GSCE v1.21 Bug report thread

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios
Please concentrate your bug reports for v1.21 on this thread.

If you may please elect to adapt the following report form below:

Track & Layout Used:
Car Used:
Applicable Settings:
Report:
Steps to reproduce:

Ex:

Track & Layout Used: Montreal 88
Car Used: Formula V12
Applicable Settings: n/a
Report: After losing front wing the car gets airborn above around 100mph.
Steps to reproduce: Crash and lose front wing, drive fast ;)

For any difficulties related to installing, running or setting up the game which are not necessarily bugs in the software, please use the v1.21 release thread.

Please allow time for us to test, verify and rectify the issues. We might not reply to you right away but rest assured if you posted here, we will have read it.

Avoid repeating reports by trying some recommended solutions below to known problems:

Measures to try regarding the various CTDs / crashdumps:

1-Run GSCSync again or install from the RAR update packages, make sure you have the lastest GSC.exe;

2- If you had mods installed, try deleting your Gamedata\Shared folder and running GSC Sync again to restore the v1.20 shaders (refer to the note regarding issues with 3rd party mods & tracks in the opening post GSCE V1.20 Released).

Regarding stuttering:

-Try deleting your USERDATA\LOG file, and creating a fresh player profile (PLR);

Regarding shadow flickering issue:

- Try creating a shortcut to GSC.exe and add -fullproc to the command line, performance will be worse but it might prevent the issue from happening.

Only happens during practice, or all sessions?
We have not verified if it happens in the race, when the championship is about to start, so we have made a mod based on the Formula Extreme and we removed the eighth gear waiting for a patch. All participants in the championship did not know GSC and have purchased a license and were enthusiastic about GSC. So to avoid problems we solved it at the time.

Just to add some more info re the tyres on the Formula Extremes.

It seems the AI correctly use one of the two tyre compounds specified in the gdb for their first stint, but they do not use the other one, instead they always revert to the yellow soft tyres for their second and third stints, even if it is not specified in the gdb.
So for example, if the gdb says (2,3) which should be medium and hard, the AI use their medium to start with (35 laps or so), then switch to yellow soft (22 laps).
This would be ok if I could choose the same compound, but I am unable to do so, as the choice in this example is medium and hard.

If however, I add a 0 (yellow) to any of the choices in the gdb, then the AI stop using two compounds and revert to using yellow tyres exclusively - (I have tested this by recording their sector and lap times for every compound, so regardless of the tyre colour I can tell pretty well which compound they are on at Interlagos).

I hope this is of some use. Again, I appreciate it might be a WIP but it would be helpful to have this confirmed either way.

For now it seems it is best to use only 0 (soft) compound in order to match with the AI.

Hello @Keith Windsor , solve the problem of the tires?
In SilverstoneGP the .gdb is set to 2,3 (Medium and Hard) and the race only compounds that can use the AIs also begin with the correct compound, but the first stop, AIs soft tire swap (yellow), what can be wrong? Thank you.

Is there something odd with championship mode and points? Just did the first race of a championship in the formula vee and the results were a bit odd.

I got pole position in qualy, but messed up the race badly and finished 8th. However, at the end there was 1st place with 13 pts, 3 of us including myself with 10 pts, and 3 more with 3 pts with the rest 0. How are the points supposed to be distributed?

Last edited:
Hello @Keith Windsor , solve the problem of the tires?
In SilverstoneGP the .gdb is set to 2,3 (Medium and Hard) and the race only compounds that can use the AIs also begin with the correct compound, but the first stop, AIs soft tire swap (yellow), what can be wrong? Thank you.
It's not something I can fix, I reported the bug & I think Reiza are working on it. In the meantime I get round it by setting tyres to (0) so they just use a single (soft) compound. Not as good as having two compounds, but it fixes the problem and allows good racing for now.

Ich habe mir gerade GSC gekauft, ich möchte es installieren, bekomme aber nur 1 Setupexe und die restlichen 4 als VLC Mediaplayerdatei, was ist das jetzt, wie bekomme ich es installiert??

I just bought GSC, I want to install it, but get only 1 SetupExe and the remaining 4 as VLC Media Player file, what is it now, how do I get it installed ??

Track & Layout Used: Spielberg (historic and Austrian GP)
Car Used: all
Report: The track doesn't load and when I press ESC the game notifies me that a crash file has been created. This problem happened only after I updated the game to v1.21. As I have seen that other guys have had the same problem on this forum, I deleted all the file and then run the GSCSync, I have a lot of mods, but even if delete them, the game still doesn't load some tracks (Spielberg is just an exemple).... So I need help ^^
Steps to reproduce: Try to run on of the track I mentionned

Thank you :)

Track & Layout Used: n/a
Car Used: Opala
Report: "reiza02.rfm" is missing the "SeasonScoringInfo" entry, so every car is assigned 0 points after the end of the race. Looks like I'm the first one to actually run an offline Opala championship :)

Steps to reproduce: trivial, run an opala championship and check points after first race
Solution: copy "SeasonScoringInfo" from "reiza01.rfm", not sure about historical accuracy though.

Track & Layout Used: n/a
Car Used: Opala
Report: "reiza02.rfm" is missing the "SeasonScoringInfo" entry, so every car is assigned 0 points after the end of the race. Looks like I'm the first one to actually run an offline Opala championship :)

Sorry to say that has been a bug for a while now. Did you try adding the seasonscoringinfo that you mention? I seem to remember I tried and it still didn't work but I might be mistaken about that.

Hate to point this out @Reiza Studios, but I first reported this almost a year ago, it must have slipped through the net ;)

(post #70 in this thread: http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/gsc2013-v1-10-bug-report-thread.78022/page-4#post-1584028)

Yes, I tried it and in a way it worked, but revealed a much more severe problem:
Championship points are now assigned, but I noticed that from a recent patch (1.15 or newer) in all series, championship points calculation has a bug. Points are awarded kinda twice. One for the race that you ran, and another probably random race, because the awarded points are almost double.
For example in V8, where first place is 24 points, the top guy after the first race is around 42-46, so probably he was 3-5th place in that imaginary race that is added to the score. After doing the fix from my previous post, exactly the same happens to the Chevy Opala chapmionship too. Oh and need to mention that the wrong scoring isn't because of my fix, I noticed some strange scores earlier too, but didn't pay attention, since I was running GSCE casually in the last couple months. I use vanilla GSCE 1.21.
I'm sure the scoring was okay around 1.10-15, because I ran a couple V8 seasons back then.
Reiza Studios, please check about this, since GSCE is such a great game, it would be a waste not to be able to play offline championships.

EDIT: I also tested Formula Truck 2013 and the scoring is fine there, so it probably isn't a problem on my side.

EDIT2: Uninstalled, reinstalled 1.15 and it's fine. Updated to 1.21 and championships are wrong.

EDIT3: temporary solution: use 1.21 and replace gsc.exe with an older one (i have 1.15 locally). Not the neatest solution, but if you want to run offline championships... Running fine, even displaying v1.21 but do this at your own risk, since I don't know what else changed in the executable in the meantime.

Last edited:
Yes, I tried it and in a way it worked, but revealed a much more severe problem:
Championship points are now assigned, but I noticed that from a recent patch (1.15 or newer) in all series, championship points calculation has a bug. Points are awarded kinda twice. One for the race that you ran,

Don't worry, Reiza are aware of the championship scoring problem so I hope we'll see that fixed in an update soon

In a brief analysis, I noticed that the points championship in each round are given by the results of qualifying and the race. This problem discourages me to do championships...
Hopefully next update, solving this problem, Reiza also enables two races and championships with inverted grid (top 10 race 1) as real StockCarBrazil2014.

Track & Layout Used: All
Car Used: Stock Car 2013 and 2014 (probably others too)
Applicable Settings:n/a
Report: I cannot use my own skin on a championship. I created a new team with two new drivers and skins for both. The skins work as it should on test and single race, but they do not load on championship, leaving the car with a plain red skin, only with the number 12 on the windscreen. I've messed with everything I could and found no way to fix it, so, I think it mighy be a bug. Not sure if it couldn't be done before 1.21, and, sorry if this isn't a bug and we're not meant to use custom drivers on championship. (If that is the case, sorry for bothering you guys)
Steps to reproduce: Create a new team, with custom drivers and skins. Start a championship and select the custom driver.

Some prints to show the issue:

GSC%2B2014-11-13%2B22-11-21-744.jpg

GSC%2B2014-11-13%2B22-11-33-325.jpg

GSC%2B2014-11-13%2B22-11-50-344.jpg

Track & Layout Used: different
Car Used: different

I am not sure if my graphic issue started with 1.21 or may be already with 1.20.

Anyway, each time I want to run GSC I get a white bar running done the screen. I have this in the menu and more enoying in-game. I looks like a rendering problem. It appears and disappears, but driving is not possible. IN the meantime I completely deinstalled the game and removed everything, downloaded the 1.21 version and reinstalled. Same again. I changes graphic settings, but nothing helps. It was not there before 1.20, to be careful.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 334 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 225 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 170 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 289 13.4%