GSCE Road textures

I've been hammering RF2 for the last couple of week and I've got that how I want it. I've come back to GSCE and the road textures are a bit too sharp for me. Is there a road texture setting in any of the files so I can get them a bit more smooth looking. Cheers muchly

I *think* that it may be referring to the fact that in GSCE you can actually see the ruggedness of the asphalt (something like if the road were made by millions of dots grouped together). It's hard to explain, but you can see it more clearly when you tone up the sharpness of an image, it kinda becomes "pixelated".
I see this too, but it doesn't bother me, because racing tracks usually have very abrasive asphalt (at least in Brazil) in order to get better grip, and they actually look like GSCE. rF2 has "smooth" asphalt cover, more like a "normal road".
Depending on track, the effect is less noticeable if you have the sun at higher angles (next 12 o'clock).

I *think* that it may be referring to the fact that in GSCE you can actually see the ruggedness of the asphalt (something like if the road were made by millions of dots grouped together). It's hard to explain, but you can see it more clearly when you tone up the sharpness of an image, it kinda becomes "pixelated".
I see this too, but it doesn't bother me, because racing tracks usually have very abrasive asphalt (at least in Brazil) in order to get better grip, and they actually look like GSCE. rF2 has "smooth" asphalt cover, more like a "normal road".
Depending on track, the effect is less noticeable if you have the sun at higher angles (next 12 o'clock).
YES this is exactly it thank you Fernando!!

YES this is exactly it thank you Fernando!!
Well, Jim, if this is the case then, I guess that the only way to somewhat change it is to try some form of post processing, like SweetFX (blur effect or reduce sharpness). The problem is that this will in turn be applied over *all* the image, not only the track, and the results may be "less than optimal".
The "correct way" (Alex can confirm this) would be to apply different shaders or textures to the road - but this requires changing the track content - not to mention proper authorization, dealing with possible mp mismatches, and so. Unfortunately, I can't help because this is way off my skills.
Cheers.

Well, Jim, if this is the case then, I guess that the only way to somewhat change it is to try some form of post processing, like SweetFX (blur effect or reduce sharpness). The problem is that this will in turn be applied over *all* the image, not only the track, and the results may be "less than optimal".
The "correct way" (Alex can confirm this) would be to apply different shaders or textures to the road - but this requires changing the track content - not to mention proper authorization, dealing with possible mp mismatches, and so. Unfortunately, I can't help because this is way off my skills.
Cheers.

No that's fine mate thanks. It's not really a criticism of the graphics just a personal thing really. It doesn't stop me enjoying the game nd I didn't notice until I'd played RF2 a lot then came back to GSCE. On RF2, you can alter track texture with numbers i.e 5 is auto 1 and 2 make it more blurry and 3 and 4 make it sharper but I couldn't find that in the GSCE files but again it's not a problem just something I would have preferred.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back