GSCE v1.21 Bug report thread

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios
Please concentrate your bug reports for v1.21 on this thread.

If you may please elect to adapt the following report form below:

Track & Layout Used:
Car Used:
Applicable Settings:
Report:
Steps to reproduce:

Ex:

Track & Layout Used: Montreal 88
Car Used: Formula V12
Applicable Settings: n/a
Report: After losing front wing the car gets airborn above around 100mph.
Steps to reproduce: Crash and lose front wing, drive fast ;)

For any difficulties related to installing, running or setting up the game which are not necessarily bugs in the software, please use the v1.21 release thread.

Please allow time for us to test, verify and rectify the issues. We might not reply to you right away but rest assured if you posted here, we will have read it.

Avoid repeating reports by trying some recommended solutions below to known problems:

Measures to try regarding the various CTDs / crashdumps:

1-Run GSCSync again or install from the RAR update packages, make sure you have the lastest GSC.exe;

2- If you had mods installed, try deleting your Gamedata\Shared folder and running GSC Sync again to restore the v1.20 shaders (refer to the note regarding issues with 3rd party mods & tracks in the opening post GSCE V1.20 Released).

Regarding stuttering:

-Try deleting your USERDATA\LOG file, and creating a fresh player profile (PLR);

Regarding shadow flickering issue:

- Try creating a shortcut to GSC.exe and add -fullproc to the command line, performance will be worse but it might prevent the issue from happening.

Disappearing AI Cars...

AI cars (in front) disappear the farther away they are down the track. When entering a turn (or as I catch up to them), they reappear. Visible cars is set to max in the settings.

I have the latest version of GSC...AMD cards (6870 in crossfire)...video options maxed out.

Track & Layout Used: Any
Car Used: Formula Vee
Applicable Settings: Options - Display - "Ultra" setting, AA Max.
Report:

Hello.
When I was editing and testing a custom livery for Formula Vee, I noticed the textures on the body look a bit blurry compared to the other classes' cars.
If it's possible to tweak this and to make the liveries look sharper and beautiful like other classes' cars, it would be really appreciated.
Thank you. :)

(Screenshots: Starting Grid @ Brasilia - Default #69 Olivier Gombeaud livery & Custom livery WIP)
gsce_f11.jpg

Last edited:
Track & Layout Used: Any
Car Used: Formula Vee
Applicable Settings: Options - Display - "Ultra" setting
Report:

Hello.
When I was editing and testing a custom livery for Formula Vee, I noticed the textures on the body look a bit blurry compared to the other classes' cars.
If it's possible to tweak this and to make the liveries look sharper and beautiful like other classes' cars, it would be really appreciated.
Thank you. :)

(Screenshots: Starting Grid @ Brasilia - Default #69 Olivier Gombeaud livery & Custom livery WIP)
gsce_f11.jpg
Turn up your anti-aliasing.

Turn up your anti-aliasing.
Thanks for your reply, Troy.
I forgot to mention about AA setting, sorry. Of course, I tried with AA max. :)
(I've edited my post above.)

This may be a matter of ".gmt" setting as far as I know.
I'm glad if this info helps, and the Reiza staffs can check it and set the best value to fix this.
Thanks again. :)

Last edited:
I'm getting great fps with v1.21

but I seem to have a problem: I'm starting all my races against the AI in first place even though I've chosen in the race options to start in eleventh place in a grid of ten AI.

This problem arrived after the 1.21 update (I didn't have the problem with 1.20)
I've found a semi-solution to this. If I choose to race 7 AI and choose my starting place as eighth, then I start at the back of the grid.

You wouldn't believe what the "GSCE 1.21 locking my system" issue ended up being (fingers crossed).

CSPV2s plugged directly into my wheel base via RJ11.

Using USB and no problems so far.

I have a feeling they were in an incorrect port, the total system lock not only coincided with 1.21 testing but also with my CSW return from Fanatec support. Also only showed up in GSCE.

Who would have guessed on this (again fingers crossed) causing such a problem.

Edit: Still going strong.

Last edited:
I ran a fresh install from 1.15. Then fresh update to 1.20. Im currently updating to 1.21, but before that I am getting this when selecting a 125cc shifter kart and pressing the arrow button to start the race/test session. The loading bar only gets a small little sliver and when I Alt Tab back to desktop this is waiting for me.

FWIW - The update to 1.21 fixed this.

Attachments

• mas file.png
    mas file.png
    5 KB · Views: 263
Last edited:
Bug report - tyres.
Spielberg/Interlagos
Formula Extreme
Single race 100% distance
Ok I realise the tyres might still be a work in progress, but just to report, if I set compounds 2,3 in the gdb, the tyres appear to work correctly, i.e. the AI do stints of 36 laps and 22 laps. (although tyres remain yellow through race).

BUT if I set 0,1 in gdb (as Spielberg setting), the super-soft tyre is NOT used. The AI use yellow tyres for all three stints i.e. 20 laps each time.

If I set gdb to 1,2 or 1,3 the AI start on red supersoft tyres and do a 10 lap first run (which seems correct) but then always revert to yellow tyres for the following stints (20 laps each time).

If you need any specific tyre tests done, I would be happy to oblige :)

Last edited:
Is the fix this? http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Nvidia FPS Fix

I tried the Wombat made dll from the link I listed: with this dll installed, GSC-E fails to load, crashing prior to the Reiza intro 'movie' and writes a dump file. Can someone please confirm this dll works with Windows 8.1 x64 :)

I found several other dll files in an old rFactor thread on NoGrip that were supposed to be better than the original Wombat file:
  • Techade's d3d9.dll (suggested Niels at Home), and
  • version 2 of Wombat's d3d9.dll. At 301kb, it's a lot larger than the rFactor Central hosted dll. It also writes a log each time GSC is run.
They fix the low frame rate in the pits issue - the problem is sitting at the back of a 33 car grid at Spielberg Historic results in frame rates of 39 and 40 respectively. :(

I then used the Windows 8.1 d3d9.dll, found in the System32 folder. Running the F-Vee cars, the minimum fps was 100 sitting at the back of a 33 car grid. No pitlane fps issues either.

Using the same dll with the 2014 Stock Cars, the fps were as high as 427fps during qualifying and a minimum of 187fps at the back of a 33 car grid which matches or exceeds the frame rate with the dll that ships with GSC-E. It's the same story for Mini's, F-Reiza and F-Extreme. Frame rate issues are non-existent for all cars other than the F-Vee.

hey travis. is there any chance u could upload that dll please for us non w8 users?

Just to add some more info re the tyres on the Formula Extremes.

It seems the AI correctly use one of the two tyre compounds specified in the gdb for their first stint, but they do not use the other one, instead they always revert to the yellow soft tyres for their second and third stints, even if it is not specified in the gdb.
So for example, if the gdb says (2,3) which should be medium and hard, the AI use their medium to start with (35 laps or so), then switch to yellow soft (22 laps).
This would be ok if I could choose the same compound, but I am unable to do so, as the choice in this example is medium and hard.

If however, I add a 0 (yellow) to any of the choices in the gdb, then the AI stop using two compounds and revert to using yellow tyres exclusively - (I have tested this by recording their sector and lap times for every compound, so regardless of the tyre colour I can tell pretty well which compound they are on at Interlagos).

I hope this is of some use. Again, I appreciate it might be a WIP but it would be helpful to have this confirmed either way.

For now it seems it is best to use only 0 (soft) compound in order to match with the AI.

Bug report:
Formula Extreme
The lap display on the steering wheel is showing only the first digit of the lap number (so for example lap 27 is shown as 2, lap 35 is shown as 3 etc).
Note - there are two types of steering wheel, the problem is on the one with the display actually ON the wheel.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back