race event will be held on Wednesday the 6th, however we will be doing a casual "shake down" on this Wednesday the 27th.

screenshot_ks_maserati_gt_mc_gt4_monza_-jpg.268307

Please reply in this thread and come join us this Wednesday 2/27 so we can discuss what direction we want to go in with these events, have a few laughs and turn a few laps. We are going to keep it simple this week and start off with standard Kunos content, but expect to see mod content from RaceDepartment used going forward.

These are social events and our objective is for everyone to have fun and to foster close racing. Don't worry if you are not a top level driver, we are here to help. @Gelly916 and I have a lot of experience in both sim and real life racing and we are happy to help get people up to speed. Our goal is to put fun first and competition second, there are plenty of places to compete but this venue will serve members who are looking for a community that is focused on fun clean racing.

Eligibility: You must be a PREMIUM member. You must also be using your FULL REAL NAME in any of the RD servers, on Teamspeak, in Assetto Corsa and on this board.

Join us: Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well.

Server and Teamspeak Password: click here (TEAMSPEAK IS MANDATORY )

To Join the team speak just Click "teamspeak" in the blue bar at the top of this page, join the assetto corsa chat channel once in TS.

Teamspeak Installation Guide: click here
(Handy guide to setup teamspeak)
Tracks, Cars, Apps Installation Guide: click here (Handy guide to install non AC content)
Racing Club Rules: click here
Incident Reporting: click here

Practice Server: RaceDepartment.com US Practice #1
Race Server: RaceDepartment.com US Wed

Cars: DLC will be required to participate in this event. If you are a very fast driver we encourage you to use the Lotus 2-Eleven as its a little slower than the other 2 cars and will make for closer racing with the less experienced members. Think of this as a balance of performance and is optional for the shakedown.
  • Porsche Cayman GT4 clubsport (paddle shift) DLC Porsche Pack 1
  • Maserati GranTurismo MC GT4 (paddle shift) DLC Red Pack
  • Lotus 2-Eleven GT4 (sequential shift)
Race Hard But Race Fair - RESPECT Your Fellow Driver

Track:
Laguna Seca
Layout: N/A
Track Temps: 28c
Track Conditions: Mid Clear

Pitstop: None
Driving Assists: ABS / Traction Control
Jump Start: = Drive Through
Fuel consumption = 100%
Tire consumption = 100%
Damage rate =20%
Tire blankets = on

Highly Recommended App: Helicorsa 0.7B Download
Highly Recommended App For VR
: Top/Center Flags Download

Server Title: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM US WEDNESDAY GT4 Laguna Seca
To find server search "racedepartment"

Schedule (US):
Wednesday 2/27
Race#1
Practice: 21:00 EST (30 minutes)
Qualifying: none
Race: 21:30 TEST (20 Minutes)

Race#2
Practice: 21:50 EST (30 minutes)
Qualifying: none
Race: 22:20 EST (20 Minutes)

Entry List :
  1. @scottiedawg66 - Race Host - Lotus 211 GT4
  2. @Gelly916 - Race Host - Lotus 211 GT4
  3. @churchlady - Porsche Cayman GT4
  4. @Bobby Pennington - Maserati GT4
  5. @Angeltheartist - Maserati GT4
  6. @newbert - Porsche Cayman GT4
  7. @cobretti - Porsche Cayman GT4
  8. @jven - Maserati GT4
  9. @Dennis Phelan - Maserati GT4
  10. @demetri - Porsche Cayman GT4
  11. @Lucky2O4F - Porsche Cayman GT4
  12. Free slot
  13. Free slot
  14. Free slot
  15. Free slot
  16. Free slot
  17. Free slot
  18. Free slot
  19. Free slot
  20. Free slot
  21. Free slot
  22. Free slot
  23. Free slot
  24. Free slot
***tagging previous participants***
  1. @Bobby Pennington
  2. @sheb white
  3. @kevin kennedy
  4. @InsaneOzzie
  5. @CptAsian
  6. @Dennis Phelan
  7. @By-Tor
  8. @Neal Ches
  9. @Dirk Steffen
    1. @Jaime Carretero
    2. @Tennracer
    3. @Sean
    4. @Benee
    5. @FernandoAFM
    6. @Captain Condescending
    7. @Kurupt CDN

Last edited:
I have been waiting for the US AC events to come back. I am a complete newbie to online racing, and also pretty bad at sim racing in general (don't really have time to get better). But I am more than happy to give it a try if you will have me!

Come on out! We can get you up to speed. I highly recommend watching the video series from iracing.

I'd recommend that you take the Porsche for this event, its pretty balanced and has TCS / ABS.
I'm pretty much in the same boat as Churchlady. I've just gotten back into online racing the past 2 weeks after being away for years..... So, I'll take your advice. Sign me up with the Porsche, please!

Bert

I'm pretty much in the same boat as Churchlady. I've just gotten back into online racing the past 2 weeks after being away for years..... So, I'll take your advice. Sign me up with the Porsche, please!

Bert
Hmmm......I don't believe that the Porsche Cayman is standard Kunos content. At least I don't see it listed in my available cars and I have a number of DLC packages installed......

Well, I guess that's one DLC that I don't have. Perhaps you can clarify that in the race announcement? I assume I'll need to have Porsche Pack 1 even if I choose to drive the Maserati then?

Also, I assumed that when you said this shakeout would "start off with standard Kunos content", I took that to mean only stuff "out of the box" (ie - cars/track which are included with the bare minimum original game).

@newbert I have updated the thread and will include those details in the future regarding DLC. One shortcoming with AC is all participants in online races need all the content even if they are not driving it. (IE yes you will need the Porsche even if you don't drive it)
The Maserati is also DLC (red pack) so make sure you also have that one.

This does not apply to the SOL + shaders patch so we might explore time cycle in the future without alienating folks who are not into Content Manager + shaders + SOL.

@newbert I have updated the thread and will include those details in the future regarding DLC. One shortcoming with AC is all participants in online races need all the content even if they are not driving it. (IE yes you will need the Porsche even if you don't drive it)
The Maserati is also DLC (red pack) so make sure you also have that one.

This does not apply to the SOL + shaders patch so we might explore time cycle in the future without alienating folks who are not into Content Manager + shaders + SOL.
I'd like to join you guys on Wednesday, so maybe I'll pick up Porsche Pack 1. (I already have the Red Pack). I'll let you know in the next 24 hours.

Thanks!

Porsche pack 1 Its worth it for the 911 RSR '74 alone at $5. Not to mention the visceral 917/930 with 1100 to 1400 hp depending on boost pressure!

Looks like all 3 porsche packs are $11 on steam right now I'd go that route if you dont have any of these already.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 106 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 147 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 279 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 407 40.0%