GSCE on Steam and GID

Guys, there is no way of running GID with Steam?

I noticed that it will not run, because you need to rename the exe file.

I think I made a mistake, and should have bought the outside of steam game instead.

Any ideas? Should I try to get a refund from Steam?

Why ask for refund? GID was not developed by Reiza and there is no support for this.

How to run the GID you should rename the .exe also try on the "Library" steam change the pointing of the executable (right-click in the game and proriedades choice, then "Change" and point to the renamed executable). I do not use the Steam version, then it would be by trial and error.

Thanks for the tips. I don't know if there is a way to avoid Steam to check on the exe file. In any case, I will give it a go, although now I am wishing I would have gotten the offline version instead.

That plugin adds a lot of useful information. It would be a real shame if it cannot be used.

PS: Maybe I was not clear enough about the refund: that was just to go back and purchase the offline version.

Ok, I tried rfdynhud. It works, although not with the Metalmoro, for some reason. Also, it does not have the same info, and it is quite more complicated.

A fair replacement, although I am still convince the Steam way was sooo wrong. I should just had the normal offline version instead.

No, at the moment it doesn't work with the MetalMoro. Not sure why. I don't see how it is more complicated, you just open the editor and visually put what you want, far easier than all those shortcut keys and whatnot to set up GID if I remember GID right.

No, at the moment it doesn't work with the MetalMoro. Not sure why. I don't see how it is more complicated, you just open the editor and visually put what you want, far easier than all those shortcut keys and whatnot to set up GID if I remember GID right.

From my point of view GID is better cause for starters you don't need JAVA & you can config GID ingame.

but it really is a preference to the person using it.

So far I managed to get a layout on rfdynhud that kind of works. Sadly, I am missing some information I found very important, which is best sectors per session (and who did it) and personal best sectors, which it seems it is not available and I have zero JAVA skills to actually do it myself.

I think it would be a great idea to have something like this embedded into the game. For simulation purposes, it helps a lot to have additional information.

Attached is my current layout. I am relatively happy with it, but there is info missing that GID had.

Does anyone know how hard it is to actually produce a new widget, with no graphical part? As you can see, I am mostly interested in actual info, and not so much fancy drawings...

vCaLYGT.jpg

p1U5nCa.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline