Stock Car Extreme Mods (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ML2166

If quizzes are quizzical then what are tests?
Premium
Hey guys

Okay here are the skins created by me over the last few weeks.

38 in total, 19 Chevrolet and 19 Peugeot.

All completely fictional of course, but I hope you enjoy them.

I have given all the cars different numbers and names from the originals in game, so you should be able to run them alongside the original skins.

Pretty new to the modding aspect on the rfactor platform, and this is my first attempt.

Haven't found a way to have the game read a new RFM file hence the reason for the new numbers and names.

Hope you enjoy them........happy racing fellas!

;)

selectionpug.jpg

selectionchevvy.jpg

Chevrolet Part 1

Chevrolet Part 2

Peugeot's

s2173 submitted a new resource:

GSCE RANK - Spreadsheet ranking with benchmarks

View attachment 118944So, a thing I started doing basically for me, to have reason to keep improving. Its just a spreadsheet, made in Open Office Calc, but should work in any Excel, there are no macros, just formulas.

It has a list of tracks for each car, and benchmarks for each track. You run a time against the benchmark, write it in 00:00,000 format in the green square, and you get alot of statistics and graphs. If you don't have time on a track, it just adds 10 seconds to the...

Read more about this resource...

Benchmarks I generate with AI at 110%, qualify session, and then advance time. Their times get generated apparently some other way, because if I let them run the session, and don't advance time, they actually run much faster laps, 1 or 2 seconds quicker.

I have tested most of them, and they seem challenging to me... some might be even unfair, like the Formula V8 and the Superkarts, others might be abit on the easy side, like formula classic and formula Vee. Or I can just be good with certain cars and slow with others...

Not that it really matters, in GPL I had rank of -57 and most of my laptimes were 3 or 4 seconds below benchmark - that is there just for a milestone to measure your improvement. For now I wont change them, unless I find an obvious mistake.

Track lists, if you're wondering, are the championships for each class, as taken from the car RFM.

Please feel free to ask questions about modding for GSC 2013!

Please do not
  • post unfinished and / or finished mods in here, this thread is for questions only
  • push your request / repeatedly request the same if you don't get a reply
  • request mods, this is what the modding request thread is for
  • post your WIP mods, this is what the WIP thread is for
Please do
  • link to your mod in case you have a specific question and people have to check it out to understand
  • quote the person who asked the question if you answer it, that way they'll receive a notification
hi can i get mods for rfactor2 and put them on this game, if so please explain in detail :)

s2173 updated GSCE RANK with a new update entry:

Added rank value

A small update... Added benchmarks for Metalmoro and Stock Car V8. Also added a rank number on top for each class, because I realized, it was not completely clear what all that stuff is about.

The goal is to get your rank negative, or green. Tracks you dont have a time on give you 10 points penalty. The graphs show which tracks you can improve - more to the right and higher percentage means its more slow relative to the benchmark and your other records. Bars that are green are negative,...

Read the rest of this update entry...

hi so i have been using this mod and today when i loaded it up it didnt work when i was extracting the application (i do that each time i load it) and it just stopped extracting the folder when i reached the 'td85.ddl' folder. i use winrar. if anyone knows what is happening because im stuck

First of all thanks for your hard work Patrick and another great gem. :thumbsup:

Allow me to complain about the curb slipperiness, though. Did my first laps today with the F Reiza and it's not satisfactory. At least not in this car. Maybe the issue is only limited to this car, haven't tried others yet.

Anyway, in the videos below you see what happens. I'm coasting into turns here and the car just slips.
Surely this can't be right.

Thanks

Last edited:
hi so i downloaded mods incorrectly, theres a lot so i reinstalled them. when it loads it loads like rf1 and says and 'vf modding team' and then if i press anything it crashes and has done that be4 i reinstalled the mods (the mods are rf1 mods which i converted to gsce) any help appreciated

I honestly feel like curb slip is always a thing to be wary of in any Reiza Formula car in the bottom 3 gears under acceleration at the torque-iest part of the power range. Its always something that I learn to avoid tactically in these cars. I remember reading recently I think about Reiza acknowledging there are issues with curbs in the ISI engine.

You might also be asking too much of the car. If you watch onboards at this lap its not often you see them take as much curb as you tried to and the more curb taken the more often I see the driver sawing the wheel as a result.

@Jan Mikuž

I can drive all over the curbs in the F-R with the default setup and I don't notice any abnormal car reactions.

I am not setup to view flash video, so I am not sure which curbs you have issue with. (flash hater here)

The terrain variables are basically Reiza standard and the painted curb grip is set to 0.99 with main track at 1.00.

You could try to delete the HAT file and try again. Maybe your setup is bottoming out?

I now see the videos you posted. Thanks for choosing "flash free" heheh

This track mesh is well made and the terrain variables are GSC standard, I don't think there is any issue with the grip levels or the terrain reactions. To be sure I looked specifically at the curbs pointed out and checked the mesh again... I can't find any thing out of sorts.

One thing I notice is that when the car spins it is the outside wheel (not the curb side) that looses the grip and starts to slide, you can see it in the skid marks in both videos. If the curb was low grip, then the opposite skid pattern should be produced?

But the curb appears to be the one that causes/accelerates the rotation, oversteer...Anyway, I won't argue over this with you, since I'm not competent and don't have any modding knowledge whatsoever. :) And obviously you, being very familiar with the underlying software, checking it and finding no anomalies, it's safe to say that it is so.

One thing I notice is that when the car spins it is the outside wheel (not the curb side) that looses the grip and starts to slide, you can see it in the skid marks in both videos. If the curb was low grip, then the opposite skid pattern should be produced?

Well if we consider the idea of low grip being on the curb side and we see that the car yaws towards the curb that should mean that the tires on the pavement side have more grip and so will tend to rotate the car. In rFactor2 this is especially prominent when you ride the curbs and the grass in particular where you feel strongly that you need to turn away from the thing that's basically sucking your car towards the low grip side.

Generally I believe its correct and noticeable in all decent sims that the side with less grip/loss of traction is the side you yaw into, as in our friend's video examples.

I think a car will yaw into the direction of the turn if you loose grip in the rear tires at some point in the turn, and that is what we see here.

My point comment about the skids was to note that the tire on the lower grip curb did not skid slip first. (as the question was "is the curb grip too low".) I am not saying that the curb did not contribute to the spin... only that the tire on the curb did not appear to slip before the track side tire.

Even if the curb tire did skid slip first for some reason the car would yaw in the same direction as the turn.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back