GSC2013 "pre-release" discussions here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios
Please concentrate your discussions, feedback and bug reports here, while we prepare for official release :)

If you wish to join in the fun, you can buy the game now here. The pre-order gives you access straightaway to the current build - v1.00 which is actually more of a final beta. Official release is still a week or so away and it will mostly be about some tweaks and fixing the main bugs that have been observed in this "pre-release" period.

Those who buy and download v1.00 now will be able to then patch it to v1.01 from official release with a small update.

While this temporary fix is no longer required for the activation issues we had the last couple of days, you might want to apply it in any case as this also addresses potential Fingerprint mismatch issues and compatibility with 3rd party d3d9.dll based plugins: www.reizastudios.com/downloads/GSC2013_GS_FIX.rar - download and extract GSC.exe into your GSC2013 root folder, overwriting the original.

Last edited:
There are three driving views, cockpit, hood/tcam, and nose. You can cycle through them using the insert key on your keyboard. Sounds like you've found one of the car replay cams, which you can cycle through using the home key. One of those is an optional "low fov" virtual cockpit type thing but isn't one of the three main driving views. Page up gives you a "swingman" chase view behind the car.

No need to go messing about in files to get a bonnet cam :)
Thanks, but I'm pretty sure it's the normal hood view. I use Insert to cycle through the three views. This is what I see on hood view (ignore the auto pit message, that's just my hotkey for screenshots)

GSC 2013-10-02 17-29-18-94.jpg

Another reason i prefer a manual is because i dont feel like i being welcome here, so if i have a manual then i can disappear right away & leave you guys alone, win win situation :whistling:
Why don't you feel welcome? We were all noobs to stuff at one point (I still am). But, let's not get off the main GSC topic!

• Deleted member 151827

Can gsc 2012 content be used on gsc 2013? I found Nurburg on Race department and would like to use it. :)

One issue with GSC 2013 that you might not know, is that MSI Afterburner will crash the game on boot, giving a crashdump.

When I initially installed the game, I went though all the compatibility settings, running as administrator, and running the game in windowed mode. No luck.

Then I remember from back in the initial GSC game, there can be problems with video capturing software, where the software's hook into the game for an OSD overlay (like a frame rate counter), interfered with GSC's own overlay.

This made me look at Afterburner. I don't use Afterburner's OSD overlay, but I do use it to apply a minor overclock to my graphics card in games. I disabled the overclock, and ensured that the OSD overlay was definitely off, however the game still crashes on boot.

If I shut down Afterburner, then GSC 2013 runs perfectly. This is just a minor irritation, because Afterburner is set to boot with Windows. So i will have to close it when running GSC 2013, it's not that I need the overclock anyway with this game. Afterburner is MEANT to apply these overclock profiles even if you don't load it with Windows, as long as you have set the option 'Apply overclocking at system startup'. This doesn't work for me, the standard clock remains applied when I select this AND don't load Afterburner on boot.

Anyway, I thought others should know this, if they use Afterburner for capturing race videos etc.

@Reiza Studios if you want a few of the crashdump files, they are here

Last edited:
I just bought Action! about 5 days ago. I already own Fraps, Playclaw, Dxtory (my favourite), and Bandicam.

I just did a quick test a few mins ago .....

It didn't drive because my wheel isn't connected ......... buggered if I remember the keyboard controls :D

Do I disable av before I download or just before install? cheers

I disabled my AV before installing, just in case, but not when downloading. My AV has picked up previous releases in the past.

After installing the game, I enabled my AV and scanned the install folder, nothing was picked up or quarantined.

AV - Vipre Internet Security 2013

How do I change the resolution once I have already set it? The box that pops up first time is not appearing anymore. I wanted to downsample to reduce the aliasing a little.

edit: found it in the installation folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back