AC GT-4 @ Laguna Seca Wed Feb 27th 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I want to say a big "Thank You" to Scott and Alex for starting this back up for the US and running the event last night. It was my first time doing an online race and everyone was kind and helpful. It was nerve-racking for me because I didn't want to crash into other drivers or accidentally block them. The funny thing is when other drivers come up to me, I immediately started worrying what to do, ended up not paying attention to the road in front, and a couple of times ended up off the track :).

I know with some more races under the belt, I will get more comfortable and not worry as much.

Thanks again and looking forward to the next one!

Welcome to my world, Ben! Although I raced online fairly regularly years ago, I stopped for about 10 years before just recently picking it up again. I wasn't very fast back then and I'm even slower now, so I know what you're saying about losing focus when someone comes up behind you. That will get better for you (and hopefully for me as well).

You did great for your first online race! Like you, I'm brand new to this group and also appreciate the welcoming environment everyone provided.

@newbert @churchlady so glad we could get you to come out. It's more fun when you find people at similar pace to race with.

How comfortable are you two with using mod content (cars and tracks hosted here at RD)in assetto corsa?

Totally comfortable. I am actually a techie. This is the funny thing. I spent more time installing mods and skins than actual racing. Basically, when I have an hour or two to play on rare occasions, I ended up trying to catch up on all the new skins/mods out there and spent all my time installing it, with no time to do any driving. Repeat the cycle.

I think part of the problem is when I am presented with 30 tracks, hundreds of cars, I am a bit overwhelmed and have no idea which car to race/try on what track. I don't know much about real racing and cars in general (learning a little bit at a time though).

It would be great to give us beginners enough lead time to get familiar with the track and cars before the online gathering. Even to learn a little bit about the history of the track, what's unique/tricky about it, and how best to drive it on our own.

Lastly, it seems to me there is still a lot of things (pitstop/fuel, car setup) that I have no clue about. Right now, I just get on the track and just drive. Do I have to pit and when? What are all the gauges and how to read them? It would be cool (if the group can spare the time) to go over one topic at each online gathering.

Looking forward to the next one!

sounds good, based on this I am going to add the ginetta, the event post is up for next wednesday. I encourage people to sign up quickly as it helps encourage others to sign up seeing a good grid / participation shaping up :)

as for pit stops, dont sweat them . we are not going to run events that require pit stops at this time.

for practice I recommend hot lapping, running around and chasing your ghost to improve your times. seat time is the only way to improve.

Last edited:
Totally comfortable. I am actually a techie. This is the funny thing. I spent more time installing mods and skins than actual racing. Basically, when I have an hour or two to play on rare occasions, I ended up trying to catch up on all the new skins/mods out there and spent all my time installing it, with no time to do any driving. Repeat the cycle.

I think part of the problem is when I am presented with 30 tracks, hundreds of cars, I am a bit overwhelmed and have no idea which car to race/try on what track. I don't know much about real racing and cars in general (learning a little bit at a time though).

It would be great to give us beginners enough lead time to get familiar with the track and cars before the online gathering. Even to learn a little bit about the history of the track, what's unique/tricky about it, and how best to drive it on our own.

Lastly, it seems to me there is still a lot of things (pitstop/fuel, car setup) that I have no clue about. Right now, I just get on the track and just drive. Do I have to pit and when? What are all the gauges and how to read them? It would be cool (if the group can spare the time) to go over one topic at each online gathering.

Looking forward to the next one!
Ben - You sound exactly like me! I have to have all the tracks and cars, but then spend more time on here and viewing Youtube sim videos than actually driving on the track!

Great minds think alike! :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back