Resource icon

Misc GSCE RANK 0.217

No permission to download

s2173

100RPM
Dec 29, 2013
s2173 submitted a new resource:

GSCE RANK - Spreadsheet ranking with benchmarks

View attachment 118944So, a thing I started doing basically for me, to have reason to keep improving. Its just a spreadsheet, made in Open Office Calc, but should work in any Excel, there are no macros, just formulas.

It has a list of tracks for each car, and benchmarks for each track. You run a time against the benchmark, write it in 00:00,000 format in the green square, and you get alot of statistics and graphs. If you don't have time on a track, it just adds 10 seconds to the...
Read more about this resource...

Barney68

75RPM
Feb 21, 2015
Thanks, I will have a look at this. Thanks for your efforts.
Where do you get your benchmarks from...actual real world timings or something else?

s2173

100RPM
Dec 29, 2013
Benchmarks I generate with AI at 110%, qualify session, and then advance time. Their times get generated apparently some other way, because if I let them run the session, and don't advance time, they actually run much faster laps, 1 or 2 seconds quicker.

I have tested most of them, and they seem challenging to me... some might be even unfair, like the Formula V8 and the Superkarts, others might be abit on the easy side, like formula classic and formula Vee. Or I can just be good with certain cars and slow with others...

Not that it really matters, in GPL I had rank of -57 and most of my laptimes were 3 or 4 seconds below benchmark - that is there just for a milestone to measure your improvement. For now I wont change them, unless I find an obvious mistake.

Track lists, if you're wondering, are the championships for each class, as taken from the car RFM.

s2173

100RPM
Dec 29, 2013
s2173 updated GSCE RANK with a new update entry:

Added rank value

A small update... Added benchmarks for Metalmoro and Stock Car V8. Also added a rank number on top for each class, because I realized, it was not completely clear what all that stuff is about.

The goal is to get your rank negative, or green. Tracks you dont have a time on give you 10 points penalty. The graphs show which tracks you can improve - more to the right and higher percentage means its more slow relative to the benchmark and your other records. Bars that are green are negative,...
Read the rest of this update entry...