• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

US GT-4 @ Laguna Seca Wed Feb 27th 2019

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Racing Club & Leagues' started by scottiedawg66, Feb 25, 2019.

Added to Calendar: 27-02-19
  1. scottiedawg66

scottiedawg66
    Race Events Host Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +78
    Yup

2. cobretti

cobretti
    Premium

Ratings:
    +6
    hope i can make it for first race here on RD - please sign me up in porsche for now

• Like Like x 2
  3. scottiedawg66

scottiedawg66

Ratings:
    +78
    Practice server is up, had 5 of us in there tonight great times, made a few tweaks to server configuration. See yall wednesday. Don't be shy! come on out and lets get these events going.

quick teaser replay from our shake down of the shake down this is gonna be fun.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  4. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,897
    Even though it would only be for a day, might be good to add this to the RD Calendar.

• Like Like x 2
  5. newbert

newbert
    Premium

Ratings:
    +63
    Just ran a few laps offline in each car at Laguna - I've never run any of these cars anywhere before (ie - no experience with GT4's....) The Porsche and Maserati are too uncontrollable for me - big-time understeering with uncatchable (for me, at least) snap oversteer.

So, although I'm not a fast driver by any means, please put me in the Lotus, which I can halfway control. I like it's expansive view from the cockpit too.

And since this is only a shakeout and not cutthroat competition, does anyone have a decent setup to share for any of the cars? Or tips on what to adjust to specifically reduce the understeer?

Oh - and one other question: Why can I not choose different tire compounds for any of these cars? First time I've come across that>

Looking forward to tomorrow! Thanks!

6. scottiedawg66

scottiedawg66

Ratings:
    +78
    @newpert Can you hop in TS and the server in about 2 hours?

7. newbert

newbert
    Premium

Ratings:
    +63
    Uh Oh! I'm already in need of a good "talkin to"! Sure - That would be 10pm EST, right?

• Haha Haha x 1
  8. DucMan888

DucMan888
    Premium

Ratings:
    +429
    I have only logged a few hours on AC and not familiar with how the DLC works. Do I need to buy all DLC that will be running, or only the pack in which contains the car I will be driving. Also does AC use Mods from sources not affiliated with AC, and is Laguna Seca one of them?

9. newbert

newbert
    Premium

Ratings:
    +63
    You need all the cars - even those you will not be driving.

And AFAIK, Laguna Seca came with base game, no?

I hope this helps.

• Beer Beer x 1
  10. scottiedawg66

scottiedawg66

Ratings:
    +78
    Hahaha I was only looking to help get you up to speed a bit. Let me know if you can make it on at 10 PM est. No worries if u cannot

11. scottiedawg66

scottiedawg66

Ratings:
    +78
    Newpert is correct. You will need any dlc used in events even if you are driving a non dlc car.

Look at steam the season pass *might be the most cost effective route. The factory content is amazing and worth every penny. Sadly the stock content is so lacking we will be using DLC for sure going forward.

• Beer Beer x 1
  12. newbert

newbert
    Premium

Ratings:
    +63
    Yeah - I'll be there. Just be patient as I sometimes have difficulty with TeamSpeak.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. DucMan888

DucMan888
    Premium

Ratings:
    +429
    • Beer Beer x 1
  14. scottiedawg66

scottiedawg66

Ratings:
    +78
    @newpert I will be in the ac channel. Ts should be as easy as clicking team speak in the top blue race department banner, then entering the password when prompted. See you in a few

15. newbert

newbert
    Premium

Ratings:
    +63
    OK - I'm on, Scott

Bert

16. Tbear

Tbear
    Premium

Ratings:
    +482
    Thanks so much for taking this on and best of luck going forward. I would have liked to participate but I am still recovering from shoulder surgery and the Doc's tell me I'm out for another 6 weeks. I'll be watching from the sidelines and hopefully can join you all sometime in April.

• Like Like x 2
  17. churchlady

churchlady
    Premium

Ratings:
    +20
    Okay, I think I have everything setup for tomorrow. I am not sure if I have to adjust the settings below on my end or if it is set by the server automatically. And if I have to do it on my end, where do I go? I am using Content Manager. Please advise and thanks in advance.

Track:
    Laguna Seca
    Layout: N/A
    Track Temps: 28c
    Track Conditions: Mid Clear

Pitstop: None
    Driving Assists: ABS / Traction Control
    Jump Start: = Drive Through
    Fuel consumption = 100%
    Tire consumption = 100%
    Damage rate =20%
    Tire blankets = on
    Track: Laguna Seca
    Layout: N/A
    Track Temps: 28c
    Track Conditions: Mid Clear

Pitstop: None
    Driving Assists: ABS / Traction Control
    Jump Start: = Drive Through
    Fuel consumption = 100%
    Tire consumption = 100%
    Damage rate =20%
    Tire blankets = on

18. scottiedawg66

scottiedawg66

Ratings:
    +78
    you can just join the practice server as you like its all set up for you, but that looks correct :)

19. jven

jven
    Premium

Ratings:
    +30
    Previously I had bought the Ultimate Edition, but even at 50% off the Season Pass is currently a lot cheaper. Since we're mostly moved on from AC in some ways, maybe the Pass is better. But if we get some good for West Coast events going, I might be joining regularly if I can keep up. People will be racing AC on servers 20 years from now.:D

• Beer Beer x 1
  20. jven

jven
    Premium

Ratings:
    +30
    I'd like to come in with that great sounding Maserati if I make it home in time. :cool:
    Thanks much for putting this together, I'm West Coast, too. :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.