GSC2013 v1.10 Bug Report thread

Hi Reiza,
I don't know if you are aware, or if you even intend this feature to be used but I thought I should report it.

I tried editing the plr file, in particular the 'number of race sessions'.
I changed it to 3, and it worked very well:
race 1 starts according to qualifying positions, then race 2 is a reversal of race 1's results, the race 2 is a final between the top 6 cars. OK so far.
Everything works fine if I run them one after the other in the same game session,
but if I try to quit the game after race 1, the game freezes. I have to Ctrl Alt Del to close it down.
Not sure if anything can be done, but it was a good way of running endurance distances totalling 3 to 5 hrs, so it's a shame its not possible to quit between the sessions.

There is is quite a big bug in championship races where after you have finished qualifying and you go to the next session it will shuffle up the grid. I qualified first in a session and then when i clicked next i was put to 9th, I have noticed this a couple of times now.

hmm, I'm not sure what causes it, but I have only had a problem if I exit the game after qualifying. It then puts me to the back of the grid when I restart the game for the race. But other than that, my start position has always been correct. I use 'finish session' to make sure it is over.

Last edited:
1.jpg 2.jpg
Please post your bug reports from v1.10 here.

Make sure to run GSC Sync regularly from now on - we´ve already corrected some of the minor bugs reported.
run GSC Sync and try open ports but still have activation problem.
5.jpg View attachment 46035 View attachment 46036

Last edited:
i have two questions... i dont really know if they are bugs but still quite annoying.
first is there a way to select your opponents in single race? i keep getting cars from the DRM mod as opponents when i drive mini and i havent been able to find a way to block the DRM cars... this doesnt happen with other cars however.
and second is there a way to disable qualifying and choose the position in the grid like in rFactor? i really dont want to qualify in every single race especially with longer tracks like nordschleife.

Ok, now I've probably gone and made this booboo myself but I'll add my story incase it's of any use for Reiza.

The problem:
When the game is done loading car/track/assets etc I'm presented with the grid overview as normal, sounds from pitlane starts as normal but I can't interact with the UI at all (switch to Garage 1 or 2 etc). If I Alt-Tab out of the game I'm greeted with a crash dump message (see link at the end of post for dump file).

Additional Info:
Started happening today after I had;
Moved the game from where it was installed (on a regular HDD) to my SSD for speed, then using the command "mklink /j e:\old_path g:\new_path" to create a symbolic junction so windows etc still thinks the game is installed on the old location. Doing this with several games and it's working fine (like BF4) so I don't think this is the reason.
Installed a mod car, some Porsche, it was when trying to load this car I first noticed the issue, but I've since both removed the mod (yeah probably not a legal mod anyways) and tried using only stock content (the V8 on Interlagos), and having the same issue with stock content sadly.

What I've tried:
As mentioned, removed the mod car.
Ran the Sync tool a couple of times, first time it downloaded a small update but nothing since I removed the mod car.
Restarted the game, obviously :p

Things I probably should have tried but haven't yet, cos I'm tired (and possibly lazy);
Restart my PC.
Remove the game and reinstall it directly on the SSD.
Try other cars and tracks

Crashdump over here;
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/383431/GSC Crashdumps/GSC.4324.dmp

Hope this is of any use.

i have two questions... i dont really know if they are bugs but still quite annoying.
first is there a way to select your opponents in single race? i keep getting cars from the DRM mod as opponents when i drive mini and i havent been able to find a way to block the DRM cars... this doesnt happen with other cars however.
and second is there a way to disable qualifying and choose the position in the grid like in rFactor? i really dont want to qualify in every single race especially with longer tracks like nordschleife.

The first thing is not a bug. Whoever made the mod has not done it in a way that removes the Minis, so you cannot expect Reiza to take any notice of problems caused by unofficial mods.

You should be able to choose your starting position but I have not tried this. Go into your plr file. First look for the line
QUICK Num Qual Sessions="1" // range: 0-1
and change it to "0"

Then look for the line
Starting Pos="0" // Only used if no qualifying session in single-player
Change it to whatever start position you want.

This should allow you to start from your chosen position, but you will have to change the Qual Sessions back to 1 afterwards to re-activate qualifying.
Hope this helps, let us know if it works, as I haven't used it since rFactor.

Two options that have worked for me to prevent other series cars from running amongst each other....
Sim manager
Or if you have mods installed make sure only the mods name show with no selectable cars or paints to choose from.....than click the series you want and pick your cars. I haven't had any issues since using that method

Hi.
I always drive with eyepoint moved very forward. During practice time on server everything works normal:

gsc-2013-12-04-12-51-40-.jpg

But on qualy my view change to this, which is for me undrivable (I am almost 2 sec slower):

gsc-2013-12-04-12-59-59-.jpg

Is it server issue or somebody set it up like this, because offline all sessions work fine and view doesn`t change like I am sitting on the back seats.
and
GSC sync downloaded StockV8_cockpitinfo file, because I changed this line: Eyepoint=(0.391, 0.78, 0.44) // Driver eyepoint (cockpit view only) ( LEFT/RIGHT, UP/DOWN, FORWARD/BACK); from 0.44 to -0.44. So in practice that works fine and my setup stays as it has to be, but in Qualy it changes to default value. I don`t know why, because that view doesn`t give me any advantage and I am using it in all other games without problems. Strange and great shame, because I will have to pass all V8 races, I guess.

@Reiza Studios is it possible to change values in that file and let eyepoint move more forward, please. And also question, why FOV can be set only to 35, because, for example, rF2 nad AC I can drive with 27 FOV (triple screen).
Tnx for your answer.

On medium opponent texture settings does anyone else get this?

Not that I run the game on medium, but some might.....was something I picked up on by accident whilst loading new skins in. Put a picture of a standard untouched skin to show it isn't due to a new skin being loaded.

j74s.jpg

I cannot install the game, I get:

(path)\GSC.exe
an error has occurred while trying to replace the existing file: DeleteFile failed; code 5
Accesss is denied

I have tried different drives for installation as well as launching the installer as administrator, same mistake all the time.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back