GSC2012 installation error

I have been trying to install GSC2012 as instructed on the same drive but different folder to the original GSC, however i keep getting the same error every time i try to install as shown in pic below and it does not install the exe. I have the digital version of the game and downloaded the torrent from here: http://www.virtualr.net/game-stock-car-2012-released.

It does say its the digital set up so i am sure i got that part right.

ss1bb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
ss1bb.jpg

Verify the downloaded files are not corrupt:

MD5 Hashes, I think it's really important you supply these with download links so people can verify their files have downloaded correctly...

Setup.exe: f1e4c2d8c73abdad5db0ff8c3b1c3bcd
Setup-1.bin: a5461822d76e4495a119dd173d060682
Setup-2.bin: 83a471801a4b57d868f03da177c6dc87

Download this to check the checksums of the files you've downloaded: http://www.winmd5.com/

I am now getting same error as Neil, after playing this morning it now wont play at all no exe file in root folder nothing. Desfktop icon has no destination when opened, wtf is going on?? Never had original GSC now wishing I never spent money on this now!!! Turned virus scanners off.....

Edit; After uninstalling my antivirus I am now getting the installer to work! My question is, after a scheduled scan whilst in RD server preparing for tonight's Club event, it uninstalled my exe file. What is in the exe file for that to happen?

Nick, (and Alex for your info also), when I had McAfee antivirus installed, it kept removing the GSC dedicated exe. In the end I contacted McAfee and they added it into their 'ignore' list so it stopped happening. I would recommend doing the same with your AV program i.e. submit a false positive report. I have since removed McAfee, but I still get problems installing GSC if I have Microsoft Security Essentials active. But I simply deactivate it while installing and then all is fine once it's installed.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back