GSC2013 "pre-release" discussions here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios
Please concentrate your discussions, feedback and bug reports here, while we prepare for official release :)

If you wish to join in the fun, you can buy the game now here. The pre-order gives you access straightaway to the current build - v1.00 which is actually more of a final beta. Official release is still a week or so away and it will mostly be about some tweaks and fixing the main bugs that have been observed in this "pre-release" period.

Those who buy and download v1.00 now will be able to then patch it to v1.01 from official release with a small update.

While this temporary fix is no longer required for the activation issues we had the last couple of days, you might want to apply it in any case as this also addresses potential Fingerprint mismatch issues and compatibility with 3rd party d3d9.dll based plugins: www.reizastudios.com/downloads/GSC2013_GS_FIX.rar - download and extract GSC.exe into your GSC2013 root folder, overwriting the original.

Last edited:
@Guus Verver have you made a profile with the preset for the g27 in game and them map the brake again
1215.jpg

is your wheel set to ID1
ghgh.png

and here is how to set up a logitech wheel with pictures this has helped allot of guys in gtl who had problems setting up a profile this will work for all sims
CLICK ME

Last edited:
Have you created a profile for GSC2013 in the logitech profiler also i always use that to launch the game rather than running the application direct. The steering should feel quite easy to move but then load up when more lock is applied. Other than that i cant think why it wouldnt feel better.
Launch using profiler ?? Ok will give it a try. By the way other than the wheel feel very loose especially if i set overall effect to 50% the main problem is the wheel cant give me a consistent ffb, i found the wheel are way lighter in straight and when i make any turn the weight increase to some degree that i believe its too much and i can hear my wheel making those ''gegegegege .." sound.
By the way do you play nK-Pro or Assetto Corsa demo ?? Its the same ffb to you compare to this game ??
Thanks for your time :thumbsup:

Not good at all, no matter overall effect 100% or like Xavier suggest 50% is the same thing, i dont feel comfortable even drive straight cause my wheel do shake abit here & there like the wheel are loose or gonna leave the motor anytime, when i make any slow or fast turn i can feel the gear inside the wheel resist the movement in an on-off method, the best part is the wheel are even much harder and get more on-off resistance when i try to turn while the car is totally stop.
Man may be this game need a very different setup but i really cant enjoy it right now, not saying its undrivable but nK-Pro has much more better & natural ffb than this game, at least this is how it looks like to me atm. I mean i can always feel the road and the wheel give me something very firm feeling no matter what i do in straight or turning, the wheel wont suddenly tight abit here but loose abit there, even over kerbs i feel much more comfortable playing nK-pro. Sorry i actually only speak simple english so hope you guys understand me :thumbsup:
Just asking, but have you ever driven a real car? Those sudden tightening and loosening's represent traction loss etc. It feels VERY similar in a real car. GSC has one of the best FFB feelings in sim-racing. Then again, if you prefer FFB from older gen sims then that's no problem. :) The FFB is correct in GSC, and what you are feeling through your wheel is normal. :) No problems with set-up or anything, I just think you aren't used to the next gen FFB.

I think Xavier is correct it will feel different in different games. I would just keep trying with one of the settings suggested and get to used to it. It doesnt sound like there is anything wrong but it is just different. I will compare it to nkpro and assetto when i get home and compare notes.

Just asking, but have you ever driven a real car? Those sudden tightening and loosening's represent traction loss etc. It feels VERY similar in a real car. GSC has one of the best FFB feelings in sim-racing. Then again, if you prefer FFB from older gen sims then that's no problem. :) The FFB is correct in GSC, and what you are feeling through your wheel is normal. :) No problems with set-up or anything, I just think you aren't used to the next gen FFB.

Ok to be honest i have only about 50hrs of sim-racing experience where i play abit Assetto Corsa demo the time it release & nK-Pro 2 months ago & i only drive my bother & father's car for fun without license but before you conclude me know nothing about sim-racing i do manage to lap some decent time 1s different to world record as a rookie in nK-Pro so i not totally a noob. I mean i might beat some of you guys here in term of lap time if we really compete on that.
Yeah i heard nK-Pro is some old game but how about Assetto Corsa Demo ?? That cant be old too & i just feel better ffb from that demo than this GSC atm.
Finally i dont think my wheel has so much resistance & hard to turn while my car is totally stop is normal, my father & brother car's dont do that & AC demo dont do that either :rolleyes:

I think Xavier is correct it will feel different in different games. I would just keep trying with one of the settings suggested and get to used to it. It doesnt sound like there is anything wrong but it is just different. I will compare it to nkpro and assetto when i get home and compare notes.
Yeah i agree that different game come with different ffb setting but i dont see the reason why my wheel are so hard to turn when the car is not moving like some one trying to turn the wheel against me to opposite direction. Thats just weird.
Or may be i describe it this way, when the car is moving my wheel turn like locking a new screw but when the car stop wheel turn like locking a rust screw. I hope you know what i mean :coffee:

Yeah i agree that different game come with different ffb setting but i dont see the reason why my wheel are so hard to turn when the car is not moving like some one trying to turn the wheel against me to opposite direction. Thats just weird.
Or may be i describe it this way, when the car is moving my wheel turn like locking a new screw but when the car stop wheel turn like locking a rust screw. I hope you know what i mean :coffee:
Try change your ffb settings in game from -100 to 100.

Try change your ffb settings in game from -100 to 100.
Yeah actually i just did that trying -50 / 0 / 50 / 100 & so far -100 is the best but just not comfortable enough.
Pls have a look the 6s video below to more understand my problem -->
As you can see i can turn the wheel in nK-Pro fast, smooth & easy like that while the car not moving without any problem but if i do this in GSC2013 my table will shake like i getting some small degree earth quake.
Feel like someone put sand inside my wheel, its just so uncomfortable.
Thanks for your concern anyway :thumbsup:

Yeah actually i just did that trying -50 / 0 / 50 / 100 & so far -100 is the best but just not comfortable enough.
Pls have a look the 6s video below to more understand my problem -->
As you can see i can turn the wheel in nK-Pro fast, smooth & easy like that while the car not moving without any problem but if i do this in GSC2013 my table will shake like i getting some small degree earth quake.
Feel like someone put sand inside my wheel, its just so uncomfortable.
Thanks for your concern anyway :thumbsup:

That video is marked as private - none of us will be able to see it.

Gotta say loving it so far.

(Make note to self) ~~~> Do not drive Formula Retro with FFB turned up whilst driving sitting in an office chair with castors on hardwood floor! :x3:

On a side note.....Any idea when you will be releasing the template and viewers for the cars Reiza?

Not saying its wrong but I never really understand why most people use 0% for spring & damper, i mean why put it there if actually we dont need it for all the racing game ??
By the way not sure if its a bug or only happen to me that i found one arrow not working ....
GSC_Arrow_not_working.jpg

Thanks for the concern about the ffb, lets see how is the result.
Set "Force Feedback Effects" to "Low" or "Off".
GSC is using RealFeelPlugin. If you wanna feel true FFB from the plugin, you have to cut or reduce in-game FFB.

Set "Force Feedback Effects" to "Low" or "Off".
GSC is using RealFeelPlugin. If you wanna feel true FFB from the plugin, you have to cut or reduce in-game FFB.
I didnt change anything by default its "Low" & if i set to "Off" then ffb 100% gone. I think its ok since the game still very much playable just i dont feel exact comfort like i do playing nK-Pro or AC Demo, its no big deal.
By the way i ask this before & going to ask again, is there any manual guide for this game ?? Or else i might keep on asking many questions here.
One question here, whats the different between "Test Day" & "Single race" mode ?? Yeah "Test Day" sound like it for me to test any car i want but there is AI option as well .. so i can race AI also in Test Day ?? If thats so how to enable the AI ?? I do load the track but only me, no AI.
GSC_2013_10_02_20_27_44_788.jpg

Thanks for the concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 245 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%