AC GT-4 @ Laguna Seca Wed Feb 27th 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Practice server is up, had 5 of us in there tonight great times, made a few tweaks to server configuration. See yall wednesday. Don't be shy! come on out and lets get these events going.

quick teaser replay from our shake down of the shake down this is gonna be fun.

Last edited:
I'm pretty much in the same boat as Churchlady. I've just gotten back into online racing the past 2 weeks after being away for years..... So, I'll take your advice. Sign me up with the Porsche, please!

Bert
Just ran a few laps offline in each car at Laguna - I've never run any of these cars anywhere before (ie - no experience with GT4's....) The Porsche and Maserati are too uncontrollable for me - big-time understeering with uncatchable (for me, at least) snap oversteer.

So, although I'm not a fast driver by any means, please put me in the Lotus, which I can halfway control. I like it's expansive view from the cockpit too.

And since this is only a shakeout and not cutthroat competition, does anyone have a decent setup to share for any of the cars? Or tips on what to adjust to specifically reduce the understeer?

Oh - and one other question: Why can I not choose different tire compounds for any of these cars? First time I've come across that>

Looking forward to tomorrow! Thanks!

I have only logged a few hours on AC and not familiar with how the DLC works. Do I need to buy all DLC that will be running, or only the pack in which contains the car I will be driving. Also does AC use Mods from sources not affiliated with AC, and is Laguna Seca one of them?

I have only logged a few hours on AC and not familiar with how the DLC works. Do I need to buy all DLC that will be running, or only the pack in which contains the car I will be driving. Also does AC use Mods from sources not affiliated with AC, and is Laguna Seca one of them?
You need all the cars - even those you will not be driving.

And AFAIK, Laguna Seca came with base game, no?

I hope this helps.

Newpert is correct. You will need any dlc used in events even if you are driving a non dlc car.

Look at steam the season pass *might be the most cost effective route. The factory content is amazing and worth every penny. Sadly the stock content is so lacking we will be using DLC for sure going forward.

Thanks so much for taking this on and best of luck going forward. I would have liked to participate but I am still recovering from shoulder surgery and the Doc's tell me I'm out for another 6 weeks. I'll be watching from the sidelines and hopefully can join you all sometime in April.

Okay, I think I have everything setup for tomorrow. I am not sure if I have to adjust the settings below on my end or if it is set by the server automatically. And if I have to do it on my end, where do I go? I am using Content Manager. Please advise and thanks in advance.

Track:
Laguna Seca
Layout: N/A
Track Temps: 28c
Track Conditions: Mid Clear

Pitstop: None
Driving Assists: ABS / Traction Control
Jump Start: = Drive Through
Fuel consumption = 100%
Tire consumption = 100%
Damage rate =20%
Tire blankets = on
Track: Laguna Seca
Layout: N/A
Track Temps: 28c
Track Conditions: Mid Clear

Pitstop: None
Driving Assists: ABS / Traction Control
Jump Start: = Drive Through
Fuel consumption = 100%
Tire consumption = 100%
Damage rate =20%
Tire blankets = on

Thank you @newbert and good luck @scottiedawg66 with the league.

Previously I had bought the Ultimate Edition, but even at 50% off the Season Pass is currently a lot cheaper. Since we're mostly moved on from AC in some ways, maybe the Pass is better. But if we get some good for West Coast events going, I might be joining regularly if I can keep up. People will be racing AC on servers 20 years from now.:D

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 480 38.9%