GSC12 .exe virus notifcation

I start up my comp today and AVG say GSC exe has a Trojian.
It wants to put the file in the vault. WTF man
Anyone else get this today? It was working great yesterday

EDITED INFORMATION BY REIZA: We´re contacting the companies responsible for Norton, Avira, Avast, McAfee and AVG to get the files whitelisted ASAP.

These are false positive reports and neither the GSC installer, GSC.exe or GSC Dedicated.exe pose any kind of security issue to your system. However the fact that it is triggering false positives is an issue in itself, and that´s what we´re working on resolving.

We apologise in advance for any inconvenience this may cause.

For AVIRA:

Goto:

-Extras-Configuration
-On top left in the appearing window set the expert mode to ON
-Click Systemscanner
-Click PC security
-Click Search
-Click EXCEPTIONS
-Add your Desktop Shortcut as your GSC game .exe and save that.

DONE

Greets Modmate

Avira tried to prevent me from installing the game because it detected a trojan (in a file called "dropper" something) and after I ignored it, it tried to prevent me from starting the game for the same reason. I cannot get Avira to make a rule allowing the executable to run so I have to disable my real-time AV protection to play it. Not good. please keep us posted re. the solution to this as I've been looking forward to playing this sim but not if it won't work with my AV suite. Thanks!

OK, here is my workaround with Avira.

Modmate's solution did not work for me, possibly because I have another version of Avira, but I adapted it as follows:

This will exclude the .exe from being blocked by realtime protection operations:

- Open Avira and go to the Configuration menu
- Enable Expert Mode
- Click the PC Protection bar
- Under System Scanner, expand Realtime Protection
- Expand Scan
- Click Exceptions: Browse and add the following file in the bottom (file objects) exception window: C:\GSC2012\GSC.exe.

This will exclude the file from being blocked by scheduled scans:

- Open Avira and go to the Configuration menu
- Enable Expert Mode
- Click the PC Protection bar
- Under System Scanner, expand Scan
- Click Exceptions: Browse and add the following file in the file objects exception window: C:\GSC2012\GSC.exe.

This should enable you to run the game while not disabling your Avira always-on realtime protection process and avoid false trojan alarms when you do your regular scan.

That's odd. I came up with my solution(s) after much experimentation and it works perfectly. Surprisingly, you can get Avira tech support on the phone; might be worth trying that. Does the game start when you disable Avira live scan?

Norton was just as painful but managed to get it to restore the deleted files and exclude from future scans/auto protect.

Begs the question, why are all these security program's having such an issue with this game?

Norton was just as painful but managed to get it to restore the deleted files and exclude from future scans/auto protect.

Begs the question, why are all these security program's having such an issue with this game?

*.exe alone leads them to behave it is a threat, payment integration for purchasing the game could be violated if from a not reliable source so you could get tricked.

Y
guys
can you tell me how to fix the norton problem please
paul
You need to go into program permissions and exclude c:/GSC2012 from all scans. Then you'll need to go into firewall settings and select allow for gsc2012.exe

If norton has already deleted some files you'll need to go into quarantine section and restore files related to gsc. Also if you need to install gsc and any updates, turn norton off until you've completed the installation.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back