GSCE v1.21 Bug report thread

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios
Please concentrate your bug reports for v1.21 on this thread.

If you may please elect to adapt the following report form below:

Track & Layout Used:
Car Used:
Applicable Settings:
Report:
Steps to reproduce:

Ex:

Track & Layout Used: Montreal 88
Car Used: Formula V12
Applicable Settings: n/a
Report: After losing front wing the car gets airborn above around 100mph.
Steps to reproduce: Crash and lose front wing, drive fast ;)

For any difficulties related to installing, running or setting up the game which are not necessarily bugs in the software, please use the v1.21 release thread.

Please allow time for us to test, verify and rectify the issues. We might not reply to you right away but rest assured if you posted here, we will have read it.

Avoid repeating reports by trying some recommended solutions below to known problems:

Measures to try regarding the various CTDs / crashdumps:

1-Run GSCSync again or install from the RAR update packages, make sure you have the lastest GSC.exe;

2- If you had mods installed, try deleting your Gamedata\Shared folder and running GSC Sync again to restore the v1.20 shaders (refer to the note regarding issues with 3rd party mods & tracks in the opening post GSCE V1.20 Released).

Regarding stuttering:

-Try deleting your USERDATA\LOG file, and creating a fresh player profile (PLR);

Regarding shadow flickering issue:

- Try creating a shortcut to GSC.exe and add -fullproc to the command line, performance will be worse but it might prevent the issue from happening.

Car Used: Formula Extreme
Report: DRS led

I'm not sure if it's a bug (probably not), to be honest, but there is no steering wheel LED notification about DRS on this type of steering wheel:
grab_013l2o70.jpg

while on the "Williams" and "Red Bull" type of steering wheel there is one:
grab_0164xrg6.jpg

@Reiza Studios

Yo,reiza, have you tweaked the cockpit camera position in v1.20/1.21 or smth ? I find myself readjusting my actual seating position much more than in v1.15. As if the view was offset, not centered. Smth was definitely changed,because it feels different than v1.15 to me. Fov maybe ? Any other values ?

Thx

Bug Report
Track & Layout Used: InterlagosGP
Car Used: Formula Extreme & Formula 3 tested, (possibly affects all cars)
Applicable Settings: AI 90%, Length type= % default, Race length 100%, championship or single race
Report: When I am in practice sessions, the race length is shown correctly at the top of the garage page. But when moving on to Qualifying session, the race length is now showing the number of laps in the qualifying session instead of race length - this changed from v1.20 onwards (I confirmed by checking back to my ver 1.15 installation - this always showed the correct RACE length in the garage, in ANY session, which is correct as it is necessary for adjusting fuel prior to the race).
Steps to reproduce: select above settings, no other steps needed, just look at top of screen in garage 1.

Track & Layout Used: Any
Car Used:Any
Applicable Settings: All Max except Shadows Med
Report: If you jump straight into a race without practice or qualifying regardless of what you set as your start position you all ways start in first. I have not tried every car/track combo, but every one tried so far gets the same result.
Steps to reproduce:

Since the update my wheel is shaking when car loaded into garage, obviously as realfeel loads. Gets real wonky and probably can dial it out but never had this problem before on 4 separate installs. Also not having this problem in other sims so it's probably not the wheel. Have a DFGT. Did a complete fresh install, with fully downloaded rar file, same thing. Thx
After dialing the ffb back everything is working fantastic so I'm guessing for whatever reason my ffb is stronger. Graphics are great stuttering gone. Seems everythings on the up. Thx for a great experience Reiza

Track & Layout Used: Spielberg Historic, Buenos Aires, Interlagos 1976, Canada
Car Used: Formula Vee
Applicable Settings: All graphical settings at maximum settings except for Shadows (High) and Shadow Blur (Off). 33 cars visable. New plr file created after 1.21 patch
PC Specs: i5 2500k @ 3.9 GHz, EVGA GTX680 SC, 8GB RAM, Win 8.1 Pro x64, latest Nvidia drivers
Report: Terrible frame rate at the above tracks whilst sitting in pits (sub 30fps); frame rate climbs once I've left pit area; terrible stuttering when cars racing in packs of 5 or more. No frame rate issues with different cars on same tracks; something amiss with Formula Vee
Steps to reproduce: Select any of the tracks I listed with the Formula Vee with a full 33 car grid and use the in-game frame rate counter (Ctrl+F) to watch frame rates

Exactly the same as the issues i have been reporting... The 100% gpu usage and low framerates in pits i have not been able to completely get rid of... But since i dropped the wombat dll fix for nvidia .dll in my gsc folder the stuttering is gone, even on full grids. I was discussing this in 1.21 release thread. I urge you to try that dll (can be found on rfactor central). Worked for me and a friend of mine, both running kepler gpus 680 and 780.

We are now running butter smooth on full grids, not a stutter anywhere.

But since i dropped the wombat dll fix for nvidia .dll in my gsc folder the stuttering is gone, even on full grids. I was discussing this in 1.21 release thread. Worked for me and a friend of mine, both running kepler gpus 680 and 780.
Is the fix this? http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Nvidia FPS Fix

I tried the Wombat made dll from the link I listed: with this dll installed, GSC-E fails to load, crashing prior to the Reiza intro 'movie' and writes a dump file. Can someone please confirm this dll works with Windows 8.1 x64 :)

I found several other dll files in an old rFactor thread on NoGrip that were supposed to be better than the original Wombat file:
  • Techade's d3d9.dll (suggested Niels at Home), and
  • version 2 of Wombat's d3d9.dll. At 301kb, it's a lot larger than the rFactor Central hosted dll. It also writes a log each time GSC is run.
They fix the low frame rate in the pits issue - the problem is sitting at the back of a 33 car grid at Spielberg Historic results in frame rates of 39 and 40 respectively. :(

I then used the Windows 8.1 d3d9.dll, found in the System32 folder. Running the F-Vee cars, the minimum fps was 100 sitting at the back of a 33 car grid. No pitlane fps issues either.

Using the same dll with the 2014 Stock Cars, the fps were as high as 427fps during qualifying and a minimum of 187fps at the back of a 33 car grid which matches or exceeds the frame rate with the dll that ships with GSC-E. It's the same story for Mini's, F-Reiza and F-Extreme. Frame rate issues are non-existent for all cars other than the F-Vee.

Last edited:
Exactly the same as the issues i have been reporting... The 100% gpu usage and low framerates in pits i have not been able to completely get rid of... But since i dropped the wombat dll fix for nvidia .dll in my gsc folder the stuttering is gone, even on full grids. I was discussing this in 1.21 release thread. I urge you to try that dll (can be found on rfactor central). Worked for me and a friend of mine, both running kepler gpus 680 and 780.

We are now running butter smooth on full grids, not a stutter anywhere.
gtx 660m increased 20 fps and as stated buttery smooth THX

Is the fix this? http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Nvidia FPS Fix

I tried the Wombat made dll from the link I listed: with this dll installed, GSC-E fails to load, crashing prior to the Reiza intro 'movie' and writes a dump file. Can someone please confirm this dll works with Windows 8.1 x64 :)

I found several other dll files in an old rFactor thread on NoGrip that were supposed to be better than the original Wombat file:
  • Techade's d3d9.dll (suggested Niels at Home), and
  • version 2 of Wombat's d3d9.dll. At 301kb, it's a lot larger than the rFactor Central hosted dll. It also writes a log each time GSC is run.
They fix the low frame rate in the pits issue - the problem is sitting at the back of a 33 car grid at Spielberg Historic results in frame rates of 39 and 40 respectively. :(

I then used the Windows 8.1 d3d9.dll, found in the System32 folder. Running the F-Vee cars, the minimum fps was 100 sitting at the back of a 33 car grid. No pitlane fps issues either.

Using the same dll with the 2014 Stock Cars, the fps were as high as 427fps during qualifying and a minimum of 187fps at the back of a 33 car grid which matches or exceeds the frame rate with the dll that ships with GSC-E. It's the same story for Mini's, F-Reiza and F-Extreme. Frame rate issues are non-existent for all cars other than the F-Vee.

Yeah. That's the file. I renamed the existing one to d3d9_2.DLL to keep compatibility (loads both files) then dropped the wombat file in there. But i run win7 x64 not win8. Win8 i believe uses emulation for parts of dx9 due to the new dwm... Maybe that could be reasons for crashing... But first try to rename original file and keep it in the folder...

Yeah... I renamed the existing one to d3d9_2.DLL to keep compatibility (loads both files) ...

Nothing to do with compatibility (no, "compatibility" will not load both files).

Wombat's dll has hooks that will allow another dll to be called/loaded from it. His recommendation (years ago) was to rename the existing dll as d3d9_2.dll.

@Travis Petrovic,

interesting result with 8.1's dll, there. So, if I understood correctly, with that dll (from system32) you got even better results?

Nothing to do with compatibility (no, "compatibility" will not load both files).

Wombat's dll has hooks that will allow another dll to be called/loaded from it. His recommendation (years ago) was to rename the existing dll as d3d9_2.dll.

@Travis Petrovic,

interesting result with 8.1's dll, there. So, if I understood correctly, with that dll (from system32) you got even better results?

Not "compatibility mode". I mean compatibility with possible additions that are in the existing file, thus i will not remove it but load that as well.

I don't know if this will help you guys, but, I always modify PLR file and cam files for the car I'm driving.

PLR tweaks:
[ Graphic Options ] section - change

Garage Detail="0.50000" >> Garage Detail="0.20000"
Extra Visible Vehicles="105" >> Extra Visible Vehicles="15"
Shadows In TV Cockpit="1" >> Shadows In TV Cockpit="0"

[ Game Options ] section - change

From whatever it is to:
Vehicle Removal="17.00000" // Seconds until stationary vehicle is removed from track
Debris Removal="10.00000" // Seconds until stationary debris is removed from track
Parts Duration="10.00000" // Seconds after parts break off before disappearing

Cam file - change
LocalCam=COCKPIT

LODMultiplier=(1.0000000) >> LODMultiplier=(0.5000000)

I have a much lesser system than most and get great frame rates and the game runs smooth as silk. Also don't forget to set Time Scale to none in game (Main Menu >> Options >> Rules).

I hope this can be of some help. I do love this game - Thank You Reiza.

FraPP!!!

Yes I did indeed and a few others who've tried the same dll have better results too. This is great because my post reads like bunkum to be honest.

Anway enough of the thread highjacking; let's get back to posting info for the Rieza guys and gals to look at.

Last edited:
I have 5 profiles created. Controller.ini, Multiplayer.ini, bookmarks, friends files are not in every one of these profile folders in Users/''profile name''.

Furthermore, there were profiles which contained the controller.ini file just yesterday, but now the file is missing from the folder. Ran GSync and no files are missing in my installation.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 358 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 244 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.2%